Author Topic: Testing a map with bots  (Read 1724 times)

spacepirate

• PGP
Testing a map with bots
« on: April 22, 2007, 04:45:09 PM »
I've been doing some mapmaking lately, and I've been wondering if it's possible to set the default value for maxclients to greater than 1?  I'd like to test my map and see if some barriers are able to be fired over without having to move it into a different folder every time I compile.  Maybe I'm overlooking something really obvious...

Thanks for your help!

Cobo

• Autococker
Re: Testing a map with bots
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 05:24:43 PM »
Go to the BSP/quake2/pball/compilers folder and right clikc runmap.bat and clikc edit.
Change:
paintball2 +map inprogress/%1
To:
paintball2 +map inprogress/%1 +set maxclients 12

spacepirate

• PGP
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007, 07:09:21 PM »
Hmm... that didn't work for me.  I think maxclients needs to be put in a little earlier, because it's loading the map before it changes the value.  Unless there's a way to reload the current map that I missed?

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2007, 07:20:54 PM »
This sounds more like a server problem to me but I could be wrong.

If it is a server problem on the Start New Game menu set maxclients to 12.

Cobo

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2007, 07:22:52 PM »
Errr, my bad.

Instead of:
paintball2 +map inprogress/%1 +set maxclients 12
Try:
paintball2 +set maxclients 12 +map inprogress/%1

That way it will set the max clients before it loads the map.

basilo

• PGP
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2007, 12:56:27 AM »
I'd like to test my map and see if some barriers are able to be fired over [...]

You might also like to use debug1 for that. Type "debug1 1" at the console and the game will start even without bots. You can also put it in the batch file, of course.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2007, 06:09:36 AM »
I've been doing some mapmaking lately, and I've been wondering if it's possible to set the default value for maxclients to greater than 1?  I'd like to test my map and see if some barriers are able to be fired over without having to move it into a different folder every time I compile.  Maybe I'm overlooking something really obvious...

Thanks for your help!

Not to call ya stupid or anything, but do you know how to add bots?  Sometimes it's something obvious that someone never learned how to do.

Cobo

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2007, 07:44:12 AM »

Thanks for your help!

Not to call ya stupid or anything, but do you know how to add bots?  Sometimes it's something obvious that someone never learned how to do.
He obviously knows how to play with bots, but he cant because the default max clients is 1.

... right? :P

spacepirate

• PGP
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2007, 08:32:34 PM »
I'd like to test my map and see if some barriers are able to be fired over [...]

You might also like to use debug1 for that. Type "debug1 1" at the console and the game will start even without bots. You can also put it in the batch file, of course.

Yup, that seems to be what I was looking for.  Thanks for your help.

And yeah, I do know how to add bots. :P