Author Topic: Want to help the DP community?  (Read 2613 times)

Delirious

• PGP
Want to help the DP community?
« on: November 24, 2004, 11:20:59 AM »
I am an avid fan of Digital Paint and would like to make a donation. I can only hope others would be willing to follow my lead and do the same. I would like to see a paypal donation option on this web site. So that I may show my grattitude twards the great efforts of the DP development team.

I'm already trying to help the community in other ways. Like with PaintBot and managing the APEX servers. Soon we will see a new irc bot dawning the channels. This new bot will be for managing and configuring several personal match servers and open game servers. It will also record and display game statistics for clan matches, as well as keeping track of personal statistics. This will help us with managing matches, and give us a web page to review the matches as they progress.

I hope that my efforts in this project can help out the community even more.

But yet still, where can I make a donation?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2004, 11:29:58 AM by Delirious »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Want to help the DP community?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2004, 01:33:24 PM »
I had a donation page up at one point, but since I only got like 2 donations and heard somewhere that it was against hosting policies to have donation requests on the page, I took it down.  Actually, the page is still there -- I just removed the link:

http://www.planetquake.com/digitalpaint/donate.html

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2004, 05:18:56 PM »
with out looking at the link
can u tell from where the donation came  ?...
how much money would help ...
as i have said before i make great money working for the telephone company and as we  all know i love this game ..even to a fault...

so  i would love to  make a donation but i  would ask 2 things

1st to be acknowledge of the donation ...your choice how and where but here ....i ask this only to help promote giving to this cause ....

2nd you must kill ganja :) ...jk
waiting for your responce

Delirious

• PGP
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2004, 10:19:39 PM »
I think your missing the point of donations. Besides how large of a donation would you make? And what’s wrong with acknowledgements in the web board? Are not all the people who matter to the community and development team here? Are you looking for some personal advertisement, then pay for an advertisement.

A donation is a means of supporting your appreciation for their efforts. It’s not for advertisements. I wouldn’t care if jitspoe were to use the funds to go and eat-out somewhere. I offer my donations with anonymity. I only hope that the receivers actually see’s a unique id so he knows there are people who really appreciate their work.

I believe in paying for the software you use.

Yes, I’ll admit I use a lot of hacked software. But I try to go with a freeware program when ever possible. Most of the software I use, especially if on a regular basis, I actually make payments for. I do this for anything I think is very entertaining or extremely useful. When it comes to games, I have thousands and download more all the time. But I try them out and see if I like it, if I do I will go and buy it. If I don’t like it well it’s forgotten about. I even have one game called “Black & White” I loved it so much I went and bought 4 copies. It has a very interesting physics and graphics engine, and a creature AI that actually can learn to follow your directions.

The pay pal donation link goes to jitspoe’s e-mail account directly. So I hope he enjoys my fairly generous donation of $100.oo (us). I really enjoy Digital Paint Ball, and feel it would be worth at least 2 retail purchases. But I also continue to offer my support with testing and maintaining many of the servers, clients, and services that help keep the community alive.

Thank you Nathan, keep up the good work.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2004, 12:55:22 AM by Delirious »

Termin8oR

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2004, 12:09:19 PM »
I Would love to donate to help make DP more fun/better servers/more addtional items..
I Currently have $0 and i will donate when i get payed, but untill then im sorry i cant

-Termin8oR

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2004, 04:52:34 PM »
dear del ,

i assume you are refering to me my request to post these donation ..."Are you looking for some personal advertisement, then pay for an advertisement."

absoultely not .....that is an affornt ...  i was mere suggesting that posting donations does help to get more intrest ... :)

"I offer my donations with anonymity"
i as would i ..again its was a suggestion  to  help the cause ...

as far as "paying for software" ..i would not dare to go there sir ..its kind of like talking about religion or politcs ...very  personal subject....  i do resepct and partial agree ..

as far as size of donation usally that does not matter  :) ..how ever with the wife premission 30 dollars a month was what i hinking ....

in summation del you and the borad of been nothing but nice and respect full thank you and i appriciate your concern ..if it was directed to me ....however correct it was it is misdirected....
humbly your friend
L

IronFist

• Autococker
_
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2004, 07:09:53 AM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 11:39:26 PM by IronFist »

Termin8oR

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2004, 09:53:37 AM »
LOL Semi-Corrupt thats good!

sell it for min bid: $15 then watch it sell good

-Termin8oR

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2004, 10:12:28 PM »
Bah! I already threw out some semi-corrupt memory! ;)

Delirious:  Thanks for the donation.  You want any shirts?  Up to 10 shirts free with donatations of $100 or more! ;)

Since I have a job, donations mostly go toward things like: DPCon prizes, shirt printing overhead, and supporting other groups that have been helpful to the development of pb2 (sf.net, quakesrc.org, etc.)  If we were to get donations on a regular basis, we could use them to set up more servers and things of that nature.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2004, 06:10:12 AM »
And if we get LOTS of big donations, we can buy the quake3 compilers! ;)