Poll

Are you planning on, Or have you been in any of the Armed Forces?

Yes
No
Im scared of RL without Respawn

Author Topic: Would you serve your country?  (Read 11848 times)

Y2J

• VM-68
Re: Would you serve your country?
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2007, 11:22:52 PM »
There's a lot of truth to that, though.  It seems when it comes to politics and religion, everybody thinks they're right, and those who disagree are wrong, no matter how much evidence or logic is used to prove otherwise.  I don't think I've ever seen a debate change somebody's way of thinking on those subjects, so I tend to not even bother anymore.

One of the first times I've agreed with jitspoe in awhile.

I feel weird.

I was thinking the same thing but I didn't post it. Way to take some initiative.

Now onto more Piccasso bashing.

Anarchy

• Stingray
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2007, 10:24:07 AM »
never.

GreenAffairz

• Autococker
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2007, 12:44:15 PM »
I like Canada, so I think I would.

DaRkNeSS

• Autococker
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2007, 09:34:58 PM »
I'm not going to go into the forces after school, but if there is ever a draft I would definitely go.

I wonder what would have happened if all the patriots chose to be like all you brave DP players and not fight for your own country.

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2007, 10:09:14 PM »
I wonder what would have happened if all the patriots chose to be like all you brave DP players and not fight for your own country.

The question doesn't say "would you fight", it says "are you planning on it or have you already?

bitmate

• Autococker
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2007, 10:04:23 AM »
In Germany you can choose if you want to serve in the Army, or do some public work, such as helping disabled persons.
I picked doing public work at my local German Red Cross department. Basically it's sitting in front of a computer 24/7 doing paperwork and stuff like that :P

Matze

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2007, 12:13:50 PM »
You should add, that in germany we have a conscription for about 9 months (basic military education).

Alternatively you can choose to do civilian service for the same amount of time.

pinobot

• VM-68
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2007, 12:49:27 PM »
The'd be no more war.

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2007, 12:22:08 AM »
In Germany you can choose if you want to serve in the Army, or do some public work, such as helping disabled persons.
I picked doing public work at my local German Red Cross department. Basically it's sitting in front of a computer 24/7 doing paperwork and stuff like that :P

Same thing in Croatia here. But with one diference. Last war on these teritories (how do they call that now... West Balcan) ended 12 years ago. At that time I was 10-11, and I´ll never forget the bombing runs above my city. And I live on a teritory where the fightings were not so bad as like in Vukovar, Osijek, Sisak, Dubrovnik... excrement, all I wanna tell you that there are no heroes in war, just casulties (mostly civilian), and gun ho army on both sides looking for a ˝glory˝ of their country. Don´t be stupid, most of the young people in the army today are brainwashed kids (18-19), with no future ahead of them, just weed smoking and kill-spreeing trough some other country because politicians needs to make profit for large companyies. Be smarter than that.

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2007, 07:21:07 AM »
In a Land not so very far away, but in a much distant time...

"UHG UNGOWA"
"ME EEGOR"
"I AM STRONG AND BRAVE"
"ME LEAD YOU AND SAY WHAT ARE THE RULES"

"UHG BOOGAHOOGAH"
"ME KRAG"
"ME STRONG AND BRAVE TOO"
"ME MAKE NEW RULE"
"ALL THAT LIKE MY RULES COME WITH ME"

Eegor: "WE HAVE PROBLEM, KRAG TAKING WOOLLY MAMMOTH FROM GREAT PLANES, DRINKING WATER FOM OUR SPRINGS, LESS FOR US, WE MUST DO SOMETHING."

Eegor sends a representative to go out and speak with Krag on behalf of the Eegor Clan. This representative is promptly slaughtered and eaten before any talks ever happen. Eegor is mad. Eegor gathers his men, arms them with rocks sticks and bones, and attacks the Krag Clan. Blood is spilled and many die. In the end Eegor drives Krag and his people out of the land and all is well. Krag leaves, but is not happy. Krag vows to one day return for revenge, and to gain control over the prime mammoth hunting grounds and fresh water springs.

Consequently, as the Eegor Clan grows it must expand its hunting territory and will soon, once again, encounter the Krag Clan. War shall come again.

These experiences are lessons that will be passed down from generation to generation. The Eegor and Krag feud will continue on for a long time. Other clans may split off from either clan and also have conflict, or take allies with any clan. It will never end.

What you have just read is crazy and stupid sounding. But it is also probable that what you've read was similar to what may have happened in real life a long long time ago as the first wars of man were waged.

You have what I want or I have what you want. It's the basis to all wars. How can anyone believe there can be human life without conflict?

The human race grow exponentially. We must reside on land, and we must consume resources. Both of which are not infinite.

War will worsen with time. There will come a time when there is not enough of what we want and need to go around. In some instances that time may already be upon us, or fast approaching.

We are humans, we are destructive and selfish.
Be a realist, or hide your head in the sand and live in fantasy land.

Fact: All these neutral nations that don't war, or are passive and keep to themselves, when the power nations run out of what they want and need, and your nation has some, the power nations will come and take it. Sorry, I speak the truth.

Cruel world, eh?

BLONDIE

• Stingray
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2007, 10:20:17 AM »
ROFL s8n is amazing haha

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2007, 12:07:27 AM »
War was alyways here with the future intention of staying. The real question is ˝Would you serve your country?˝ If you are still looking for an answer read a book about politics in 20th century (the best one known to me is ˝A century of war˝ by Engdahll. There you´ll see what are the things that drive each and every country to wage campaigns onto each other. Although the marker is on Anglo-American global ˝planing˝ the objective is always the same. Read some and only than you can decide does is it worth to spill yours, friends or enemy blood in order to feed some greedy bancars, politicians etc... pockets with blood money. Btw. they have never seen real conflict, only if you count their game of Risk and never will. Neither them, neither their sons.

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2007, 08:52:46 AM »
I hear you EC.

So then, maybe we also need to ask, "What should be the consequence of refusing to serve your country?"

I've said before that I believe service to your country should be mandatory in the US. To what extent I don't know, but at least to some extent. I think every man and woman should give service for the right to live in the US. If they don't want to then they should leave the country.

And why is this such a big deal? Obviously the people making the choices that some people disagree with were voted into office by majority. If you disagree that means you disagree with the direction and choices of the country. This may also mean the US isn't the country for you. So hop on a plane, boat, car, or walk on out of the country and go find one you do agree with. Is that so difficult? Of course not.

If you are not willing to serve your country, for whatever reasons you may have, you should leave that country and go find a country you would serve.

Everything has a price. The luxuries, or lack of, that every country has, or has not, was paid for by generations of service to that country by it's people, be it in investments of brains, or brawn, and be it by volunteer choice or forced. Somebody paid for what your country is today. Somebody is going to pay for what your country is tomorrow.

I'm not trying to talk anyone into thinking any way is right or wrong. There's a lot wrong and right in any and every country on this earth. You rolled the divine dice that placed you in the country in which you currently reside. Deal with it, serve your country, or go find another one. Plain and simple.

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2007, 10:44:32 AM »
I hear you EC.

So then, maybe we also need to ask, "What should be the consequence of refusing to serve your country?"

I've said before that I believe service to your country should be mandatory in the US. To what extent I don't know, but at least to some extent. I think every man and woman should give service for the right to live in the US. If they don't want to then they should leave the country.

And why is this such a big deal? Obviously the people making the choices that some people disagree with were voted into office by majority. If you disagree that means you disagree with the direction and choices of the country. This may also mean the US isn't the country for you. So hop on a plane, boat, car, or walk on out of the country and go find one you do agree with. Is that so difficult? Of course not.

If you are not willing to serve your country, for whatever reasons you may have, you should leave that country and go find a country you would serve.

Everything has a price. The luxuries, or lack of, that every country has, or has not, was paid for by generations of service to that country by it's people, be it in investments of brains, or brawn, and be it by volunteer choice or forced. Somebody paid for what your country is today. Somebody is going to pay for what your country is tomorrow.

I'm not trying to talk anyone into thinking any way is right or wrong. There's a lot wrong and right in any and every country on this earth. You rolled the divine dice that placed you in the country in which you currently reside. Deal with it, serve your country, or go find another one. Plain and simple.

You see here in Croatia service is mandatory. I´m serving right now, but in civilian sector, cause I don´t wanna be brainwashed by some stupid excretory opening whose only point in life is to be a better killer. I rather do it in PB :)

Point is: as of 1.1.2008. service is no longer mandatory in Croatia. Why? Even though the last war here ended only a decade ago, there´s no point for tax paying people to contribute in servicing a military machinery. NATO will take car of that (unfortunately).

And for the conclusion: One of the first right of human beeings is a freedom to choose. So why must I service right now military when I should be looking for a job? Mandatory no. If somebody want´s to serve, go ahead. I´ll kill pixels instead.

digi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2007, 10:40:33 AM »
fk no.

not gonna risk my life for some stupid sh*t that i don't even believe in. LETz Go BomB AFGaNiStAN YaZZZz!!!!!

Morons.

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2007, 11:43:01 AM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:14:37 AM by Dirty_Taco »

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2007, 03:29:08 PM »
I would join the Air Force I've always wanted to be a pilot. Plus I would be willing to defend my countries freedom. (I might of already dundundundun!)

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2007, 04:31:46 PM »
the possibility has not been ruled out: what if you are not willing to serve any country?

Sealand!

Lunatic

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2007, 04:32:29 PM »
nope.

soldier

• VM-68
« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2007, 02:21:05 PM »
Sort of thinking about it, but not to seriously, not really old enough to consider that seriously (woops!) lol.

But I have done writing for various purposes, and it has often been based on the military, etc. and I know all of the ranks and units (or almost all) by heart. Go ahead, someone test me (but it has to be military)