Author Topic: Hackers?  (Read 5375 times)

Unknown

Hackers?
« on: November 24, 2004, 02:29:03 PM »
It's not the being called a hacker that scares me.

Theres these dudes with newb names but they play really good, they keep telling me not to tell anyone about them...lol...I thought they where joking but this one is a idot who just asks for it, a example:

They come in and say they hacks then they actually get everyone thinking they do. Very strange; sometimes I actually think they do because they kill TOO perfectly and leave when someone "Important" comes along.

I don't really think their hacking but they seem to have down what a "real wallhack" is and know how to do it.

IronFist

• Autococker
_
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2004, 06:22:25 AM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 11:39:40 PM by IronFist »

Termin8oR

• Autococker
Re: Hackers?
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2004, 07:36:11 PM »
Hackers are just people who suck at a game that need cheats to help them through just to make it easier on themselves just because they cannot beat someone or something so they resort to hacks/cheats to do the dirty work.....

HACKERS SUCK

-Termin8oR

IronFist

• Autococker
_
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2004, 06:57:58 AM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 11:39:32 PM by IronFist »

Fryth

• VM-68
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2004, 01:47:56 AM »
First of all, sorry about your brother. Second, wallhacking is a reality in online gaming... I know that's sort of a cop out, like they can't make an anti-cheat or whatever, but... you may have no idea how HARD it is to prevent cheating. You can't write a checksum into the client; they'll just hack the client and remove the check. You can't encrypt the network protocol; they'll just decrypt it, and besides, that introduces a LOT of overhead (LAG). etc.

So yeah. It's really pointless to go after cheaters. It takes a LOT of effort which would be better spent improving other parts of the game. Jitspoe is working largely by himself on the paintball2 project, on a budget of exactly zero dollars.

But yes, it is true. There are cheaters in DP. But as Termin8oR says, they suck. It sucks, and there's nothing you can do about it. And I just wish everyone on this board would Get Over It.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2004, 01:56:15 AM by admin »

IronFist

• Autococker
_
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2004, 05:22:27 AM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 11:39:24 PM by IronFist »

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2004, 06:11:58 AM »
Hoooooo yeah.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2004, 09:20:16 AM »
There are things that can be done to reduce and maybe even eliminate cheating, but they involve going after the cheaters rather than the cheats.  Perhaps we need to put together an anti-cheat committee that will track down offenders and make some phone calls to ISP's and/or people's mothers.  Also, once I get some global statistics implemented, penalties such as wiping stats would discourage cheating.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2004, 07:36:28 PM »
i work for the phone company assuming that the ip is not ghoasted and we can verify the offender AND only if there subscription is WAN/LAN based  ....i can have the account disconnected for violating thier isp contract ....if they are using the internet there is a 99.9 chance that they are piggybacking off of us ..i would love to take on this task any  way i can

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2004, 10:52:56 PM »
It may also be possible to ban people at the MAC address level, so even if your IP changes, the ban will stand.

Termin8oR

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2004, 12:19:17 PM »
That is a good true idea Jitspoe....
But dont you think if someone gets banned they might change their internet provider?
Like from DSL to CABLE ???
I know someone who did that one time for another game.

-Termin8oR

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2004, 05:36:29 PM »
i know for a fact that the bililng address of the offenders are kept in a perminent archive that is crossed referenced at the time of ordering ...this is a fedral mandate... insurance that offenders locations are not serviced . regardless of isp ...hacking is a very serious crime now taken very seriously .

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2004, 07:52:59 PM »
my spelling is not

ShotMyself

• PGP
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2004, 12:26:04 AM »
I would say this is more of cracking then Hacking, because a hacker is a pearson that goes out and fixes the site, etc. a cracker on the other hand is the one that does the demage.  Check out http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=hacker and scroll down the first defanitions are the most common (that hackers are bad) the lower definitions are the ones that you don't hear as ofter (hackers are good)

If you decide to cheat in this game I just have pity for you, worthless baby whos afraid to loose. 
I think i seen something like a speed hack, I recorded a demo of me playing agains a user who said to be "laging" but he was running twice the speed.

IronFist

• Autococker
_
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2004, 03:52:36 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 11:39:18 PM by IronFist »

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2004, 11:58:32 PM »
I am refering to tweaking packet size that offenderis  sending the server ...not manipulation of the games software.....let me know if we have someone like redxwing ....laggin out the server

"I think i seen something like a speed hack, I recorded a demo of me playing agains a user who said to be "laging" but he was running twice the speed."

I am sorry but redxwing was caught this weekend doing the exact same thing  ..pings around 120 and lags me out at 23ms ....bs
he was warned by most if not all the senior players to turn that crap off  ...that was right after he was getting owned of course......and after i had commented how well his manors had improved ......i dont speak hip hop tribe speak ....*** this and **** *** that ......I sigh.....
 where are all the good new players gone ?

Redx[KING]

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2004, 02:53:46 AM »
... Listen up to all you intercourses ... Yes, I used  a speed hack about three months ago wasnt trying to hide it. While playing I was useing  my name as Redxking wasnt trying to hide it. My buddy thgat i play quake2 with sent it to me so i tried it out on paintball big meddling deal get over it used it a few times no longer do not like u cant meddling tell. Now as far as me wallhack intercourse NO I DONT so stop talking your excrement not my fault you suck dont go blaming wallhack im sure there others sick of hearing it. Now what i want dont care who observer me cause it dosent bother me u can watch me play any time record a demo any time i dont wallhack or cheat in anyway form or fasion just leave me the intercourse alone and let me play.                     Thanks                                     

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2004, 06:29:06 PM »
lol nice language ...you will never get anywhere with that attitude . We did not accuse you of wallhacking young man . All we asked you was to turn it what you were using off . And you did at first , after you were getting owned you went on a 55-10 run , ok i could belive that if you wernt playing against some of the best players ever (not including my self I am god) , but you were and you were laughed by everyone , to obvious . So every to you play how are we supposed to know , by your actions in the game , most older schoolers can tell when somthing is fishy we dont need proof we know the human reflex limitaions in q2 engine after loggin over 6500 hours . I wish you would have just a little bit more common sense then to use cheats or even admit that you know how to use them . How can an opponent ever trust you in a fair match ? I wouldn't unless you change your name and your ways .
btw you are a decent player act like one

neo-3000

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2005, 07:37:53 PM »
I dont see why <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=people&v=56">people</a> cant just shut up about hacking. <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=People&v=56">People</a> use that accuse for when they are getting beat, and if someone is really hacking thats there <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=business&v=56">business</a> and that just means that they suck and cant play.http://

neo-3000

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2005, 07:44:02 PM »
Sorry for the previous post but here is what it said.

I dont see why people cant just shut up about hacking. People use that accuse for when they are getting beat, and if someone is really hacking thats there business and that just means that they suck and cant play.