Author Topic: no servers in server list  (Read 1504 times)

no servers in server list

no servers in server list
« on: March 12, 2007, 02:28:21 PM »
when i go to join a game in the servers list, it doesnt show any servers at all

i tired clicking the update and refresh button multiple times, and my firewall is off. idk what would be the problem

anyone know?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: no servers in server list
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 04:49:54 PM »
Make sure you're using the latest version (build 16).  If you have an HTTP proxy, it won't work, either (hopefully that will be fixed in build 18).

i need help

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2007, 07:15:59 PM »
also...my computer is running off a router...does that have anything to do with it?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 12:34:33 PM »
Well, here are your options, I think:
- Open http://dplogin.com/serverlist.php in a web browser and manually connect to one of the ips and hope people are playing on that server. (just type "connect <ip:port>" at the console).
- Download something like All-Seeing Eye, GameSpy, Xfire, or some other server browser software and find servers that way.
- Wait for build 18 which should resolve the issue.

i need help

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2007, 12:44:11 PM »
i was told that my router could have a built in firewall...and my not be letting the ip addresses and stuff go through...is there anyway i can take that off so it can go through?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2007, 04:45:44 PM »
Usually it's the software firewalls that cause the most problems.  I doubt the router firewall would be blocking your connections.  Make sure paintball2.exe is on your "allowed" list in whatever software firewall program you're using.