Author Topic: For those with problems accessing the login server and server list in-game...  (Read 6670 times)

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
This is a little program to see if pball will be able to contact the global login server through a proxy.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
It's supposed to do exactly what you showed me in the screenshot.  It's just a test app to make sure this method will work in paintball2 before I bother implementing it.  Thanks for the response.

JiGSaW

• Autococker
How is that supposed to help me not being able to login or get my serverlist.

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
How is that supposed to help me not being able to login or get my serverlist.
jitspoe made that little program as a test to see if it would work for you and others who are experiencing problems retrieving server lists and logging in using B17.  Now he's taking the feedback that you guys are providing and making a decision with regards to including this library in the next B17 pretest.  Hopefully he'll come up with a solution for you guys in the next pretest.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
What bain said -- I need to make sure this works before I even bother putting it in the game.  I'm probably going to move up to build 18 with this addition and keep the build numbers moving up, simply because it makes things easier to keep track of.

One last test, just to make sure everything is working together.  This one should auto-detect the use of a proxy in your Internet settings and use it if you have it enabled, otherwise it will use the direct connection to download the list:

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
I loaded cURLTest_useIEproxy.zip up on my Win2003 vmware session and it does exactly as described for me.  I tried changing some of the proxy settings within the internet options and it worked/failed accordingly.  In terms of Linux, there is the http_proxy environment variable which you can plug into cURL (not sure if it detects that automatically on *nix).  Hopefully this resolves issues for most players.

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
Jits, when I run this it pauses for a while then spits out error code 7. But I have a feeling its my school's proxy is blocking it. What port does it use?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
XtremeBain: The http_proxy environment variable is respected on all operating systems, however, that's not what people typically use in Windows.  I figure it would be easier to use the internet settings that are already being used.

Zorch: It's using whatever you have in your Internet settings.  I went back to review your results but I guess you never posted them.  Would you mind sharing what proxyinfo2fix displayed (you can send it in PM if you don't want other people to see).

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
thats the list of server ip's...

b00nlander

• Autococker
error 5 for me =/

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
5 = CURLE_COULDNT_RESOLVE_PROXY.  Strange considering setting http_proxy and running the first curl test worked.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Ok, time for the first test of the UDP stuff.  I'm starting out simple -- all it does is send a single "test" packet to the server and prints "Success!" if it gets a "testresponse" packet back.  If this works, I'll move on to a full blown login server and serverlist server.

Eiii

• Autococker
Works for me.

b00nlander

• Autococker
works for me as well

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Works, next one :D