Author Topic: would you put you parents in a retirement home?  (Read 2085 times)

stacy

• PGP
would you put you parents in a retirement home?
« on: May 09, 2007, 11:58:47 AM »
please post you opinion on why or why not.

SkateR

• Autococker
Re: would you put you parents in a retirement home?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 12:04:06 PM »
No.

BLONDIE

• Stingray
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 12:07:45 PM »
nope

oOoOz

• PGP
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 12:29:45 PM »
No.They don't deserve it.

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007, 02:38:08 PM »
Yes, if I could, and I will if/when I can.
Most you young whipper snappers will too when you grow up and become a parent.
You don't understand them till you become one.

Let's look at real life.
Of course let's put aside parents that abandon and abuse (physically or psychologically). These parents, although when you get older you may talk to them and forgive them, probably don't/won't deserve retirement benefits at your expense.

Ok, normal parents, together, single, or divorced:
-The fact that you are alive today means they have done their No.1 job so far, to survive you through adulthood.
-I take it most of you are fat dumb and happy. Job No.2, keeping you healthy through to adulthood.
-I take it most of you have a roof over you heads, cloths on your backs, food in your mouths, and you definitely have a few luxuries or you wouldn't be on your computer talking to us. Job No.3, giving you the necessities of live in order to see you through to adulthood.
-Some of you may, some of you may not, this is where gray areas start to arise, have been taught family values, the difference between right and wrong, how to be a fine young person, and given a decent education (above and beyond that which the government schools provide). Job No.4, Teaching your child to be able to survive on his/her own.

If you parent has done these things they deserve a huge hug from you right this minute, but this alone may not warrant a ticket to the retirement home. These are the things every single parent under the sun should do for their child.

The golden ticket to retirement...
If your parents have gone above and beyond the above, or have done the above extremely well.
If YOU have been such a person as to test the fiber of life running through your parent's.
If you are going to, or going to go, to college on your parent's purse strings.
If you went to jail, or caused any kind of hell and are still welcome in the house.
If your parents have shown and given you undying love and dedication in order to do all the things they need to do to get you through adult hood (this one is tricky because some of you young kids won't even recognize these things for years to come).

If any/all of these things are/will be on this list you can check off for your parents, you may want to think about your choice of giving a definitive NO to helping your parents in retirement.

Peace

nightryder

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2007, 06:40:44 PM »
they can do it themselves if they want to

TinMan

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2007, 06:49:45 PM »
LOL
Yes, it's better than leaving them in the streets.

P!nk

• Autococker
_
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2007, 07:20:21 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 02:19:15 AM by P!nk »

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2007, 08:32:27 PM »
Nope, I love my parents to much to let them waste away in a daycare for seniors.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2007, 09:10:16 PM »
I would never think about putting them away... first off, they love this house too much, and secondly, unless they get too sick and become a burden on my siblings and I, they won't go, and we won't let them.

Sharp

• VM-68
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2007, 08:01:22 AM »
They Nurtured you when you were young, the least you can do is repay them in their old age.

kNoC

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2007, 09:53:11 AM »
ONLY if i couldn't take care of them good enough, and it was guaranteed they would have proper care, and id visit my mama everyday 8^)

Sharp

• VM-68
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2007, 04:13:12 PM »
Aww cute...-1 for that.