Author Topic: New Map: Jericho (Beta #7) (Back from the Dead!)  (Read 22672 times)

wasp

• Stingray
Re: New Map: Jericho (Beta #7) (Back from the Dead!)
« Reply #80 on: April 24, 2008, 02:59:00 AM »
its looking awesome keep it up. The textures look like the best ive ever seen on dp

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #81 on: April 24, 2008, 09:30:01 AM »
The textures look like the best ive ever seen on dp

Isn't everything just stock?

M-A-Zing

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #82 on: April 24, 2008, 08:31:14 PM »
yeah they are all stock textures, but i believe that he is referring how the textures are utilized and aligned so well.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #83 on: April 25, 2008, 08:47:50 AM »
Man, it took me a while to figure out that you just put a clip ramp on the stairs.  I was trying to figure out why they behaved differently than normal stairs, haha.  I still haven't had a chance to play test this much, but I have a couple suggestions:

- Now that you have the ladder going up the hole in the base, perhaps you should change the colors there -- at least right under the ladder.  For example, there is a red barrel and red metal under the blue base.
- Not sure i like the window by the flag.  Before you used to have basically two paths to get to the flag/cap point, but since it's opened up now, you're exposed at the single path right as you exit the ladder.  I'll have to actually play it to see how this pans out, though.

I like the way you've got the paths set up.  Lots of ways to sneak around people.  This is the kind of map I'd like to include with the game.

pastorkjl

• PGP
« Reply #84 on: May 06, 2008, 01:36:35 PM »
Hello jitspoe, Can you let me know what needs to be done for the final release? Thanks for everything. Kurt

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #85 on: May 07, 2008, 11:15:32 AM »
I think the big thing is fixing the spawns so they're closer to the base.  From my play testing, it seemed I spawned closer to the enemy base than the enemy did at some times.  The spawns out in the middle would be good if you added DM mode (haven't checked - do you support different game modes?) but for standard CTF mode, they just don't work well.  I'll try to look at it some more and give you some more feedback when I'm home.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #86 on: May 08, 2008, 08:49:28 AM »
Did some more play testing last night.  There's one spawn that's like right in front of the enemy base.  That really needs to be (re)moved.  Other than that, you may want to change the colored markers right under the base now that there's a ladder, and there are a few very minor texture alignment issues I could go around and point out if you want, but they aren't critical.  I'm probably the only one who would notice.  The map looks amazing, especially with some of the high res textures I have.  I would love to include it with one of the releases.  I'd like to play test it some more first, though.

pastorkjl

• PGP
« Reply #87 on: May 08, 2008, 11:41:26 AM »
I will change the spawn locations. If you want to point out the texture misalignments, I will fix them. I know that the underground metal texture has some issues. We have been playing this level alot and my students have exploited some of the weak areas of this level (i.e camping, paths, ect.) and because of this their are some tweaks I have made to make it a little more difficult.

When you give it your stamp of approval, the hca_jericho is yours.

Thanks for putting hca_fort in your last release - Im honored.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #88 on: May 21, 2008, 05:23:19 PM »
Sorry it took me so long, but here's a little demo pointing out some trivial things.  Also, you should try adding some support for other game modes, like DM.  It would be a fun DM / TDM map, I think.

pastorkjl

• PGP
« Reply #89 on: May 28, 2008, 08:52:21 AM »
Im working on it as I get time. Thanks

Krewzer

• Stingray
« Reply #90 on: June 06, 2008, 12:42:09 PM »
Looks very nice. I'd move the spawns further from the middle though. At least one spawn puts you almost into the other teams base.

RoBbIe

• Autococker
« Reply #91 on: June 09, 2008, 01:38:47 PM »
WoW looks good

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #92 on: March 15, 2009, 01:05:36 PM »
Please come back and work on this.  I really like the map, but the current spawns are a big issue.  For example, one of the red spawns is right in front of the blue base, facing the middle, so you end up walking toward your own base (or if you turn around, you're practically spawning in the blue base).  I would completely get rid of all the spawns in the middle.  Another thing that's kind of confusing is the fact that the low path directly under the flag is the opposite color, so if you're at the ladder, you're surrounded by, say, red markings, then climb up into the blue base.  Maybe change the colors part way through.  Ideally, right in front of the jail, so you'd know which side somebody will come from if he grabs the flag and drops down.  On the topic of the jail - you need more spawn points.  People can easily spawn camp the jails, since everybody spawns in a row there, which can be kind of annoying.  Also, by the spawns on one side, you can get stuck between the barrels and the wall.  And, finally, a minor thing, but if you go up the left side of the ladder by the base entrance, you hit your head and get stuck.  Maybe put a clip texture on the side to prevent people from even climbing up that way.

musickid999

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #93 on: March 19, 2009, 07:20:35 PM »
There is only ONE thing I can really say. darn!
Pastor, you should really continue with this map. Everytime you create a new beta, it just gets better and better.
If only I had your patience... lol

KI3S

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #94 on: March 19, 2009, 09:24:39 PM »
Name:  pastorkjl
Date Registered:  November 03, 2006, 12:32:09 AM
Last Active:  May 28, 2008, 09:52:38 AM

Have you found a way to contact him? I don't think he will be checking forums  since he hasn't been on forums in almost a year.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #95 on: March 19, 2009, 11:03:39 PM »
He came back after about a year last time.  I guess we'll just have to hope he comes back, unless someone contacts him :).

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #96 on: March 19, 2009, 11:47:31 PM »
Name:  pastorkjl
Date Registered:  November 03, 2006, 12:32:09 AM
Last Active:  May 28, 2008, 09:52:38 AM

Have you found a way to contact him? I don't think he will be checking forums  since he hasn't been on forums in almost a year.

If I recall correctly, he's a teacher - which explains the lack of work on the map.  Check his last active... right as school ended in '08, I suspect this summer we might actually see him.