Author Topic: Need Suggestions for a Real Paintball Gun  (Read 10982 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Need Suggestions for a Real Paintball Gun
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2007, 11:30:08 PM »

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2007, 01:20:47 AM »
I would just try and get an ion from www.pbnation.com, then try and find a nice carbon fiber tank and halo hopper on there too.

Edit:

Just got my pm5, I'm loving it. It's a very nice gun jitspoe, you should really consider it.

Or you can get one of these ;]

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IINn1vfdTLE
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 04:55:36 AM by SkateR »

Nitroboy

• VM-68
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2007, 12:33:00 PM »
Get an ion!

Here is a video of mine, note that filiming and editing is crappy, i did it in like 3 minutes.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2021723426

Edit: I ran out of gas at the end. 8 120 round pods with a 3000psi tank!

Kaos

• VM-68
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2007, 01:19:40 PM »
is it me or did that ion look very inaccurate

Nitroboy

• VM-68
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2007, 01:21:15 PM »
o, um fps was like 150 for some reason, thats why it looked inaccurate. Also I had a barrel break right before I filmed, and I didn't bother to squeege it.

Edit: lol, squeege it.

Kaos

• VM-68
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2007, 01:26:48 PM »
OH cuz i was saying looked like there was a dramatic drop on the balls when they were fired

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2007, 01:45:55 PM »

Nitroboy

• VM-68
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2007, 01:53:04 PM »
Um...............wow.

You sure that mag wasn't doing half cycles?
Another thing, are you going to ever use 34bps? Most feilds only allow semi-auto, and only a handful of people have fingers that can shoot as fast as 18 or 19 bps. The last thing is, if you are some wired alien creature that can move your fingers 34bps, good luck finding a hopper to feed something that fast. That mag had a q-loader, but I dont know if the balls went through the tube that fast, they would have to break when going through that small tube.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2007, 05:16:00 PM »
I would just try and get an ion from www.pbnation.com
On the sale/trade forums?  Wouldn't I be better off getting it new?  Or do you mean I should look for one that already has upgrades?

Nitroboy: I was just pointing out that while skater was giving me grief for liking the looks of an older, non-electronic gun, that thing is still a beast.  Of course nobody needs 30+ bps, but the gun is certainly capable of that and can meet or beat many of the electros out there.

Nitroboy

• VM-68
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2007, 05:41:00 PM »
lol, I guess. What kind of paintball do you plan on playing anyway? speedball, woodsball, tourny ball?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2007, 12:40:02 PM »
Probably a little of everything, but I mostly need it for tournaments.

Nitroboy

• VM-68
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2007, 10:23:32 PM »
Then the ion would be your best bet. Automag would be cool and stuff, but the ion would be the cheapest gun for what you are going to be playing. Just get upgrades over time, thats what I did with my ion, because my parents made me work for all the things I wanted.

UKBALLER

• PGP
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2007, 01:35:21 PM »
if you are mainly needing it for tourneys do not under any circumstances get a mech gun, if you do you WILL be outgunned in every game you play, the only possible exception to this rule is a mag, but you need to be able to get 15bps out of it to keep up with everyone elses electros. Best guns out there for new players are the ion and the pmr (proto matrix rail), but you will eventually want to upgrade to to an ego, DM or other high end marker if you want to play more seriously. hope this helps

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2007, 01:38:39 PM »
the only possible exception to this rule is a mag

Good thing.

* jitspoe got trigger happy on ebay.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2007, 01:49:24 PM »
What did you end up buying?

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2007, 02:02:51 PM »
Was it just me that noticed, AS I'VE SAID A MILLION TIMES, you can EASILY see your own balls, and the "ROPE" you draw across the field when firing a paintball gun?

NitroBoys video illustrates my point exactly.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2007, 03:59:13 PM »
Was it just me that noticed, AS I'VE SAID A MILLION TIMES, you can EASILY see your own balls, and the "ROPE" you draw across the field when firing a paintball gun?

NitroBoys video illustrates my point exactly.
Since we've gone off on this tangent, I thought of why you might be having trouble seeing the paintballs in the game: your refresh rate is too low.  Chances are, you're running with the default 60hz refresh rate that XP uses for video games.  You can change this with r_displayrefresh.  Set it to the highest value your monitor supports and motion will probably be a lot more fluid.  It could also be the quality of your monitor.  Personally, I think the balls in the game are a lot easier to see than the ones in that video, so if they are more clear to you in the video, something must be wrong.  The only part where the balls were easier to see in the video is when he had the camera like right on the barrel and there was really bright lighting -- you could see a streak shooting out because of the motion blur.  At a distance, however (where you'd actually need it), the balls were still harder to see in the video than in the game.  I could barely see the balls at all at some of the angles he was shooting -- there'd just be a speck and it would disappear.

I recorded a small clip from paintball2 for comparison.  I'm uploading it to google video, but it's going to take a while.  I didn't bother encoding it with anything (just a direct fraps dump).

a7x

• PGP
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2007, 02:24:29 PM »
The ion would be your best bet jits...or even better the new Epiphany from sp, for only $100 more.  Grab your self a eggy and a nitro tank and your good to go! Also try looking in a local paintball store, alot of them have old timmys or impulses for sale around $250-$300

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2007, 02:33:30 PM »
Do NOT get an impulse. I had one, they're horrid. Don't waste money on an epiphany, they're ions only different looking. Just get an ion, or go on www.pbnation.com and look for some good sales. I personally like all the dye and proto guns, also timmies. I've heard the new dangerous power fusions are pretty good guns. I'd look into one of those. If you're going to be shooting a dm/pm or a fusion you'll need at least a halo b hopper.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2007, 01:09:16 AM »
What about a DM3 for $164.00?  Pretty high-end but doesn't look as ugly as most of the electronic markers since it's an older design.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290103945744 -- apparently the high bidder didn't pay and I had bid on it so I got a "Second Chance Offer"

The automag is already on the way, but I could probably sell one of them... maybe...