Author Topic: A plee to server owners.  (Read 7820 times)

Sharp

• VM-68
Re: A plee to server owners.
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2007, 12:58:55 PM »
Answer to your problem, Get a job. Buy a server.

Fyre

• VM-68
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2007, 03:58:07 PM »
There's like 45 DP servers. Do we honestly need all of them? I think not. I get sick of looking through the serverlist looking for a server with a decent amount of people in it. All those OTB servers need to be taken down. They're destroying DP with there 5 second elim times. It's coming to the point where people think 5 seconds is the default elim time. One newbie came into a server the other day and said "what's with the 60 second elim?" Disgraceful.

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2007, 04:16:04 PM »
One or maybe two servers with a 5 second elim time would be ok but I see servers today that ruin good maps with short spawn times.
Myself I prefer a 30 second elim time. With 30 seconds you have a good chance to respawn and at the same time you're not respawning and killing the person who just killed you.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2007, 06:50:49 AM »
There's like 45 DP servers. Do we honestly need all of them? I think not. I get sick of looking through the serverlist looking for a server with a decent amount of people in it. All those OTB servers need to be taken down. They're destroying DP with there 5 second elim times. It's coming to the point where people think 5 seconds is the default elim time. One newbie came into a server the other day and said "what's with the 60 second elim?" Disgraceful.

Fyre,

There was a time when we only had 2 or 3 servers. Be VERY careful what you wish for...

JiGSaW

• Autococker
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2007, 08:37:14 AM »
I kinda agree with Fyrestorm.  It's pretty stupid how theres like 6 servers dedicated to ub_cliff that have 1-5 second elim time.  There's no need for 5-6 servers doing the exact same thing.

Sharp

• VM-68
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2007, 09:06:27 AM »
Its OTB that keep European players glued tp this game, i cant stand playing 140ping. But yes Ub_Cliff needs to be rid off.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2007, 01:05:04 PM »
I kinda agree with Fyrestorm.  It's pretty stupid how theres like 6 servers dedicated to ub_cliff that have 1-5 second elim time.  There's no need for 5-6 servers doing the exact same thing.

Really simple solution:

Go get your own server.

Problem solved.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2007, 01:06:30 PM »
All those OTB servers need to be taken down. They're destroying DP with there 5 second elim times.
It's only 1 server. Our pubs are with 30 second elim time and our matchservers are with 60.
New players love ub_cliff, but with the new rotation i see there are some other great maps for such a 5-sec-server.

Fyre

• VM-68
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2007, 08:36:10 PM »
Yeah Knack, I remember when there were only a few servers, but there are seriously WAY too many.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2007, 08:55:01 PM »
too many home ran servers

maxpower

• VM-68
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2007, 09:02:37 PM »
too many home ran servers
ewww, well i would name a site that would host servers (not for free) for paintball if someone asked for one.

There's like 45 DP servers. Do we honestly need all of them? I think not. I get sick of looking through the server list looking for a server with a decent amount of people in it. All those OTB servers need to be taken down. They're destroying DP with there 5 second elim times. It's coming to the point where people think 5 seconds is the default elim time. One newbie came into a server the other day and said "what's with the 60 second elim?" Disgraceful.
Its their servers, they can do whatever they want with them as long as they dont break any rules set by jits. Remember its a privilege to play on their servers.

WarWulf

• Autococker
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2007, 04:47:05 PM »
heh i won a $1 bet that ub_cliff would be the biggest newb map ever.

knack allready beat me to what i wanted to say:

Really simple solution:

Go get your own server.

Problem solved.

\:D/

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2007, 08:55:12 PM »
 8)

WarWulf

• Autococker
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2007, 11:11:42 PM »
yeah im thinking of getting a server from jitspoe.. but $25 seems like alot for a server that im not even allowed to upload my own maps and setup login.... it should be more like $15 and a pound a rice =]

BTW: with that $1 i got a refill on my 64oz cup at a 711........ and a hindu guy was working. mmmmmm  Dr. Pepper

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2007, 01:17:53 AM »
The reason for the high charge is:

a) It costs me personally about $100/mo to lease the server.  If that were split 4 ways, it would be $25 a person.  Unfortunately, the only people who have taken up the offer so far have been loial and superman (for a while), so I'm still paying most of it.
b) I don't want too many servers running on the machine or they will degrade the performance.  If I charged less, I'd need to have more people involved to make up the difference.
c) It's a pain in the butt dealing with people when money is involved.  I'd almost rather pay for the whole server myself than deal with getting people to send me payments.  Charging a higher amount keeps the less serious (and more troublesome) people away.

You aren't required to get a server from me, of course.  If you find a better deal elsewhere, go for it -- it's probably better to have servers running at different locations anyway.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2007, 02:53:27 AM »
It's a pain in the butt dealing with people when money is involved.  I'd almost rather pay for the whole server myself than deal with getting people to send me payments.

Whaaa  -Whaaa  -Whaat!   :o :o :o
Making fun of payments is terrible! Anti-Paymenite! 

If you want payment in full then ask!  Now as for serious inquires only......MAKE AN OFFICIAL SERVER LIST! 

How many times must a man say this before he calls himself correct?   ;)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2007, 12:03:33 PM »
I didn't mean to imply that you were bad about making payments.  I just meant in general.  With the shirts, for example, figuring out ways for people to send me the money was always a hassle.

WarWulf

• Autococker
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2007, 12:09:41 PM »

hah knack i allmost forgot of something else i could say :D

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2007, 12:32:09 PM »
bahahahahaha!

PiCaSSo