Author Topic: A New Quake2 Version Patch?  (Read 2397 times)

Termin8oR

• Autococker
A New Quake2 Version Patch?
« on: November 26, 2004, 12:14:01 PM »
Jitspoe,

May you please make a new quake2 version patch that allows the new alpha funnames, new textures, the alpha player skins, and what ever else is new to alpha that quake2 doesnt have... But please keep everything available from OpenGL Drivers and most of us use SoftWare Settings....

-Termin8oR
« Last Edit: November 26, 2004, 12:15:56 PM by Termin8oR »

Eiii

• Autococker
Re: A New Quake2 Version Patch?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2004, 04:00:33 PM »
GAH! NO!

We don't keep the quake version up-to date because Quake is prone to hacks. DP standalone isn't. Quake hacks are easy, but near impossible on DP. Making a new quake patch would only encourage hackers more.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2004, 05:10:37 PM »
but not totally impossible?

Termin8oR

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2004, 07:23:05 PM »
Im Sure there are many people who have changed their wall textures to a clear glass texture and there for can see through walls....

More then half of the DP COmmunity is Quake2 Version Users because they check gamespy / fileplanet / planetquake/quake2  and see that there is a new mod for them to play....

But another patch update would be lovely because use fellow quake2 uses that dont hack would like better skins/better textures/fixed funnames/new sounds?/new stuff/

Just would be nice for new stuff in DP to make the Online game better and more effiecient...
Please And Thank You

-Termin8oR

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2004, 07:59:09 PM »
PLEASE oh PLEASE do it .......
"More then half of the DP COmmunity is Quake2 Version Users because they check gamespy / fileplanet / planetquake/quake2  and see that there is a new mod for them to play.... "

aside from that i dont have to install q2 to play it :)  play strait from the gigastick .....god i love this game
 ...besides what would happens to all my q2 pb dwnlds currently i belive around 600 megs of wasted dwnlds ...what a sham (not shame)

Termin8oR

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2004, 12:06:15 PM »
A New Quake2 Version Patch That Has All The New Textures/Skins/Sounds/Funnames/

If there is a new Patch Jitspoe, you need to make it Alpha Version funnames acceptable so quake2 players dont get Illegible Server Message.......

PLEASE MAKE A NEW QUAKE2 PATCH FOR DIGITAL PAINT

-Termin8oR

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2004, 04:59:48 PM »
Please :)