Author Topic: Build 17 "pre-test"  (Read 34604 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Build 17 "pre-test"
« on: March 05, 2007, 02:06:53 AM »
Hopefully this won't use too much bandwidth.  I need a few people to try out build 17 before I do the official release.  I'm just releasing the windows update for now until I know everything is functioning (close to) properly.

I have a test server set up here: 71.75.4.26.  Please use it to test your logins.  I'm probably going to test this for about a week, and then the global login database will be reset for actual registrations.

Understand that this is not the official release yet, and if changes are necessary, continuing to use the pretest version may cause issues once the final version is out (possibly even get you banned for an executable that doesn't match the official version).

Thanks in advance for testing.

Edit: Updated link.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 01:19:17 PM by jitspoe »

Eiii

• Autococker
Re: Build 17 "pre-test"
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 02:13:52 AM »
I LOVE YOU.

EDIT:
Works. I was apparently just messing around when I made my account on that, as none of my standard (and not-so-standard) passwords are used. So, I made another test one. Looking forward to that database wipe. :3

Also, what you put in the 'login name' while editing a profile doesn't hold.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 02:44:24 AM »
The "login name" defaults to whatever your name is set to.  I thought this would simplify things, but maybe not.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 03:01:45 AM »
It defaults to the current name fine, but it doesn't seem to set the name when you're done.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2007, 06:51:08 AM »
Download Mirror:

Edit: outdated.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 06:05:31 PM by jitspoe »

bitmate

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2007, 07:18:38 AM »
Is there any chance to see the actuall login data of each player yet?
Maybe I'm just dumb, but I haven't seen an option for that so far.

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2007, 09:11:09 AM »
Hey Jitspoe, I'll give it a go for testing.
I can load up some illegal content also to test the CRC test, or whatever you might check for modified content ;)

Send it on my way!
oops just saw it's downloadable..teehee

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2007, 09:47:47 AM »
Tested...

I'm curious what's changed...

Is this mostly just the global login system and cheat detection?

I also tried to brighten gameplay so I could see the game on this crappy PC and random numbers begin spamming non stop until I changed the setting back.

I also noticed a new wav sound.  My personal opinion is it was a very loud and annoying wav.  I suppose I'm too used to the old sounds or something.

How do we know if login was successful?

Will we have a serverside setting that allows ONLY logged in users on the servers if we so choose?

Something else that would be nice would be if server admins could type status and despite what name a user is using in game, we would automatically see their main logged in username.

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2007, 10:06:19 AM »
well, the login doesn't work for me (see attached file).

reason for that is probably the proxy between me and the login server, which won't allow the data to get through to me? At least that's my best guess, and it's nothing new as I haven't been able to retrieve any serverlists for ages - but luckily there is HLSW.
So that new build will prevent me from playing with a clantag now? Not a good idea... I hope you can give me a fix.

-)MeMi(-PURE

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2007, 12:27:07 PM »
works for me, but i hate the fact that i can see my gun in fov 125 now.

Sharp

• VM-68
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2007, 12:33:16 PM »
Wow 1440x900 Resolution looks so sweet, aside from that and the login system. What are the other updates? Is their a file. Other than that, its running smooth and i was able to join your server.

Btw is it too late to request that the server browser window to be widened? so the server names fit in full.

Btw spook im sure theirs a command to hide gun.

Modified.

I Noticed theirs no way to delete a profile from ingame?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 01:14:01 PM by Sharp »

TinMan

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2007, 12:47:29 PM »
Jits, just hit me up when there's a Linux build out and I'll test it on all my OSes.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2007, 12:59:21 PM »
bitmate: I'm not sure if this is what you're asking, but there's a member list on http://www.dplogin.com/ that has people's public profiles.
S8N: No need to test illegal content.  I don't want to have to ban you. ;)  I'm sure it'll happen soon enough.
Picasso: The number spam is a bug (or perhaps more specifically, a debug that was never removed).  I'll fix that for the final.  I thought the leeroy jenkins clip was funny. :-\  I might need to tone the volume on it down a bit more, though.  Logins are successful if you don't see any errors.  You'll know if it failed. :P  sv_login 2 is the setting to require logins on the server.
b00n: Hrm, I don't have any provisions for proxies at the moment.  I'm not sure how difficult that is to add.  Can you give me more information on how your connection is set up?
Everybody: There's a readme that covers most of your questions.  I don't write these things for my health. :P

bug

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2007, 01:06:10 PM »
1. Upon loading it will stop the sound from any music I have playing and, even though VLC is still happily chugging along, I still can't hear anything until I close it and open it again. My bad. I didn't see "Disable External Sound."

2. Upon going to Setup->Global Login Profile, the password box has a much longer string than what my password actually is, so I assume it's the SHA1 hash. Wouldn't it be easier to just leave the box blank?

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2007, 01:32:02 PM »
The installer is not prompting to create the c:\games\paintaball folder if it does not exist.

hmmmm... it's either me or this installer is erally b0rked if you try to isntall the game on a pc that hasnt had it installed before.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2007, 01:52:35 PM »
bug: It's hashed for security purposes.  The plaintext password is never stored or sent.  There might be ways to make it easier from the user's perspective, but it's functional right now.  If enough people vote for it in the feature request thread, I'll change it in a future build.

KnacK: I haven't tried it, but in theory it shouldn't even let you install if you don't have a previous version present.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2007, 02:23:31 PM »
OK then that makes sense.

I'll try it at home tonight.

JiGSaW

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2007, 02:49:21 PM »
ERROR: Unknown Response From Login Server.

Problem.

Is it because my server browser doesn't work? 

I can log on to dpball.com just fine.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2007, 02:56:50 PM »
I'm getting a "not found" on that link, but if you can't download the serverlist in-game, then you probably won't be able to connect to the login server, either, since it uses the same method, basically.

JiGSaW

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2007, 03:02:50 PM »
Won't let me put pics up for some reason, anyway, I edited it with what it says.  I just use XFire with the servers but, that sucks.  No b17 for me or is there a way around it?