Poll

I'm starting a server soon what type would you most prefer.....

A jump server.
5 (13.5%)
A low respawn server with few maps.
1 (2.7%)
A low respawn server (15- elim) with many maps.
6 (16.2%)
A high respawn server (or for skater and anyone else who was going to bother me about this normal elim )(40 elim+)
16 (43.2%)
Medium elim time server (16-39 elim)
6 (16.2%)
Soccer server.
2 (5.4%)
Other.
1 (2.7%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Voting closed: May 11, 2007, 04:37:35 PM

Author Topic: Voting time peoples!  (Read 8586 times)

Apocalypse

• Autococker
Voting time peoples!
« on: April 10, 2007, 04:37:35 PM »
Hey well hope you enjoy my server when it comes up which may last a fair while (I'm having technical difficulties). I'm debating what to call my server you can post suggestions and if you voted other explain what you would like to see here.  ;D

kNoC

• 68 Carbine
Re: Voting time peoples!
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 04:45:09 PM »
A low respawn server (15- elim) with many maps.

that is a nice average speedy game, i hope your server is the spot to go, and hope to see it in the list, good luck.

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 05:35:39 PM »
I would prefer a server similar to OTB. A 30 second respawn and a decent rotation.

We already have too many servers with low respawns. Having a low respawn makes a great game for spawn campers.

A long respawn time just takes forever.

Soccer servers are just plain worthless.

If you want jumps then go play the Quake2 Jump Mod or on namebrand's jump server.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 07:26:17 PM »
High respawn server with quality (multi-path) maps.

nightryder

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2007, 07:32:52 PM »
i like how its called high respawn, it should just be regular respawn
and thats what i voted for, ahve a couple good nice maps mixed in with some smaller quicker maps and maybe a couple maps that are not played very much but are still decent

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2007, 07:58:29 PM »
I agree with both nightryder and jitspoe except that 60 seconds is a long time to wait. That is why a lot of times I will play on an OTB server because I like the 30 second respawn.

nightryder

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2007, 08:11:04 PM »
dont die, dont wait...its simple

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2007, 07:57:46 AM »
45 second respawn ftw ([QeHs Server]) :)

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2007, 08:56:44 AM »
SHort respawn times are useless unless you spawn with guns.

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2007, 10:33:45 AM »
SHort respawn times are useless unless you spawn with guns.

Even then short respawns are worthless. Take ub_cliff on the OTB Speed Server for instance, if you are able to get to the other teams base people just sit on one side and spray right where people spawn.

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2007, 11:04:41 AM »
First of all, it's not a "high respawn" server. It's a normal server with normal respawn, lmao.

High respawn with good maps.

bitmate

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2007, 11:15:35 AM »
blitz 24/7, 2 sec elimination time.

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2007, 03:21:22 PM »
First of all, it's not a "high respawn" server. It's a normal server with normal respawn, lmao.

High respawn with good maps.
Lots of people probably think this skater so for you and anyone else please don't criticsise my naming I put the elim time for a reason.

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2007, 03:25:20 PM »

Talk about a never ending game.

bitmate

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2007, 04:55:02 AM »

Talk about a never ending game.
I believe that 70% of this community will play on such a server for at least 4h a day.

Silly

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2007, 02:39:10 PM »
Lol bit :P

i  think, a low respawn (20 sec's), Good quality maps. Somthing that either is hard to spawn camp, or a large map with 2 paths.

Orr, medium respawn (45 sec) Medium sized map, two paths, and doesnt spawn with auto's -.-

Anarchy

• Stingray
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2007, 03:40:19 PM »
high respawn. please. i cant even pub because of all of these noob servers with 5 second respawn.

soldier

• VM-68
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2007, 07:47:25 PM »
Three comments apocolypse:

1. Low elim time has been WAY over used by [OTB] Speed server, so has ub_cliff, that map used to be everyone's favourite (and I don't want a bunch of people telling me it isn't and wasn't their favourite, I was exagerating).

2. Since Alongar's closed, there are hardly ever jump maps up any more! I havn't played one in forver !

3. (And this one is for everyoe who voted) How could you all vote for high elim time !!! There are way too many Grafiti servers like that, plus others too !!! As for the people who voted for jump server : GOOD FOR YOU !!!

P.S. : There's a reason no one voted for low elim time, few maps : [OTB] Speed way over used it !!!

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2007, 08:19:37 PM »

1. Low elim time has been WAY over used by [OTB] Speed server, so has ub_cliff, that map used to be everyone's favourite (and I don't want a bunch of people telling me it isn't and wasn't their favourite, I was exagerating).

2. Since Alongar's closed, there are hardly ever jump maps up any more! I havn't played one in forver !

3. (And this one is for everyoe who voted) How could you all vote for high elim time !!! There are way too many Grafiti servers like that, plus others too !!! As for the people who voted for jump server : GOOD FOR YOU !!!

P.S. : There's a reason no one voted for low elim time, few maps : [OTB] Speed way over used it !!!

Sounds like you're playing the wrong mod.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2007, 08:45:54 PM »

I like low elim servers for when I want to play for a few minutes and constantly play - no waiting - maximum use of my time in-game.

DP is not a Jump Mod - go play Jump Quake ( or whatever it's called)

How could we vote for 60 second elim time? Because that is how this mod was designed to be played.