Author Topic: Digital Paintball Source Alpha  (Read 2375 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Digital Paintball Source Alpha
« on: March 30, 2007, 05:03:38 PM »
http://digitalpaintball.net/

I'm curious what some of you think about this, especially those of you who have been asking for more realistic gameplay elements (like leaning).  This mod aims to be more true to life.

magalhaes

• Autococker
Re: Digital Paintball Source Alpha
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 05:32:07 PM »
it is more true to life but it isnt much fun...
i kinda like ther community though...

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 05:33:49 PM »
+ arena-based field system
- no crosshair

JOE

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 06:02:33 PM »
i mean its fun because its the closes thing to real paintball in a video game, but it lacks the speed of DP....but its a nice change, although i think its kinda dead

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 06:28:16 PM »
Yeah, the arena based field system is kind of cool.  At least you get a choice of 3 or 4 arenas per map.  I remember having an idea sort of like that a while back.  lol, I wanted to even have like an arcade you could go to between rounds to kill time if you got eliminated.

Only problem with the multiple arena system is that everybody wants to play on the tiny airball fields instead of some of the nice, elaborate woodsball fields.  There's one map with a pretty sweet woods field but we could never get more than 2 or 3 people on it.  Didn't help that it was really buggy and sometimes people would spawn in the field that weren't actively on the player list and couldn't shoot or be shot. :\

The leaning system is very similar to what Calrathan and I had discussed when we were considering making a commercial game -- analog control for leaning and crouching.  After a few rounds, I gave up on using it, though.  It's a lot easier to just run around and shoot people.

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2007, 01:05:44 AM »
The gold version never did seem to work out the bug of someone being invincible.

The rate of fire system change in the gold build never went over either, and just led to scripting. It seems it overall was a step back from the last version, so the community was spread out.

I haven't tried to new source version. Hopefully they got some things worked out.

Overall I find this DP more fun. I don't care if it is really like paintball or not, I just enjoy the game.

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2007, 03:06:05 AM »
I can't go there, when i do it is a website about an airsoft mod for some reason. I've been to the normal website before. WTF is going on?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2007, 12:35:48 PM »
I can't go there, when i do it is a website about an airsoft mod for some reason. I've been to the normal website before. WTF is going on?
lol, I missed that.  Must have been a good april fools joke.

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2007, 04:38:19 AM »
It wasn't actually funny, just was a website for a completely normal looking airsoft mod,

DuDe

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2007, 08:27:42 PM »
How do i start download and which one is it

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2007, 09:47:02 PM »
Any of the download links should work.  Try this one: http://www.bringyourownpaint.com/byopfiles/dpb_source_alpha.exe

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2007, 04:25:53 AM »
And bear in mind you do have to have HL2DM for it to work.