Author Topic: A plea to Graffiti Paint Match Server Owners  (Read 9562 times)

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
Re: A plea to Graffiti Paint Match Server Owners
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2007, 02:28:30 PM »
edit boxes

<3 rcon injection vulnerabilities

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2007, 02:30:20 PM »
or default to the settings everyone wants, and have options to change the others, eg to turn on guntemp, and turn off observer blackout :P

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2007, 05:27:22 PM »
If someone can write the script I'll try to add it into the page.  All help would be greatly appreciated.

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2007, 05:56:05 PM »
This may be a stupid idea but it might work.

When I get a GT Server now I am able to change map but if it were set so you can do cvar commands then that would solve a lot of the problems mentioned in this thread. However it would be a problem if the 2 clans (or people) disagreed

I don't know if you want to give people that much power or not though Casso.

Edit: With the webpage interface that is already setup it would be rather easy to do this.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 06:16:18 PM by KiLo »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2007, 06:08:41 PM »
A webpage interface would probably be the easiest from a user standpoint, but having a login level based list of settings that could be changed could be a useful feature.  To the feature vote thread!

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2007, 06:17:20 PM »
having a login level based list of settings that could be changed could be a useful feature.

I'm not exactly sure I follow how that would work.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2007, 06:28:52 PM »
Currently there is a list of commands and login levels needed to execute those commands.  Cvar_set is one of the highest level commands, usually, as it is the most powerful.  However, that command was broken down into settings that could be changed by different login levels, it could be a lot more useful.  Then people with low-level logins (such as those using the server for matches) could change some of the basic settings, but not be able to change other settings.

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2007, 09:42:20 PM »
So you mean writing some of the cvar commands into the commands.txt file actually.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2007, 09:46:39 PM »
That would be a great addition to the "borrowing" site, but from the looks of it the settings that are on the classics will be the settings everyone will pick when they borrow the servers

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2007, 10:04:16 PM »
So you mean writing some of the cvar commands into the commands.txt file actually.

Good lord kid!! If you're going to post to a thread, at least know wtf you're posting about!!  STOP replying just to up your post count... It's blatenly obvious that is what you are doing!

The commands.txt file only lists some of the available commands and gives them an adminstrative op level which administration can of course change to their own preferences

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2007, 10:06:08 PM »

Good lord kid!! If you're going to post to a thread, at least know wtf you're posting about!!  STOP replying just to up your post count... It's blatenly obvious that is what you are doing!

The commands.txt file only lists some of the available commands and gives them an adminstrative op level which administration can of course change to their own preferences

Sorry for ticking you off.

I was just trying to get the point of what Jitspoe was saying.

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2007, 10:07:37 PM »

Sorry for ticking you off.

I was just trying to get the point of what Jitspoe was saying.

I'm not "Ticked off" in the least but I clarified the facts for you regardless

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2007, 03:33:47 PM »
as for a script to set several settings before matchstart:
 I have implemented something in my server registration page, where you can enable/disable grenades. This is not written into a config-file which is then executed, but directly sent to the server as an rcon-command (by a UPD-packet).  So if you want to have several options being selectable, this way it would send several rcon-commands to the server. Maybe a better idea would be to collect the data and store it in a config-file, then execute that file on the server directly.