Author Topic: life after death?  (Read 5830 times)

JOE

• 68 Carbine
Re: life after death?
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2007, 11:46:27 PM »
there is no god. we evolved. we have always been. we die. period.

S8NSSON

• Autococker

pbmax

• PGP
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2007, 10:33:56 AM »
"Life after death" is not the way I would word it. "Life after death" is when your heart stops and the medics revive you.  You know "CLEAR!" "ThWhump"  "Gasp!"

So we need to more clearly define "death."  What criteria do we use for this? Vital signs? (heart beat, breath etc) Brain or nervous system activity? Body temp?  Clearly, medical science has proven that life can, indeed, exist after a brief period of death.  So when does "Death" truly take hold.

Then we need to decide what "Life after" means.  If we use "complete absence of life" as a working definition of "death" there can be none of the one after the other.  If you take an energetic stance, a "soul" if you will, this is harder to prove or even observe.  What about memories? Do these get included in our definition of "life?"

Two of my sources of spiritual inspiration come from works of fiction. The Celestine Prophecy and a quote from comedian Bill Hicks
Quote from: Bill Hicks
Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing ourselves subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is merely a dream and we're an imagination of ourselves

And so my thoughts are: the people we meet in life are part of our existence. Our spiritual energies will meet again in other lives, in other levels of existence, closer to that-thing-called-god.
pb

JOE

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2007, 01:56:10 PM »
that was deep man [ + ] for you