Author Topic: New Map: Jericho (Beta #7) (Back from the Dead!)  (Read 22681 times)

Apocalypse

• Autococker
Re: HCA Jericho (beta 4.0) Ready for Download...
« Reply #60 on: July 22, 2007, 08:53:16 AM »
Very nice I love it. Just noticed first pic is it supposed to be like that second pic has pretty high r_speeds looking into the jail as well as inside the jail.

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #61 on: July 22, 2007, 11:32:49 AM »
1200 is ok, isn't it?

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #62 on: July 22, 2007, 12:09:44 PM »
1,200 will be fine, especially since it's hard to even get it.

I know of places in this map to get 3k, and I'm going to download b4 to see if he's fixed them.

Looking great Kurt :D

Edit:  Nice job, putting the pillars in broke up the visibility and lowered the r_speeds to about 2k, not bad.

Also, it looks amazing with my blend of high-res textures and my high-res grass :)

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #63 on: July 23, 2007, 09:09:35 AM »
Oh woops if you move along that ledge I got up to like 2000 something......

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #64 on: July 23, 2007, 11:53:43 AM »
i like it but did you think about jumps?
and is there more for us to see?

THIS IS NOT A JUMP MOD KTHX!

iEATnoobs

• VM-68
« Reply #65 on: July 23, 2007, 12:00:42 PM »
Great looking map, but a few jumps and tricks here and there would make it better. Just because knak cant jump doesnt mean u shouldnt put in any double jumps in it.

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #66 on: July 23, 2007, 12:01:30 PM »
Aw KnacK you're taking my fun away.

I prefer to do this:

Digital Paintball 2 IS NOT A JUMP MOD

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #67 on: July 25, 2007, 11:09:17 PM »
Coming along great.  I didn't see anything major that needed work, just some little visual tweaks here and there.  On your next map, make sure you stick with a grid and use calculated alignments and scaling rather than eyeballing stuff.  It will save a lot of headaches and keep things perfectly aligned.

Another thing - your screenshots seem a lot brighter than the map did when I played it.  It looks good in the screenshots, but seems a tad bit too dark in game.  I'd suggest scaling up the lighting a bit.  You can do this really easily with a custom batch file that just adds "-scale 1.5" (or whatever you want to scale it to) to the "rad" line.

All these cool new beta maps coming out -- we need to organize some kind of beta map testing party :)

Edit: Forgot to attach my demo of things to tweak.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: HCA Jericho (beta 2.0) Ready for Download...
« Reply #68 on: January 28, 2008, 11:19:23 PM »
Haven't seen pastorkjl around in a while, but I hope he comes back to finish this map.  I played this with a handful of people on the beta server and it was pretty fun.  There are some key things that need to be addressed, though (don't remember what all my demo covered):

- There's a jail spawn outside of the jail.
- The one-way paths really confuse people.  Perhaps make a triggered door that only lets you out of the path exit, but not in.  You might also want to turn the spawns around that are near the one-way path exit.  People tend to go straight toward it then run into a dead end.  By that time, the enemy already has the flag and is headed back to their base.  Another possibility would be to just have a ladder so that it's possible to get out at the other end.
- The jail spawns are too clustered together.  It's really easy to spawn camp in the jails.  This isn't super critical, but the spawns should really be spread out some.
- There is no ammo in the jail.  The weapon upgrades in there are pretty pointless if you only have 10 shots.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #69 on: January 28, 2008, 11:51:12 PM »
If he's not back, we could just pester him at his email to give us the .map file. :)

pastorkjl

• PGP
New Map: Jericho (Beta #7) (Back from the Dead!)
« Reply #70 on: April 22, 2008, 12:25:00 PM »
Hello everyone! It has been a while since I've talked to everyone, but I'm still doing a little mapping. I have been working on Jericho for a long time. Please download it and give me your feedback.

Thanks,
Kurt
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 01:21:50 PM by pastorkjl »

pastorkjl

• PGP
Re: New Map: Jericho (Beta #7) (Back from the Dead!)
« Reply #71 on: April 22, 2008, 12:27:15 PM »
Some pics...

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #72 on: April 22, 2008, 12:28:38 PM »
That looks amazing, glad to see it's not dead

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #73 on: April 22, 2008, 01:14:37 PM »
I enjoyed playing this map (the previous betas) on the beta servers and hoped you'd come back to wrap it up.  I'll try to check it out later today.

I've merged the old threads on this map so we can keep everything in one place.  Feel free to edit your first post with new screenshots/download links.

pastorkjl

• PGP
« Reply #74 on: April 22, 2008, 01:32:03 PM »
Thanks jitspoe. Also make sure you have the correct beta version. We did alot of playing (beta testing) on our school server and several online players jumped in and played. So Im afraid their is alot of versions of this map floating on the net.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #75 on: April 22, 2008, 01:59:15 PM »
That's why I stress numbered betas, so it's easy to tell which is the latest one.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #76 on: April 23, 2008, 01:15:24 AM »
 * Cameron sits back and wonders how people map that well...  Very Nice Buddy.

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #77 on: April 23, 2008, 04:32:29 PM »
i don't know if this was mentioned before and/or fixed but on rare occasions after you die you spawn outside of the jail =/

- There's a jail spawn outside of the jail.

never mind :D

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #78 on: April 23, 2008, 11:07:48 PM »
Ok, the spawns are really weird in the new version.  Sometimes you'll spawn out in the middle of the map and be able to get the enemy flag before the enemy even gets to their own base.  Did you mean to make them DM spawns and not set the game mode?  Other than that and a few texture nitpicks, it looks really good.  I'll try to give more detailed suggestions in the future.  In the mean time, it's up on the beta server for play testing.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #79 on: April 24, 2008, 01:28:18 AM »
Ok, the spawns are really weird in the new version.  Sometimes you'll spawn out in the middle of the map and be able to get the enemy flag before the enemy even gets to their own base.
Noticed that as well.  But i want to get on that Beta Server and play it with people :)