Poll

Should the map developers decide what the default spawn time should be for their maps?

Yes
no
what is a spawn time?

Author Topic: spawn time  (Read 1287 times)

WarWulf

• Autococker
spawn time
« on: March 05, 2007, 07:06:05 PM »
just wondering who out there thinks that maps should have their own spawn times? may make bigger maps more popular....

James

• 68 Carbine
Re: spawn time
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 07:38:33 PM »
If you did that then that would through off how matches are played, assuming people choose those maps.

WarWulf

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 07:54:39 PM »
well.. thats why im saying its up to the map developers to decide on how long the spawn time should be.. even though im sure jitspoe will add in a feature for the server admins to customize each maps spawn times too, if he even decides to add it in....

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 08:16:01 PM »
I can't really think of any cases where it would be necessary.  I suppose it could be useful on elim-based maps where you want to disable respawning completely.  I could see it being abused a lot, though, just like being able to specify the weapon type leading to all-autococker maps.  Add this, then we'd end up with cramped 1-path autococker maps with instant respawn.

Sharp

• VM-68
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2007, 08:58:26 AM »
Noob admins make noob servers, simple. Find another decent server.

Killswitch

• PGP
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2007, 09:06:35 AM »
i think they should be able to set the default spawn time, because then they can set it specifically to the size and the type of the map they have made

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2007, 09:23:01 AM »
I agree with Jitspoe, this could be abused. Also, I like to be able to change the elim time to make for different gameplay. Besides, its kinda hard to when your playing human vs bots with a 1 second elim time, with 20 bots.