Author Topic: Map bomba screenshots  (Read 10014 times)

stigma

• Stingray
Re: Map bomba screenshots
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2007, 05:51:49 PM »
One thing that really hinders this game is having Basic good textures it would totally change the look and game play of this game. I looked though lot these maps and the r_speed on some these map are truly too high some the maps I looked at am not sure you guys are getting full compiles with the program you compile the maps with one map had over 97000 eploy wploy

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Map bomba screenshots
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2007, 10:10:00 PM »
One thing that really hinders this game is having Basic good textures it would totally change the look and game play of this game. I looked though lot these maps and the r_speed on some these map are truly too high some the maps I looked at am not sure you guys are getting full compiles with the program you compile the maps with one map had over 97000 eploy wploy
Have you tried any of the high res textures out?

Another thing you need to keep in mind is that it seems practically every person who plays this game tries to make a map for it.  Many of them are poorly constructed.  I've been trying to push some standards for beta testing which has helped some.  Which map were you referring to with those high r_speeds, by the way?

As for your map, I can't test it at the moment, bu from the screenshots, I'd kill the splatterhouse texture.  It looks really out of place and I probably won't bother making a high res version of it.  Also, as some people have pointed out, some of the wood textures need to be rotated (such as on the railing).

There is a glass texture, but not a window texture (including frames).  You'd either have to make that with brushes or include a custom texture (just make sure it's legal).