Author Topic: The sad sad state of DP's servers  (Read 17047 times)

IronFist

• Autococker
_
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2004, 06:35:52 AM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 11:39:37 PM by IronFist »

Delirious

• PGP
Re: The sad sad state of DP's servers
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2004, 07:22:31 AM »
And this is a good thing!

darn cheaters!

Termin8oR

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2004, 12:01:58 PM »
Alpha Ver. Should Have A noCheat Or Some Simulation that runs and allows bots/hacks

-Termin8oR

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2004, 04:01:46 PM »
Are you saying we should open up the standalone to bots?

Termin8oR

• Autococker
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2004, 07:38:47 PM »
Oh Oh, My bad i ment Alpha Ver. Should have Something that detects NoCheat Or Other Simulations That are run for hacks.... like a sertain " .DLL " file....
But im not sure what each has in commin other then they CHEAT.....
I WIll post a solution when i find one.

Thankz

-Termin8oR

IronFist

• Autococker
_
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2004, 07:02:41 AM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 11:39:29 PM by IronFist »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2004, 08:14:35 PM »
Funny how this has moved to a discussion about cheats.  I'll just make a couple quick comments.

a)  I won't be able to implement any anti-bot-proxy code until there's a working linux version (at least the server part -- still waiting on Sad to finish porting it).
b)  Checksums... I can make them harder to hack, but as the saying goes, "obscurity is not security."  It's almost (if not entirely) impossible to make it so that clients can't hack file validation -- even if the source code is not released, you can still disassemble compiled code.  However, I do have plans to counteract cheaters as mentioned in another thread.  They might get away with it for a little bit, but when they're found out, the penalties will be severe.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2004, 06:20:10 AM »
There will always be cheaters. You can make it harder for them, and that might drop a few of them out, but there will always be some. There aren't many cheaters now, so if you do consistantly see a cheater, switch servers. Tell the admin (although that doesn't help much anymore). Anyway, cheaters don't seem to be much of a problem now. The best way to make the game better is to take out 75% of the spraying, and FORCE teamwork.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2004, 06:52:30 PM »
agreed not many people are using visually offensive hacks speed bots, aim bots etc ..but subtile ones described below are stilling being used

does not haveing a friendly fire limit warrent merit ? with out question most combat games have such a features built in....or in the very least have the friendly fire when turned on like CTF so when you hit a "Friendly"  you loose a kill ...i perfer the first being that the offending sprayer gets the boot :)  wee a server side kick "you have been kicked for spraying your teamates" not only does that help eliviate newbs shooting anything that moves ..but promotes TEAMWORK .....is fire supression a bad thing ?

2nd so you can manipulate packets in alpha just as q2 ...via client side proxy ????  sheeeet  ....!!!!
god it would be so much easier just work on your skills then spending hours wriiting cheats or the source code writers time combating these idiots ....go save a whale or sumthing be usefull ..what a waste of talent  

"However, I do have plans to counteract cheaters as mentioned in another thread.  They might get away with it for a little bit, but when they're found out, the penalties will be severe. "------------<<<hooray>>> its about time .....where can i find this thread ?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2004, 07:13:50 PM »
In the DPL section -- thread about the zero-tolerence cheat policy.

Termin8oR

• Autococker
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2004, 12:07:59 PM »
hackers should be banned for LIFE....

-Termin8oR

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2004, 12:18:00 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 01:20:50 AM by Dirty_Taco »

BabyGurl

• PGP
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2004, 08:12:37 AM »
How do you "record a demo" to catch them anyway? I never understood that feature.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2004, 01:02:58 PM »
Type "record <demoname>" at the console.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2005, 06:15:46 PM »
Ok last Sat night I invited 3 of the Top clan leaders to download this. They like the alpha  and all but where is everyone they literly wasted 2 hours waiting. HELLO IS ANY ONE OUT THERE?

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2005, 09:11:22 PM »
what? What alpha? Of what? What?

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2005, 10:43:28 PM »
Saturday night I told some old AAO buddies from aa 1.7 and on to download this mod (alpha 14), following this eiii sorry did not specify my apology?  They liked the Mod but all the action I promised was not there,  they waited some 2 hours for some players to join. Long two sentences short, they wasted 2 hours of their life waiting for competition.  Tonight the server again was half full which is a good thing. My point is ween people off the current popular maps into the non realistic maps. Lol jk Make small maps for the small minded and you will have happiness.

BTW bogwood was the siz nit tonight along with Antioch

i had over 14 players ..very proud

** edit for those AAO players its was FILO, IDS, (D_O) Clan leaders they have heard nothing bad about the mod but when downloaded no action.

Eiii I was trying to get some serious FPS gamers to join. Lets hope we can get thier clans,  are huge (over 100 members) and LEET. My point is to expand these clan wars to the same engine that we hope to evolve to.

Shorter faster maps gents that you can live with.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2005, 01:18:03 AM »
Ooh... I get what you were saying. We really don't need 100 members. too many.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2005, 01:49:06 AM »
Again Jitspoe ,  Just the sarcasm we need

You completely ignored my point, so very typical and moronic Eiii

this is getting old and so is your biasism. Until u peal Ur lips from Ur tate, please shut up Ur not doing any one here any good :L)

Go  make a small map please.

And be nice to others u smelly thing u

Murdock

• PGP
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2005, 10:48:39 PM »
It's surprising this game is still played considering that the detectives far outweigh ppl like Jit who try to improve the game. Ppl like protour or tourpro or w/e complain of camping. I explain the "new" concept of guarding the flag in a ctf game, and suddenly I suck rooster and am no good at the game. Good thing he is allowed to spam server msgs about my fellatio skills to the whole group trying to play the game. Mature, really.

Then a few moments ago, we have a nice, large game on castle1. Game over, it goes to midnight, and everyone leaves. I love that map, most ppl, apparently, don't. All but two ppl leave, so I find a server with a few ppl playing pbcup, which for some odd reason, I like. I join, they tell me to join obs, cause ppl aer being shown stuff. I say, ok, Ill watch, no kills. Since I dont join obs, I get a kick warning. Wtf is wrong w/ppl.

/rant
//hot and aggrevated
///late and drunk