Author Topic: Build 17 "pre-test"  (Read 34606 times)

bitmate

• Autococker
Re: Build 17 "pre-test"
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2007, 10:27:13 AM »
Two things:

1.) I'd rather change the playerID to the actual login name when you enter "names" in the console.
2.) What the hell happend here:

]names
 0 (8 )] * -ch1ll-bitmate
]pS[KiLo entered the game (build 16).
Login failed for ]pS[KiLo.
]pS[KiLo was kicked
]pS[KiLo disconnected.

Do you have to be logged in to join servers now?!?

*edit: Disable smileys in quotes FTW.

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2007, 10:37:43 AM »
Two things:

1.) I'd rather change the playerID to the actual login name when you enter "names" in the console.
2.) What the hell happend here:

]names
 0 (8 )] * -ch1ll-bitmate
]pS[KiLo entered the game (build 16).
Login failed for ]pS[KiLo.
]pS[KiLo was kicked
]pS[KiLo disconnected.

Do you have to be logged in to join servers now?!?

*edit: Disable smileys in quotes FTW.

1) I'd like to see both :)
2) no, he was kicked for using a clantag when he was not logged in

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2007, 11:35:49 AM »
Mosez, he already adressed that... I had the same problem:

Picasso: The number spam is a bug (or perhaps more specifically, a debug that was never removed).  I'll fix that for the final.  I thought the leeroy jenkins clip was funny. :-\  I might need to tone the volume on it down a bit more, though.  Logins are successful if you don't see any errors.  You'll know if it failed. :P  sv_login 2 is the setting to require logins on the server.

oli887

• Stingray
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2007, 01:22:38 PM »
The new sound is kinda weird ... Someone yelling into the speaker ... ? I like the new loading screen :D
And i think that spaces into the jersey woulb be an awsome idea ! :) Clan Shirts

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2007, 02:05:37 PM »
I'm getting a bug, when I've compiled a map in BSP, and it starts PB to test it, my character can't move. There is no response to the keyboard at all (from the game that is). I had to alt-tab out and back in to get a response. This wasn't happening with build 16.

JiGSaW

• Autococker
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2007, 02:32:54 PM »
So what am I supposed to do since I can't even login on the game?

I can login on this site, but not in game.

SmackWaters

• VM-68
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2007, 03:43:28 PM »
Hmm, how am i going to work this? My computer doesn't have internet, only my parents' does. I make all my maps on my computer though. Am i going to just have to keep build 16 on my other computer?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2007, 04:14:26 PM »
The new sound is kinda weird ... Someone yelling into the speaker ... ?
Are you guys that uncultured?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LkCNJRfSZBU

I thought everybody on the Internet had seen that video.

bitmate: -ch1ll-bitmate is your login name.  You want to see it twice?

Zorchenhimer: Verification is done on the bots to make sure they aren't using real player names.  I've seen a few instances where people had bots running around on the servers using actual player names.

Sharp: There's currently no option to delete profiles in the game.  You can, however, delete them from the profiles directory.

For instance, if someone named "newbie" joins the server, you can look up his profile name, stating "jitspoe" (e.g.), so you know it's jitspoe playing under the name "newbie".
I couldn't be logged in and using the name "newbie".  I'd have to use one of the names I registered.  "newbie" is a reserved name that cannot be registered.

ViciouZ: I'll try playing without an Internet connection.  It sounds like it's trying to connect to the server when it shouldn't.  Set public and sv_login to 0 and see if it still does it.

bitmate

• Autococker
« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2007, 04:44:57 PM »
Is it that hard to understand? Maybe I can't really explain what I mean...

When I enter "names" in the console, this will come up:

]names
 0 (8 )] * -ch1ll-bitmate

I'd change the playerid (in this case: (8 )) to the registered name (in this case: (bitmate)). Or even, as Pureblood put it, change it so both is displayed.

]names
 0 (bitmate)] * -ch1ll-bitmate
or:
]names
 0 (8 - bitmate)] * -ch1ll-bitmate

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2007, 05:24:02 PM »
Na genervt bit ;D

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2007, 06:04:49 PM »
I get what you mean, but your name is already displayed.  You can't be logged in if you're not using a registered name.  Why display it twice?  What happens if you have several names registered?  List all of them?  That would get ugly quickly.  In any case, put it in the feature request thread.

I have a new test release out that addresses several of the issues:
http://dplogin.com/files/clients/windows/paintball2_build017_update_pretest2.exe
- Missing crosshair files included.
- Removed number spam with brightness setting enabled.
- Added a little more documentation since it seems I left some of the settings and new features out (not that anybody reads that anyway).
- Fixed something (hopefully) where it was trying to contact the login server even if logins were disabled.

I still haven't addressed the issue with proxies or whatever else might be stopping people from http connections to the login server.  I'll probably put those in build 18.  I'm hoping just using libCURL will fix it, but I don't know.  I'll probably put together a test app to see if connections with this work.  I hope it doesn't add a bunch of bloat.

KnacK: I tested the installer on a machine without the game previously installed.  It simply does not let you click the "Next" button, which is the intended behavior.  Was it doing something different for you?

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2007, 06:40:34 PM »
1) pong bug: "Red team was scored on!"-message, when i score with the blue team and "Blue team was scored on!"-message, when i score with the red team.

2) please remove the start8 sound. its terrible.

3) How can i turn of the autodemo? And how can i change the name of it?

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2007, 07:17:33 PM »
1) pong bug: "Red team was scored on!"-message, when i score with the blue team and "Blue team was scored on!"-message, when i score with the red team.
This isn't a bug (assuming that the Red team wasn't scored on).  This is the behavior of the Pong mode.  It displays a message for which team was scored on for whatever reason.
2) please remove the start8 sound. its terrible.
Can someone host this .wav so I can hear it.  I have linux and haven't had the chance to test this yet :P
3) How can i turn of the autodemo? And how can i change the name of it?
The autodemo is server side as far I know.  I think jitspoe was hinting towards and arecord feature that other games have.  You could try seeing if arecord is the cvar, and set that to 0.  It would be very wise to have this set to 0 by default.

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2007, 07:27:33 PM »
Quote from: jitspoe
Zorchenhimer: Verification is done on the bots to make sure they aren't using real player names.  I've seen a few instances where people had bots running around on the servers using actual player names.

Yea, I thought about it after I posted that, and it makes sense. But that brings up a question: can I register the name "ACEBot_1"?

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2007, 07:34:13 PM »
Here ya go XB...

I have to agree with T3RROR, it is a retched sound.  It's way way too loud to the point it drowns out game play and by itself simply doesn't fit the present sound scheme for the game...  That's not to say I wouldn't mind a whole new sound scheme but that wav is not the direction we need to go...

http://69.93.11.66/~dpaintball/Files/start8.wav

I get what you mean, but your name is already displayed.  You can't be logged in if you're not using a registered name.  Why display it twice?  What happens if you have several names registered?  List all of them?  That would get ugly quickly. 

There should be a 3 name limit on names a person can register anyway IMHO.

It should list whatever registered name the person is logged in with though...  NOT what they have their name set at during the game.

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2007, 07:35:24 PM »
Wow, I just realized what that said. :P

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2007, 09:07:44 PM »
Jits, found something you might want to take a look at. A "build-in" wall hack. This is with the pretest 2. Demo attached. Starts at ~28 FOV and lower.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2007, 09:12:04 PM »
Jit,

That's exactly what I experienced.

P!nk

• Autococker
« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2007, 09:45:43 PM »
I believe there was a thread on that before and jits said he would set a minimum fov to fix it, and then Spook and a couple of other people protested because they used it for zooming. I can't find the thread though, it must of been purged.

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2007, 09:55:40 PM »
Oh, now i see why jitspoe posted the leroy jenkins thread. If you haven't seen it until now then you have far too much of a life and shouldn't be on the computer.