Author Topic: A plee to server owners.  (Read 7815 times)

SkateR

• Autococker
A plee to server owners.
« on: March 14, 2007, 06:54:46 PM »
Well, I for one am sick and tired of being temp banned by the the one we call Snipen. I'm sure a majority of the community has been either kicked/banned/temp banned/view gibbed and force joined by this worthless sack of excrement. I am asking all server providers if they would be willing to put up some extra servers with NORMAL settings.

Basically, this is to jitspoe. Why do you keep your crappy server up with horrible maps and terrible settings. Please make some pub servers with normal settings and good pub maps, they are sure to be played. I know I for one would play there more than GT. The reason I am making this is because snipen changed the map from carpathian to fort20, with more than ten people in the server. Several people asked him to change map to which he said "no you whine to much jekekeekek" He also kicked me several times before the map change.

Please, Jitspoe, or anyone who can provide servers do this. Thx.

When will it get through to you that name calling isn't tolerated here?  You're up to a 16 day ban.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 07:17:13 PM by jitspoe »

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Re: A plee to server owners.
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 06:59:12 PM »
The last two times a decent map has come on GT someone has changed it. pbcup_renoir came on the other day and crazylady immediately changed it to propaint1. Today the Carpathian incident occurred.

However, snipen did change it to crimethink last night when i asked him too.

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 07:01:06 PM »
I just realized that Jitspoe has a classic settings server. I guarantee if you were to re-name it or make it stand out more or something it would be used more. We need to get rid of GT, seriously.

JiGSaW

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 07:06:09 PM »
Agreed, but this post will probably get deleted like my other one.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2007, 07:11:25 PM »
Nah, this'll just get locked when the discussion gets too heated.

Also, what's wrong with the EV1 settings? I like them more than the settings most servers use.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2007, 07:25:43 PM »
There's nothing wrong with GT servers as long as you're not a complete excretory opening to them. I have been tbanned for using aliases and not saying who i was, but there is NOTHING you can do to change it. Just lay low, trash their scores, and make it enjoyable for yourself.

*also, the map list needs better maps, or some more pub maps like when i first started, i still love em'

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2007, 08:00:35 PM »
Snipen always view gibs and forceteams me... im getting sick of it myself

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2007, 08:11:46 PM »
just played a full pub with sharon and snipen, no admining was done, so i don't see why you all complain they do it all the time

DaRkNeSS

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2007, 09:14:55 PM »
I fully agree.  I have seen countless times when Snipen, Sharon, or Picasso have viewgibbed, kicked, tbanned, forcejoined people, or changed the map in the middle of a game. 

I think the most recent time I have seen it was on castle1 on GT Classic 1.  I had killed Snipen about 6 rounds in a row and as I was grabbing the BD flag I was viewgibbed, followed by Snipen spamming OWNED! in mm1. 

nightryder

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2007, 09:16:55 PM »
whats viewgibbed?

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2007, 09:34:59 PM »
Where they look at you, hit a button, and admin kill you.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2007, 10:50:55 PM »
Nah, this'll just get locked when the discussion gets too heated.

Also, what's wrong with the EV1 settings? I like them more than the settings most servers use.

Oh, didn't catch "Worthless bag of excrement" the first time around. Yeah, that'd do it.

Smokey

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2007, 11:12:40 PM »
There's nothing wrong with GT servers as long as you're not a complete excretory opening to them. I have been tbanned for using aliases and not saying who i was, but there is NOTHING you can do to change it. Just lay low, trash their scores, and make it enjoyable for yourself.

*also, the map list needs better maps, or some more pub maps like when i first started, i still love em'

just played a full pub with sharon and snipen, no admining was done, so i don't see why you all complain they do it all the time

GG contradiction.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2007, 05:02:13 AM »
You always have a choice.

And if you don't like the servers that are up, go buy and run your own server.

If you don't want to do that, don't play the game.

Period.
* KnacK goes and orders yet another case of cheese....

Reed

• VM-68
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2007, 07:13:06 AM »
You can't please everyone all of the time, especially with things like map changes etc.

To single out GT is unfair, this happens on other servers as well, I've been kicked from OTB numerous times for no reason but you just get on with it. The force joining isn't always a bad thing either, and often its just a case of Picasso and Snipen wanting to play on the same team without unbalancing them, personally i don't see a problem with that. I know if i paid a few hundred dollars a year I'd want to play with my mates.

Why don't you pay for your own server? Or dig into your pocket and donate something to other servers?

JOE

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2007, 11:03:36 AM »
skater im sure if you suck up to bain enough he'll give you rcon to his servers or at least a login or something

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2007, 11:09:46 AM »
I play on GT Servers daily. And there are countless times where I have played with Snipen and Sharon and the game has went along just fine. Without map changes or viewgibbing or any other admin commands. So I guess those of you who get the admin privileges used against you are doing something that violates the rules of the servers.

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2007, 11:52:53 AM »
So I guess those of you who get the admin privileges used against you are doing something that violates the rules of the servers.

Or really tick off the admin.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2007, 04:08:01 PM »
Usually theres no problem. But occasionally people do get kicked for no reason whatsoever. e.g. not having said a word in the server.

Gremlin

• PGP
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2007, 07:52:51 PM »
I have played in GT servers for a while now, well over a year. In all the time I have played there I have never had any problems with any of the admins. Honestly, I can't say I have even seen any of the admins there doing anything that would be called abuse. As far as map changes, at the beginning of the map or even in the middle, it's mostly because there have been complaints about the map or requests to change the map. I for one, enjoy GT's servers. They are always up, I get a very good connection, and most of the time the maps are decent maps or if you ask Snipen, Sharon or Picasso, they will change it to a map that people enjoy. Personally, I appreciate the GT server owners for dishing out their own money to give us ALL a place to play this game. Just my 2 cents, don't spend it all in one place.