Author Topic: TiGeR - Joel has returned (See post for map proposal)  (Read 4489 times)

TiGeR

• PGP
TiGeR - Joel has returned (See post for map proposal)
« on: March 05, 2007, 02:02:14 PM »
Hey Jitspoe!

Got an email form a guy asking about Castle 2 and figured I would stop by and say Ello!

I found some of my old maps I had been working on about 7 years ago!  Perhaps I should send you some screenshots of them :)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 08:01:07 AM by TiGeR »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: TiGeR - Joel has returned (no maps yet)
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 02:05:17 PM »
Wow!  He managed to track you down!  I found a couple email addresses a little while ago and tried to contact you just for the heck of it, but neither worked.

TiGeR

• PGP
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 02:29:02 PM »
Everything I have done post DP was all HL engine stuff.  I wonder if I could still whip up some cool Q2 stuff :)  Been a long time and I dont even know if I can remember the BSP collision tricks i used to use to fool vis into big maps.  Unless of course the have a better version now.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 02:31:12 PM »
A lot of things have been improved, but the vis and lighting stages can still be painful.  Somebody has even picked up the devolpment of BSP (the editor).  There's a tutorial on getting it up and running here: http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=5150.0

TiGeR

• PGP
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2007, 02:38:48 PM »
Bahh Im still a Worldcraft sexually promiscuous person!

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2007, 02:39:14 PM »
It only holds you back, man. :)

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2007, 06:41:27 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:22:28 AM by Dirty_Taco »

Playah

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2007, 05:42:30 AM »
can't wait to see new maps...

TiGeR

• PGP
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2007, 07:57:31 AM »
OK what are you all looking for?

How about a map made from buildings that are about 100 feet long and 20 feet wide.  (Think trailer park trailers, single wides).  The map would consist of 6 trailers laid out in a circle like shape.
  _
 /  \  Like this.
 \_/

The tailers will provide close quarters combat with solid choke points and plenty of cover.

The inner section would be the flag zone with the standard drum (and tire piles) and spools to block visibility.  The would be windows from the trailers so you could shoot down into the inner section making the center flag a real nightmare to approach.

Teams would start is the south most trailer (devided into 2 seperate sections.  They would have to move though 2 trailers on the sides (no exits, just windows) towards the north trailer.  The north trailer has 3 exits that are entrances to the center.  Only the middle exit is protected from the sides and is the only way back into the trailers.  The other to exits would require a man stack to use for escape back into the trailers.

2 Paint nades would be placed near the flag.  They should help to clear out the trailers for your escape.  Paint will also be near the flag as the chaos of the north trailer will run you low making the flag dash pretty crazy.  Return to your own start point for a single point, return to the opponent for 2 points (can you still do this Jitspoe?)  All kill victory is always 1 point.

Both sides are mirrors so there is no advantage.

3 on 3 or 5 on 5 would be best for this layout.

I will do 2 versions of this map.  One day and One night.

What do ya think?

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2007, 07:59:19 AM »
I see a potential siege map here.....

TiGeR

• PGP
Re: TiGeR - Joel has returned (See post for map proposal)
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2007, 08:36:24 AM »
I have been playing tourney paintball for the last year (my team took first in our division last year)  This year we moved up to Div 2 (from Div 4) so I have been on the field alot as of late.

Our team site is www.bofpb.com (i did the artwork of course) I am the fat bastard on the left of the pic on the home page.

What kind of maps are you guys wanting?  I have been out playing and wanted to give something back that would be fun.

I just played in the caves on sunday in Joplin MO and I have over 20 bruises (including 9 on my head, I took it bad! 5 of them on 1 of me and I ran for a flag pull... needless to say I paid!)

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2007, 12:15:37 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:22:17 AM by Dirty_Taco »

TiGeR

• PGP
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2007, 12:26:03 PM »
I will!

I need to find the files (.fgd and .pal) for Worldcraft.
The links all seem broken in the FAQ's

Can anybody repost them?

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2007, 12:32:09 PM »
I think the hosting went down. I'll put what i have up here:
http://www.viciouz.co.uk/other/maps/worldcraftfiles/

TiGeR

• PGP
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2007, 12:37:22 PM »
Side note to that would be any wad files.

Once I get them I will post them on my teams website!

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2007, 12:40:05 PM »
I don't think PBall uses wad files. But I know that it's supported.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2007, 12:42:13 PM »
TiGeR: Hmm, I don't know if it would fit too well in this game.  It sounds like it would be interesting in real life, but would probably be too cramped for this game.  You really need to have multiple paths with plenty of room to keep the gameplay flowing, otherwise people will just sit in one spot and spray the entrance preventing any kind of passage.  You might be able to make it work if you use something on a much larger scale -- for example 2-3 story buildings with multiple rooms and hallways that can be used to evade the defense and capture the flag.

TiGeR

• PGP
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2007, 12:46:18 PM »
Ok give me a little while to make it saucy.  Double wide trailers  :o

I know what you mean though.  In real life....

I can still make a map with the same semi circle inserts that have some great choke points.  But like you said wider and taller.  Just would hate to see my return go into something that has already been done before is all.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2007, 12:49:31 PM »
The wal files (paintball2/quake2 use wal, not wad) can be obtained with the BSP pack.  See this thread for details on obtaining it: http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=5150.0

DirtyTaco might have the pal and fgd files, since he's about the only one who really uses that inferior editor anymore. ;)

TiGeR

• PGP
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2007, 12:53:44 PM »
OK grabbed BSP for the wall files...
I have everything working now.  Funny how I will use BSP to finalize my maps though :)

Now I want to make textures  ;D