Author Topic: New map stonedfort beta d/l  (Read 10610 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: New map Dm/Ctf map shots
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2007, 01:07:42 AM »
the one got from kilo that about 8mb  how many hr4 pack are there ??

jitspoe  not done many ctf maps you have simple ctf map with players and flag setup.?  and what hell is that ball in paintball i seen in some maps have now idea what that does

not been to usefull with that bsppack stuff  and that map editor i can't even start to use that thing it so outdated i don't even know were command are lol
Sample.map includes CTF and 1flag CTF modes.  I think it's included with the pack.  The ball in the center of some maps is for pong mode -- basically soccer with guns (you have to kick or shoot it into the other team's base).

BSP isn't all that outdated anymore.  It used to be, but Sort has picked up development of it recently.  It has been worked on this year (http://www.bspquakeeditor.com/) which is a lot more than can be said for most editors that support Quake2. :)  I suggest reading the sticky threads -- they explain how to do a lot of things with BSP, though I don't know if it's all that much more (or less) than the radiant editors.  It's a lot better than WorldCraft, Quark, Qoole, and some of the other Quake2 level editors, though.

As for those dark textures, the problem with what you have is that players (and other entities) will look super bright.  The ammo boxes you have there look like they're glowing in comparison.

stigma

• Stingray
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2007, 04:50:13 AM »
yah on them texture i got make the light value little high been playing with lights see what good value on these textures i think find the right light value some were around
260-280   225-250 little two dark 

i really don't like them overly bright textures there just sort dual and they kill my eyes
and the gram is way to light on lot them textures 

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2007, 03:17:03 PM »
Yo sweet map stigma what it called i'll look out for it maybe give it a try????

stigma

• Stingray
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2007, 09:26:26 PM »
stonedfort_beta 

http://www.kingpinforever.com/cujodesign/stonedfort_beta.zip

here the map i think i should have someone test this see what all needs fixed or worked on. this map have lot my own customs textures and some update one's
kept them in the folders there in  [don't mix them in hr4 folder]

i added in every thing i could think of for a pball map added in ctf part am sure some things that needs to be fixed but check out let me know  thanks

kNoC

• 68 Carbine
Re: New map stonedfort beta d/l
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2007, 02:08:09 AM »
lots of cover now.... not alot of space to run around, but lots of places to hide, camp, line, and be nub...

and i agree kingpin is alot darker, and the excrement looks good, but you just gotta get used to the dp textures and then you'll be able to get your maps looking hard as hell like most of these new 1's with hr4 in em

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2007, 03:37:45 AM »
A few things you need to do for the release:

- Make the first directory in the zip "pball" so people can unzip it straight to their paintball2 folder.  The way you have it currently, you have to drill down a couple directories before you get to the pball folder, which adds extra steps to the extraction process that shouldn't be necessary.
- Even if you aren't using the regular paintball2 textures for other stuff, at least use the pball/clip, pball/hint, etc. so you don't need to distribute those files with the map.  There's no sense in having extra textures that aren't even visible.
- Beta maps need to go in the pball/maps/beta directory to keep things consistent and so they don't clutter up the regular map directories.
- High quality jpeg textures instead of tga's will help cut down on the file sizes.  This is really useful for people downloading textures off of the server.
- Number your beta (stonedfort_beta1.bsp, or stonedfort_b1.bsp), so there's no confusion when you release another beta as to which one is the latest.
- You're including a whole bunch of textures that aren't even used as well as some of the standard textures (or high res versions of them) in your pball/textures/fort directory.  If you're going to use any standard textures, use don't make copies of them and put them in other locations.  Just use textures/pball.  Also, don't include unused textures.  They just waste space.
- You aren't using the hr4 highres directories for high-res textures.

Issues with the map:
- Team colors are not set up correctly.  The map colors have red and purple, but the team colors for the game are red and blue.  (you need to set team1 to "red" and "team2" to "blue" in the worldspawn).
- Spawn points aren't set up correctly.  I was on the red team but sometimes spawned in the purple base.
- Not a huge issue, but the lighting looked kind of bland.  Not much in the way of shadowing going on.
- I'm trying to figure out what the green texture is supposed to be.  It almost looks like grass, but that doesn't really make sense there.  I'd consider using something different.
- As mentioned before, the dark textures don't really mix well with the paintball2 textures.  I'd just use dimmer lighting if you think the paintball2 textures are too bright (or maybe you just need to adjust your video settings).
- Metal texture on the top of the bunkers has severe jpeg artifacts.  Not sure what texture you're using there, but I'd suggest using a different one, or re-saving the jpeg with a higher quality if you have an uncompressed source.

I'd upload it to the beta server for testing, but you need to get the team and packaging issues sorted out.

stigma

• Stingray
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2007, 10:51:22 AM »
yah after looking at all bugs and stuff don't think that be good map for paintball don't think kp work for paintball. so going try working on some ctf style maps

so maybe something like this work better for pball

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2007, 12:31:11 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:16:48 AM by Dirty_Taco »

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2007, 01:15:27 PM »
That looks more like an UT Map. That isn't a bad thing though. We could do woith some maps like that.

stigma

• Stingray
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2007, 04:05:03 PM »
well here the map file  guess someone can make map for this   

http://www.kingpinforever.com/cujodesign/spacepost.zip