Author Topic: For those with problems accessing the login server and server list in-game...  (Read 6671 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Try this and let me know what it displays.  It should print out a list of server IP's.

b00nlander

• Autococker
error 7

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
7 = CURLE_COULDNT_CONNECT.  Not very helpful.  I guess it doesn't take care of the proxy stuff automagically.  Thanks for testing.  At least I know not to waste (more of) my time with it, I guess.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Actually, scratch that.  I found an option to enable proxy usage (hopefully).  Try this one.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
works for me at the office

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
I get the error 7. What port does this thing use? Or is that auto-detected?

b00nlander

• Autococker
error 7 with the other version as well =/

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Zorchenhimer: Are you behind a proxy, too?

Maybe it doesn't auto-detect the proxy.  I hoped it would...

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
I am behind the most strict proxy I know of. Basically all that is allowed through is HTTP/FTP/HTTPS (port:8080) and Google Talk (I think it uses 8080 too). So, I can see the sever list in Firefox, but pball cannot get it.

Is there a way that you could get the proxy settings from IE or Firefox?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Try this and see if it prints out any information about your proxy:

b00nlander

• Autococker
very interesting... where are you getting the information from? I have an autoconfig-script in both Firefox and Internet-Explorer, but disabled it on both (and addressed one of the proxies directly), yet it still printed that script's URL on that console window... hmm

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
I'm using this method here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/226473

What I find kind of interesting is that you need a proxy to access websites, but you can still connect to servers directly.  I'm wondering if maybe I should do away with the HTTP approach and just code a special login server that uses UDP or something.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Try this one.  I made it print out more information.

b00nlander

• Autococker
yeah, it obviously prints out all the information in that option-array ;)

for INTERNET_PER_CONN_PROXY_SERVER, it only prints out a crpytic value: "ÉÛ§", all other values are readable:

INTERNET_PER_CONN_AUTODISCOVERY_FLAGS = 0x00
INTERNET_PER_CONN_FLAGS = 0x03
INTERNET_PER_CONN_AUTOCONFIG_URL = http://www.tennessee.uni-karlsruhe.de/proxy-a
utoconfig.pac
INTERNET_PER_CONN_PROXY_BYPASS = *.uni-karlsruhe.de;<local>
INTERNET_PER_CONN_PROXY_SERVER = ÉÛ§
Press Enter to continue...

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
Both proxyinfo's work. Btw, a special UDP server will not work for me. Everything was blocked, then some stuff was hand chosen and unblocked (like HTTP).

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
What I find kind of interesting is that you need a proxy to access websites, but you can still connect to servers directly.  I'm wondering if maybe I should do away with the HTTP approach and just code a special login server that uses UDP or something.

I don't know why you're not letting the servers handle the authentication in the first place.  Hash the username and password and send over the UDP stream to the server just like anything else in game, then hash the info again and have the server establish the HTTP connection to dplogin.com to perform the authentication.  That would mean a lot less hassle for players, I think.

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
That would make sense. Oh, and you might want to ad a "please wait while your username is being verified" message instead of just freezing at "player connected".

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Whoops.  I screwed up.  Try this one.

Bain: It does both.  The main reason for the client login is to make sure the login works rather than connecting to the server and getting booted.  It also has some stuff to reduce (and hopefully completely prohibit) spoofing.

Zorch: I really need to make the player validation done in a separate thread so there is no freezing at all.  It's basically instantaneous for me, so I thought maybe I could get away with it.  I really just wanted to get build 17 done with since it's been over a year.

Edit: Oh, and with that curl test, try this:

- Put the exe in an easy to access location (like c:\)
- Start|Run "cmd"
- cd c:\ (or wherever you put the exe)
- set http_proxy=http://proxy.ip.address:port
- cURLTest

b00nlander

• Autococker
with the autoconfig-flag enabled:

INTERNET_PER_CONN_AUTODISCOVERY_FLAGS = 0x00
INTERNET_PER_CONN_FLAGS = 0x07
INTERNET_PER_CONN_AUTOCONFIG_URL = http://www.tennessee.uni-karlsruhe.de/proxy-a
utoconfig.pac
  PROXY_TYPE_AUTO_PROXY_URL
INTERNET_PER_CONN_PROXY_BYPASS = *.uni-karlsruhe.de;<local>
INTERNET_PER_CONN_PROXY_SERVER = proxy.tennessee.uni-karlsruhe.de:3128
Press Enter to continue...

JiGSaW

• Autococker

So what's this supposed to do?