Author Topic: life after death?  (Read 5835 times)

S8NSSON

• Autococker
Re: life after death?
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2007, 01:48:26 PM »
Having JWs come to my door IS shoving their religion in my face.
And they don't stop...they keep coming...forever. I stopped them from coming to a place I lived long ago, but I was a much more brutal person that I am today.
My wife also has a friend that is a JW, but not in the strictest sense, and the things that have happened to her are unbelievable.

JWs are not a religion, imho, they are a fanatic cult. I differentiate, if you don't don't good for you.

Jistpoe if everyone had a different number then that would be true.
2+2=4
if you hold anything else YOU ARE WRONG.
Many religions completely contradict other religions. Who's right? Your religion? Of course it is.

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2007, 02:14:29 PM »
I THINK WE R MUMMIFIED AND CUM BAK 2 LIFE WHEN SUM1 CASTZ A SPELL

BLONDIE

• Stingray
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2007, 02:48:49 PM »
We all go to HELL

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2007, 03:17:13 PM »
Having JWs come to my door IS shoving their religion in my face.
And they don't stop...they keep coming...forever. I stopped them from coming to a place I lived long ago, but I was a much more brutal person that I am today.
My wife also has a friend that is a JW, but not in the strictest sense, and the things that have happened to her are unbelievable.

JWs are not a religion, imho, they are a fanatic cult. I differentiate, if you don't don't good for you.

2+2=4
Many religions completely contradict other religions. Who's right? Your religion? Of course it is.

Think he was trying to say you have as much chance to be wrong as anyone worshipping any other religion.

P!nk

• Autococker
_
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2007, 03:31:46 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 02:19:18 AM by P!nk »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2007, 05:57:32 PM »
2+2=4
But don't they?  You sound like many religions.  "If you don't believe this, YOU ARE WRONG."  But that's ok, because math is simple.  Math is absolute.  Math is the language of truth.  Or is it?  You say 2+2=4, but in doing so you made a lot of assumptions.  I never specified what base I was using, for example.  You assumed decimal, but if it were base 4, there is no such digit as "4".  In base 4, 2+2=10.  Now you're the one that's wrong.  How is that possible?  Lack of information, mostly.  You filled in some blanks and came to a conclusion.  One that you felt confident enough about to deem all other solutions incorrect.

I'm not really going anywhere with this -- just throwing out food for thought.  Something so simple can be right or wrong depending on the context, so don't be so quick to judge something that's far more complex.  And just because something has a large number of potential wrong solutions doesn't mean it's impossible to pick the right one.

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2007, 06:34:45 PM »
I'm not really going anywhere with this
No, you're trying to be a smart ass. But that's ok, you are who you are.
I knew darn well posting 2+2=4, that you would come back and say something to the contrary.
So, considering your comments, I say again, no matter what "base" you care to slip in, if everyone had a different number for 2+2 there would still only be one right answer.

I do have the same chance of being wrong as every other person. After all, no matter what I believe, or disbelieve, I still hold my number against the equation.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2007, 06:39:58 PM »
Define after death.  Most religions incorporate a sense of 'being aware of existence' after the physical body dies into 'life after death'. Misnamed idiom. Think, What is to be alive if not conscience?

To all,
Hate them hate them
Live your farce
Same thing, same way
Your karma will come

Ask me no questions
I tell no lies
Ask me again
I spit in your eyes

Live your life
Leave me alone !!!

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2007, 07:14:57 PM »
No, you're trying to be a smart ass.
Negative.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2007, 12:33:38 AM »
So, considering your comments, I say again, no matter what "base" you care to slip in, if everyone had a different number for 2+2 there would still only be one right answer.

1: I agree with jits' metaphor-y thing.
2: So... you're saying that you believe that there's one 'correct' religion or belief? Please share.

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2007, 05:55:15 AM »
Are you serious eieio, really?
Is that what you and Jitspoe got out of all that?

eieio's #1:
You believe in Jit's metaphor-y thing? What does that even mean. Did you not read my reply? Is there not only ONE answer to 2+2, no matter what smart ass base you try to stick in there? Only one. That's right, hold out your fingers and count along with me, ONE... You quote my reply as if to demonstrate a proven fallacy before stating your agreement with Jits. Prove it wrong Mr. Argument for the sake of argument. Come on, prove to me that 2+2 in a single base is anything other than one number without resorting to the Jitspoe dog and pony show that he used for no other reason than to attempt to show DP he can be witty and make a funny.

eieio's #2:
How about there is only one 'correct' result of dying. If there is only one result of dying then only one belief in the resulting afterlife can be true. Wow i'm dealing with grade school kids riding the short bus.

Argument for the sake of argument, and no other reason, you got to love it.

Look, just face the fact that I'm right. You prove to me, or anyone, that you know exactly what happens after death, or which religion, if any, is the 'correct' one as eieio so boldly put it, and you will be a god amongst men, I can assure you (don't care for your "i don't want to be a god amongst men" smart ass reply either).

The answer is, we don't know, and will probably never know, and humans can't handle that, and you guys are proving that.
I expected better of a smart type guy like you, Jits. Stranger things have happened.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2007, 06:17:18 AM »
S8NSSON: What were saying is that I can say exactly what you said, about religion or belief x, y, or z and it's still true.

Jehovah's Witnesses?:
Look, just face the fact that I'm right. You prove to me, or anyone, that you know exactly what happens after death.

Mormons?:
Look, just face the fact that I'm right. You prove to me, or anyone, that you know exactly what happens after death.

Heck I believe in re-incarnation!:

"Open-minded" people who believe in no religion or afterlife can be just ARE just as ignorant as those who do... Simply because we do not know.

Jitspoe used a good example, 2+2 = ?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2007, 11:26:50 AM »
S8N: I think you missed the point completely.  I'll try to spell it out a little better.

Category 1:
2 + 2 = 4

Category 2:
2 + 2 = 10

Category 3:
2 + 2 = 22

Category 4:
2 + 2 = 0

Category 5:
2 + 2 = 5

Category 6:
2 + 2 = 2

Category 7:
2 + 2 = "I don't know for sure, but I'm trying to figure it out."

Category 8:
2 + 2 = "I pity you, other categories.  You are fools!  There are so many other categories out there.  They can't all be right!  Face it, yours is statistically the wrong one.  Don't go shoving that 2 + 2 = some number crap in my face."

Review your previous posts and tell me which category you are.  (hint: it's not 1-6).

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2007, 02:55:59 PM »
No Jitspoe, the point I make is no one knows. No one can know. And until the day of death comes, no one will know.
You just chose to use your little base trickery to try to throw a curve ball, and all your worshipers follow.

The answer to live after death is 2+2 in a definite base that no one knows. A world full of people hold what they believe to be the answer, but cannot know for sure what the answer is.

You argue because you are smart, but that does not make you wise, for which you have proven deeply that you are definitely not.
The answer is, there is no answer. What makes you feel good through life is your answer, right or wrong.

And Jehovah's Witnesses can kiss my ass. You have no idea.

Do I contradict myself?
Maybe you don't know who I am for all these years.

Don't enter religious discussion with mathematics and science. It makes you look like an absolute moron, Jitspoe. Sure your band of worshipers think you're mister cool with the snappy 4.0 answers, but you just made them dumber as well.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2007, 05:12:07 PM »
Yeah Jitspoe, you're the one looking like a absolute moron here. ;)

Quote from: S8NSSON but actually Jitspoe
No Jitspoe, the point I make is no one knows. No one can know. And until the day of death comes, no one will know.

An echo?

On a serious note: S8NSSON this isn't a discussion of religion, it's a matter of life after death. Maybe everyone goes to heaven, maybe we all go to a big livewell where we swim with neon fish.  Religion isn't life after death, heck I don't even think the Jews in my family believe in life after death.

About the 2+2... Unfortunately you don't understand it, hence you have to attack Jitspoe on a personal level.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2007, 05:48:29 PM »
Don't enter religious discussion with mathematics and science. It makes you look like an absolute moron, Jitspoe.

Wow.

So religion is just supposed to be completely void of logic?  I guess I'm done here, then.

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2007, 06:07:31 PM »
Yes religion is void of logic. You don't know this?

Sharp

• VM-68
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2007, 08:53:09 AM »
Man God ftw!

kNoC

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2007, 10:05:44 AM »
the Christian Crusaders are gonna come back ;(

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2007, 07:55:33 PM »
eieio's #1:
You believe in Jit's metaphor-y thing? What does that even mean. Did you not read my reply? Is there not only ONE answer to 2+2, no matter what smart ass base you try to stick in there? Only one. That's right, hold out your fingers and count along with me, ONE... You quote my reply as if to demonstrate a proven fallacy before stating your agreement with Jits. Prove it wrong Mr. Argument for the sake of argument. Come on, prove to me that 2+2 in a single base is anything other than one number without resorting to the Jitspoe dog and pony show that he used for no other reason than to attempt to show DP he can be witty and make a funny.
Oh, so you're an elitist excretory opening? Point taken.

Look, just face the fact that I'm right.
Oh, so you're an egotistical elitist excretory opening. Now I really see the meat of your argument.