Author Topic: Parents  (Read 10245 times)

l1g

• Stingray
Parents
« on: March 08, 2007, 08:18:33 PM »
I don't know about anyone else but my parents absolutely hate me playing this game.  Today they took it off the computer, again, for the fourth time.  I don't play any other video games so I don't understand what the problem is.  I have rules at my house, like do all your homework before playing the game and do all your chores and other things.  And for the most part I abide by these rules, however it doesn't seem to matter.  If anything happens that makes them mad they just go and remove the game or soemthing about the game.  They never tell me they are doing it either, it is extrememly annoying.  Anyway I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem, or had problems with their parents in general.

I know that even without the game, I don't get along with my parents.  Anyone else?

I also know that some people, Gonass and Gold, don't have any problems with their parents because they don't live with them, which is the best thing I have ever heard!

nightryder

• 68 Carbine
Re: Parents
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 09:10:30 PM »
Lol, tell em to eff off. or put a password on yer account on your computer so they cant delete it. or hit them.
just remember that your right and they are wrong and you should be allowed to do whatever you want. And stop doing that homework excrement, that stuff is only used to make you bored and wastes your time. i would like to hear what picasso has to say about this. hes like dr. phil

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 09:12:59 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:21:45 AM by Dirty_Taco »

Gold_Leader

• VM-68
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 09:19:38 PM »
Actually l1g I'm still living with my parents.  I'm moving out once I graduate, but for the most part they don't bother me.  They kinda leave me be.  I kinda just told them how it was gonna be and rebelled against their wishes.

Smokey

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2007, 09:28:02 PM »
My best advice entails getting massively intoxicated and driving their car into a ditch.
Also, kick them in the teeth.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2007, 09:51:28 PM »
1. Install game
2. Kill parents in sleep
3. ?? ?? ??
4. Profit!

Cobo

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2007, 10:48:01 PM »
?? ?? ?? = Hide the evidence?

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2007, 11:06:49 PM »
?? ?? ?? = You can't put three question marks in a row or it becomes ???.
Then again, I could disable smilies.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2007, 12:55:58 AM »
While I no longer live with my parents, I got along with them pretty well when I did.  I'd play lots of computer games, too -- even have LAN parties at the house.  Occasionally they'd bug me that I needed to get outside more, or things like that (which was probably true), but never did anything like delete my games.

I think the two main issues between parents and children are communication and trust.  My parents trusted me and I hung out with friends that they also trusted.  I never had a curfew and could pretty much come and go as I pleased, within reason.

Communication is never easy, especially when you're the one that screwed up, but generally it's best to fess up immediately while there's still time to repair any damages that have been done.  In your situation, I'd try to sit down and have a talk with them about the game and why they deleted it.  It could be as simple as them wanting to use the computer while you're on it playing games.  It could be more than that.  If you never talk it out, you won't know.  You'll just end up doing things that make each other angry over and over.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2007, 05:51:43 AM »
Well said Jitspoe

Sharp

• VM-68
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2007, 10:40:20 AM »
Ive got the same problem, But aslong as i get 2 hours of studying  at home everyday then i can play =] But even then my mum comes in and gives her 2cents.

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2007, 10:49:11 AM »
curfew is some stupid american invention ;)

I never had problems with my parents, but they also wanted me to delete those shooter games - I sure played some worse stuff than paintball :)  But then, it was my computer and in my room, they didnt have to say a lot anyways.  And as long as the grades were well enough, there was no trouble at all, just like sharp mentioned it.

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2007, 11:15:04 AM »
Jitspoe says it all perfectly...

To those of you with bad attitudes as demonstrated by nightryder, Dirty_Taco, Gold_Leader, Smokey and eiii you would be doing your internet play exclusively at libraries, school, a friend's house or from behind bars if you were my kid.  Thank God you're NOT!! LOL

You certainly don't deserve to enjoy the PRIVILEDGES the parents pay for and provide at their expense with your present line of thinking.

Too often kids forget who bought the computer, pays for their room, buys their food and puts clothes on their backs.

l1g, not sure what's going on in your situation because I'm only hearing your side of the story but I will say, that good communication is the key in ALL relationships.  Without it the relationship will of course fail.

Rules are made to be followed!!  If you don't follow them there are consequences.
You go to school to LEARN despite how useless you might think the curriculum is.
You don't have to pay bills, buy food, put clothes on your own back or do anything other than to make good enough grades to graduate school.  I would say that is a pretty fair trade off and the parent's deserve a heck of a lot more respect than the examples set above.

With my children, I live by the same basic standard way of life that has been around for all time past.  You follow the rules of the house, keep your grades above C's, respect those around you and stay away from trouble then you can enjoy all the freedoms your little hearts desire as well as the Internet which my hard earned dollar provides.

My kids get to go do pretty much whatever they like as long as they have the respect enough to ask first or let me know where they are going.   In fact, I would say that my kids enjoy a lot more freedom than the average kid their age BUT if they neglect any of the above mentioned requirements they lose privileges accordingly. 

Too much rebellion and disrespect will NET you nothing other than an A$$ whippin or some other form of discipline you won't like.  Life is complicated enough on it's own without those ugly traits. 

Other than that the only thing I can think of is if you're doing what you're supposed to be doing then follow jitspoe's advice and respectfully talk it out with your parents to find out what's up...

Good Luck either way....

-Dr. Phil

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2007, 11:46:17 AM »
Well, I was going to say something, but Jitspoe and PiCaSSo covered everything quite nicely.

-Dr. Phil
That made me laugh.

Killswitch

• PGP
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2007, 05:44:37 PM »
go to your games folder - right click - properties - check the hidden box.(to find it go to tools -folder options - view - and check show hidden items) then put the installer in there also. Thats a method to prevent then from deleting anything.

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2007, 06:21:00 PM »
go to your games folder - right click - properties - check the hidden box.(to find it go to tools -folder options - view - and check show hidden items) then put the installer in there also. Thats a method to prevent then from deleting anything.

Rotflmao!! Young man have you lost your way??

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2007, 07:47:42 PM »
It's doesn't work, either. There's a much better way of hiding things. :D

Smokey

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2007, 10:11:49 PM »
Install a keylogger to get the administrator password, create a hidden account, and then pwn them.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2007, 11:59:28 PM »
My best advice entails getting massively intoxicated and driving their car into a ditch.
I would replace driving with loosing. Same results less punishment.

Always there are two sides of a story. Even often more than that, three sides there is.

Killswitch

• PGP
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2007, 08:31:00 AM »
Rotflmao!! Young man have you lost your way??

nah, just made my own