Author Topic: Mod  (Read 2641 times)

[bd]imalamp

• VM-68
Mod
« on: May 09, 2007, 07:31:47 PM »
       Omg,lol! Well, i am on my way to making a mod for dp2. I have replaced alot of the sounds with desired gun shot sound effects gotten rid of alot of the more, uh, imature sound effects.
       I have also made a sourt of "ruff draft" for the new "clothes"  i have only made one set of clothes, battle boots, camo jeans & shirt, and horribly looking hands. I want to get rid of the mask and put on a a traditional millitary helment.
       For the new weapons, I'm no mdeler, I have been looking around for an m 16 and a ak 47 to start. It shouldn't be to hard i have seen a few for "sale" PSH!!! I have only been "workin" on it for a week. And i will be releasing a preveiw you can download within a week to a month.
       Before you ask i don't really have a theme to it, it will work its way in soon enough. I have alot other things planned and figured out, but i think you got the dea.

Cobo

• Autococker
Re: Mod
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 07:43:51 PM »
DP2 to real weapons?
Also, I dont think this is a mod, just a skin.
Good luck anyway.

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 07:46:53 PM »
Also, I dont think this is a mod, just a skin.

Agreed. Sounds kinda like a different theme with the real weapons and camouflage clothes to me.

Cobo

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 07:49:03 PM »
Also, if you really want to do this, you'll have to set up a serverlist on a server so people dont play on the pb2 servers.

[bd]imalamp

• VM-68
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2007, 07:19:35 AM »
Yeah, I know. I have been trying to make a deticated server , but port forwarding isn't working so i am geting another modem just for my pc. One of the reasons i have decided against a full blown mod is b/c i don't want to run my own server thingys. (How ever you say server list)

Cobo

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2007, 08:11:18 AM »
 :-\ I think you have to, because then there would be people playing on normal servers, instead of yours.

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2007, 08:54:16 AM »
:-\ I think you have to, because then there would be people playing on normal servers, instead of yours.

Yep. People would most likely connect to the DP servers which would be unfair, because of the different player models as well as make some interesting game play.

Sharp

• VM-68
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2007, 05:06:29 PM »
No matter how hard you try, this will remain dp. You may have a fetish for dressing this game up as Counter Stike? Take me serious, im studying psychology :P

Cobo

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2007, 05:37:15 PM »
It would be possible to completely change the game with a full source release. *hint hint* :P

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2007, 05:47:05 PM »
For a mod like it sounds like he wants to make, he'd be better off starting with Action Quake 2.  In fact, if he started with that, I don't think there'd be much to change.

kNoC

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2007, 10:33:59 PM »
action quake2 is by far the most bad ass half decent realistic game there is, even in call of duty, a head shot don't kill some1 1st time, but in aq2 it does, and u bleed and excrement and have to bandage....imma go dl aq2 now ;)