Author Topic: BSP conversions and 2 BSP compiling errors  (Read 2095 times)

Apocalypse

• Autococker
BSP conversions and 2 BSP compiling errors
« on: May 07, 2007, 02:46:41 PM »
Ok first of all how do you convert .bsp files into .map files and .map files to .bsp files?
Next question when I go under export qbsp.bat it shows up as the same for example I made an object then used qbsp.bat then I left it deleted the object and compiled again after saving it was still there and what I added is not what is wrong?
Ok third question some of my compiling tools do not load there is an error that comes up the ones that don't work are relight.bat, qbsp vis rad.bat, qbsp fastvis rad.bat and final compile.bat

Here is a screen shot of the error I get this the relight one butthey are all the same basically

Spook

• Autococker
Re: BSP conversions and 2 BSP compiling errors
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 03:05:45 PM »
WinBSPc i think is a good map converter (i may have the letters mixed up :P) and you convert them back by compiling the map through BSP. As for the errors, have someone with more mapping experience then me help you.

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 03:34:18 PM »
I am confused which way is to make .bsp to .map?

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 03:36:50 PM »
winbspc

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2007, 03:38:04 PM »
where do I get winbspc?

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2007, 03:41:42 PM »
Google it =] also one more post till i hit the big 1000

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2007, 04:41:05 PM »
where do I get winbspc?

Your welcome. :)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2007, 07:24:54 PM »
"**** leaked ****" is your problem.  You have a hole in your map somewhere.  Your map needs to be "water tight" and not have any entities outside.  In bsp, you can do a file|leak check to help you find leaks in the map.  What you're doing when you export is compiling the .map into a .bsp.  You shouldn't need to convert a .bsp into a .map.  Not only will this generate a messy map file, but if you don't have the .map source and permission from the author of the map, it's likely a copyright violation and can be considered theft.

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2007, 02:50:16 PM »
Oh Jitspoe two things #1 I do not have any entities outside of it and it works fine with qbsp.bat and #2 the thing is in one map adminjumps the author placed the spawn point at the wrong height so it is above the map not inside of it so I was going to fix it so I could play it properly without noclip. Thank you Zorch Googleing brings up so many weird results not even related to what I put in and can be annoying.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2007, 04:42:54 PM »
I do not have any entities outside of it
the author placed the spawn point at the wrong height so it is above the map not inside of it
Then you have entities outside of it.

I almost feel I need to make a new version of qbsp that won't let you play the map at all if it leaks, heh.

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2007, 06:54:46 PM »
I do not have any entities outside of it
the author placed the spawn point at the wrong height so it is above the map not inside of it
Then you have entities outside of it.

I almost feel I need to make a new version of qbsp that won't let you play the map at all if it leaks, heh.
No Jitspoe I do not have entities outside of it for the second quote I was talking about adminjumps.
Edit also for the relight.bat and stuff I got it working and never mind the problem with admin jumps I never play it anyway lol. Okay I'm going to lock the topic now thanks for the support guys.