Author Topic: TML2 Frag Maze Map "In the Works."  (Read 1834 times)

EllsinoreOutlaw

• PGP
TML2 Frag Maze Map "In the Works."
« on: April 11, 2007, 08:37:23 PM »
Here is few screen shots KiLo requested.

I always love mazes, so I figure I'll make one for Dp2, And my TML2 Server.

I also having some problems with the map now. which I posted the thread here. >>Click<<

stigma

• Stingray
Re: TML2 Frag Maze Map "In the Works."
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 09:20:17 PM »
If that message of  "WARNING: msg overflowed for and my name"

You have 10 items right next to each other 5 on bottom level and 5 top level in that 2nd screenshot spread the weapons out move weapons around the bottom level move them 5 weapons on top move them little out of seeing range to bottom level  

and looking at screnshot1 you have all your wepaons right next to each other in sets of 5 that to many  sets of weapons. spread most them wepaon out more if you still get that error take 10items off the map that should fix the problem

And thats a good size maze map if you can see over some them walls the r_speed/ really high and fps going be really low causes lots of lagg   

make some of the inside maze walls
 func_walls 
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 09:46:29 PM by stigma »

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 09:21:11 PM »
I don't know what you are planning on doing but I think this would be good if it was played as a deathmatch. It reminds me a lot of pb2dm1 is why it would be good this way.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 09:44:10 PM »
2nd screenshot lower right-hand barrel edge is manipulated you might want to fix that

stigma

• Stingray
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 10:03:18 PM »
just as a sugesting  on them maze walls its look like the grid is 32 maybe more? my editor  diffent then this one
i would kept them walls good 32grid maybe little better.i like make my walls around  8-16- sometimes 32grid   

[never never use grid 1 it can make lots of errors in a map somethimes]

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2007, 10:07:09 PM »
[never never use grid 1 it can make lots of errors in a map somethimes]

Never say never. :)
There are very rare cases where you have to use a size 1 grid. Other than that, try not to get below about 8.

stigma

• Stingray
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2007, 10:18:16 PM »
There are very rare cases where you have to use a size 1 grid
 but
it two easy sometime to make that brush smaller without noticeing it then you get -1 in your map or it can turn into a bad mirobrush. or compile error's

grid 4-8 good two for something even few things on grid 2 

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2007, 01:23:07 PM »
This engine doesn't handle large, open areas very well.  The compile times on that map are going to be very high (if you can even get it to compile), and the r_speeds (polygon count) will be crazy and make the map basically unplayable for a lot of people.  Not to mention with the map being large and open, it will cause a lot of network lag since there is nothing to block players and other items from each other's view, so all the entity data will be sent to everybody playing.

stigma: Using func_wall won't help.  It'll convert the world polygons to entity polygons, but they still have to be rendered.

Edit: Can't help but think "TML" stands for "Too much lag". ;D

EllsinoreOutlaw

• PGP
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2007, 10:59:52 PM »
This engine doesn't handle large, open areas very well.  The compile times on that map are going to be very high (if you can even get it to compile), and the r_speeds (polygon count) will be crazy and make the map basically unplayable for a lot of people.  Not to mention with the map being large and open, it will cause a lot of network lag since there is nothing to block players and other items from each other's view, so all the entity data will be sent to everybody playing.

stigma: Using func_wall won't help.  It'll convert the world polygons to entity polygons, but they still have to be rendered.

Edit: Can't help but think "TML" stands for "Too much lag". ;D

TML2 means, The Modder Lounge 2. lol. ;) 

Yeah, I trash this map. I'll make better one and smaller. For sure we don't want any lag for sure.