Author Topic: New Map - Tunnels  (Read 13146 times)

magalhaes

• Autococker
Re: New map - Tunnels
« Reply #80 on: November 10, 2007, 09:15:57 PM »
If you want my opinion here it is:
Drop it, start a new map, hopefully better, because this one pretty much sucks :)

Silly

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #81 on: November 10, 2007, 09:50:50 PM »
screw u magal. Your just pissed cause i left your dumb clan.

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #82 on: November 11, 2007, 06:23:31 AM »
Actually thats the only reason I like you ;)

Silly, look at some good maps and compare..or dont if you dont want to face the reality.
There are indeed much worse maps released every week, but what I'm saying is that if you want to make a good map, start over a new one..because this one is horrible.

Silly

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #83 on: November 11, 2007, 01:48:18 PM »
Thats not what others say...

Get out of my thread

DrRickDaglessMD

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #84 on: November 11, 2007, 01:54:05 PM »
ok, Silly - magalhaes might have put it a little harshly, but what he says does have a ring of truth. Thats not a comment on this map in particular, but I know from personal experience that its difficult to recognise when a map is spiralling, and is a bit of a waste of time. don't take it as an insult, just learn where you went wrong and do it even better next time. It can be hard to let go of a map you've put a load of work into, but if it has too many problems that can't be fixed because it'd be a huge amount of work then it'd be better just to start an even better map. Magalhaes makes a good point too, look at other sucessful maps to see what they do right and learn from them.

earlier in the thread you've said stuff that makes me think you do get what can make a map great, so take all that stuff and make us a really good map. :)

Dag

flamer

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #85 on: December 01, 2007, 09:13:08 AM »
Yeah I agree.

For example, Brasinstorm by Jitspoe, it is a great map but it's too big. Don't try to match 2vs2 on that map..

Great map tho :D

Well...Silly you did a good job :D 

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #86 on: January 11, 2009, 09:19:24 PM »
Somebody keeps switching to this map on the beta server, so I figured I'd post some feedback on it again.  I'm not sure if Silly is still working on it.  My main complaint right now is that it hurts my eyes to play.  The area just outside the main tunnel is like all super bright yellow.  It's lit with big lights, but it's day time, so that's kind of pointless.  I'd take those out (or at least dim them) and use sun lighting.  There are no shadows cast from the sun.  The lighting in the upper areas of the tunnel is OK, but there are several misaligned light brushes there.  Also, the map is mostly mirrored, but with slight differences that probably make it unbalanced (one side has a ramp on the upper platform, but the other does not, etc.).

The bottom path is more of an annoyance than anything, especially since that bridge thing has holes in it that drop all the way down.  While we were playing, I witnessed a new player on our team wander around the bottom area trying to figure out how to get out as the other team captured the flag.  He climbed almost all the way up the wooden pole, then fell back down and wandered around some more.  Maybe it could work with a big jump pad, but ladders are far too slow and lead to the same room as the main tunnel, so there's not much of a benefit to it.