Author Topic: wont start  (Read 2717 times)

OpenGL?

wont start
« on: May 03, 2007, 06:32:58 PM »
ok i just installed this games and when i try to run it it pops up with a message saying u need and OpenGL video thing with the latest drivers. i know i already have a more than good enough video card with latest drivers. can anyone help me??? thanks!

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: wont start
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 06:38:22 PM »
What OS, video card, and drivers are you using?

http://digitalpaint.planetquake.gamespy.com/docs/faq.html#opengl

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 02:36:04 PM »
probably not a good enough computer, gogogo buy one.

You don't know that's the case. my cousin's husband had a new Dell that had an OpenGL problem, it was merely a driver issue.

OpenGL?: In case you don't know what OS, Video card/drivers you have, we can help you figure it out.  I'd like to see you join the community and start playing the game.

Nemesis

Me too!
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 11:47:09 PM »
I have the same problem. I have a Matrox G450 Dualhead, which I know is old, but Default OpenGL works fine in regular Q2. 

Tonight I installed the latest drivers from Matrox's main site, and I even did a little research on the ICD and TurboGL.  It seems that the G450 is no longer supported by TurboGL, or the other way around.  However, the driver I downloaded tonight (and installed!) seemed to come with a ICD, which, in my understanding (limited, yes) is almost more than TurboGL was. 

So I dunno.  I'll keep combing the forums, I hope I can play!

PS: I read a post about the matrox G450, when I searched for it, so I have hope that this problem can be fixed!

If you guys have any suggestions, email me at Pearson.bob@gmail.com  . THANKS!

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2007, 12:03:52 AM »
Nemesis .. Combing the forums is a good place to get help, if the problem wasn't answered, like this post, it's probably best to start a new topic, since in your case, your problems are only mildly similar.

32megs on an outdated card unfortunately may not cut it.  I don't know if you've look at some of the new screenshots, (Posted a few pages back in "other stuff" but this game seems to be a lot more resource hungry, especially since configured correctly, it features maps with a lot of  open area, hi-res textures, and reflective water.

Assuming that buying a new video card is out of the question, correct me if I'm wrong, is there any other OpenGL/video card drivers you could try?

Nemesis

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2007, 10:53:26 AM »
Well.... after installing the new drivers (from Matrox) last night, all of the games that I play (Hitman, Q2, HL) won't run in OpenGL.  Very.... very... Frustrating!

I spent a good hour last night after discovering that searching google for a thirdparty OpenGL driver, and I had no luck. 

Thanks, y00tz, for your concern. And yes, a 32MB card isn't all that great, but I really can't afford a new card, even if it is only 50 bucks... might as well be 500 bucks for all the cash I have....  Anyways, if you guys can help out, I would really appreciate it, expecially now that I have to play everything in Software mode!

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2007, 02:23:53 PM »
Do you still have the old drivers that used to work?  That's probably the only chance you have.  Unfortunately, with hardware that old, it's basically impossible to get support from the manufacturer, and even if you get it to run, it will probably be so slow that it's unplayable.

Corporal Perez

• Stingray
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2007, 02:41:49 PM »
What is Software mode and OPenGL and directx or direct3d?

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2007, 02:53:44 PM »
What is Software mode and OPenGL and directx or direct3d?

As usual.. please don't leech of other topics, especially with something so off topic.  You could find the answers to your questions if you'd just visit Google.com.