Author Topic: ltns hi jitspoe...anything new going on with paintball.?  (Read 2494 times)

stigma

• Stingray
ltns hi jitspoe...anything new going on with paintball.?
« on: April 01, 2007, 09:04:19 PM »
may not remember me  been busy i did map long time ago. asked you once if you needed new maps and textures.  wanted to see if you guys updated the textures in this game/update format anything new 
i would still like help bring lot maps over to this game also with better detail textures.
as ya know i still map for the game kingpin.

i could being lot new maps to this game more better detailed maps  but i need you help on items enteries and so on . let me know if you guy are inteasrted in helping

o btw  http://www.kingpinforever.com/cujodesign/

here website of some the new maps i have done over the years for this other game am sure for work lot these maps could be convert to this game.

sorry so does this game still uses them wad files  or have they changed to better detail ones?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 10:31:15 PM by stigma »

Kaos

• VM-68
Re: ltns hi jitspoe...anything new going on with paintball.?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2007, 10:21:23 PM »
1st dont double post but modfy ur fist post 2nd those r some good maps there r some new textures but y not have some more and i would like to see some new maps

Kaos

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2007, 10:52:50 PM »
sorry so does this game still uses them wad files  or have they changed to better detail ones?

i dont think they ever used the wad files but yet again i dont map so im not sure i think the moved to better ones but again im not sure

nightryder

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2007, 10:54:27 PM »
1st dont double post but modfy ur fist post

Kaos

• VM-68
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2007, 10:59:18 PM »
1st dont double post but modfy ur fist post

god dam me and my fisting jezze night maybe u should try helping this mapper instead of gettin ontop of me for fisting in public

nightryder

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2007, 11:09:15 PM »
stigma: the only item commands i know are "To spawn with items, use "GiveGun" "Stingray", "GiveHopper" "100", etc.  To start with loaded CO2, use, "LoadedCo2" "12oz"."   ...thats taken from a guide by jitspoe.
p.s your maps look pretty cool, i hope you do make some for dp.

Kaos: What?

Kaos

• VM-68
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2007, 11:14:54 PM »
stigma: the only item commands i know are "To spawn with items, use "GiveGun" "Stingray", "GiveHopper" "100", etc.  To start with loaded CO2, use, "LoadedCo2" "12oz"."   ...thats taken from a guide by jitspoe.
p.s your maps look pretty cool, i hope you do make some for dp.

Kaos: What?

now ur confusing me cuz i thought u got on top of me cuz i said modfy ur fist post and not first

stigma

• Stingray
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2007, 12:51:13 AM »
guess give it shot do some maps for this game. here screenshot of map i just started working on has few area's need fixung but seem run nicely on paintball. and i hate wads file there ugly as hell so ill use jpg textures if that ok/?  and ill rework the lights also for this game

Playah

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2007, 02:26:45 AM »
You'd better be waiting for jitspoe to answer you. He can tell you all changes/tweaks the most detailed. He should be around soon.

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2007, 08:41:25 AM »
That chain looks horrendous. What to do:

1. take that chain texture and make the black transparent using your favorite image editor (except MS Paint)
2. save the file as a targa file.
3. delete that chain brush.
4. make 2 brushes so they make a 'figure 8' (attached pic 1)
5. size the brushes appropriately
6. apply the texture and size it appropriately
7. select both brushes and bring up the surface window
8. in the surface window set the "mist", "trans33", and "nodraw" flags and hit "apply brush" (pic 2)
9. then select one face on one of the brushes that touches the other brush
10. bring up the surface menu again and uncheck "nodraw" and click "apply face"
11. so the same for the opposite brush with the face that is parallel to the one on the other brush (pic 3)
12. repeat step 10

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2007, 01:49:09 PM »
Paintball2 never used wad files.  Perhaps you meant wal files?  In any case, it supports 32 bit textures now (jpegs work well for most textures, and tga if you need transparency -- just make sure you save the jpegs at max quality so artifacts aren't visible).

Another thing you'll probably want to do if you're making your own textures is make use of the high resolution directories (hr4).  See this guide: http://digitalpaint.planetquake.gamespy.com/testwiki1/pb2wiki.php?word=Creating+Custom+Textures

Also, make sure your textures are legal to use.  I'm trying to make all of the main content GPL for simplicity.

stigma

• Stingray
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2007, 06:29:36 PM »
Zorchenhimer just did that map as test   there few diffences in game am useing an paintball. not converted all textureas and alpha to paintball yet.
most the textures i use are open-source or i make them
think the one for kingpin is opensource basicily that a dead game.
i have 1000's of high detail textures and texutres and tons of maps

there just so much lacking in paintball it hard to tell  and i see lot problems with maps in paintball  lagg wise that is.  i think i got few programs that would really help mapper map for paintball. i did notice the water in paintball hell cool better the one in kingpin
also kingpin maps well run on paintball [;-) but the netcodes are not great in paintball size wise that is so am picking out smaller maps for this game   did notice some the maps for this game is way to big for the game lagg and few ctf map way out map range causes lots of lagg even on my t1line and dual amd

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2007, 07:06:48 PM »
well i would love to get ahold of any textures you've made, so zip em up or pm them to me please

stigma

• Stingray
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2007, 03:35:27 AM »
ill have something for you mappers in few days
putting togather few packs for your guys that map.

if you guy's are wounder how i got them skies in paintball
here all have to do download this file unzip in pball/env
open console typin sky skyname that change the sky in this game
there tons of them so write them down

my fav one is sky hav looks nice in paintballs

http://downloads.kingpinforever.com/textures/Sky_Environments/Full_Custom_Skypack.zip

kNoC

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2007, 10:13:13 AM »
Kingpin: Life of Crime

This is an amazing game, kickass soundtrack too