Author Topic: New Map:Labrynth (beta)  (Read 10861 times)

Apocalypse

• Autococker
Re: New Map:Labrynth (beta)
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2007, 02:37:39 PM »
Ok thanks Spook by the way how would you make it not every game mode but just 1-flag, Ctf, DM, and KOTH I tried adding all the numbers togethere but it didn't work.
Edit: does anyone either know some good texture devices ( name as many as you can) or have a rock with vines growing on it texture?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 03:15:01 PM by Apocalypse »

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2007, 09:28:22 PM »
Right now, this map looks kinda bland and boring. You need to change that. Add a cave, some tunnels, a big center field, etc. Maybe even put fog in and a bunch of plants (using the plant model). Keep at it.

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2007, 09:45:46 PM »
Edit: does anyone either know some good texture devices ( name as many as you can) or have a rock with vines growing on it texture?

First check out the wiki for creating new textures because that is probably what you will have to do.

Second if you do need to make the texture, there is a thread somewhere around here that tells a couple of different programs you can use to create the textures you need but I can not for the life of me find it. Also I imagine jitspoe probably knows a good program to use.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2007, 12:21:46 PM »
This reminds me of an old maze game I used to play back on windows 3.1.

You need to set a message in the worldspawn with the map title.  I'd also suggest using something like a dirt texture on the ground (or at least something more ground-like).  I'd scatter some ammo around in the maze and jail, too, but not in/near the bases -- give people a reason to go out and explore, not just sit in their base.  I'll put what you have on the beta server for play testing (see PM for details).

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2007, 03:40:22 PM »

You need to set a message in the worldspawn with the map title.  I'd also suggest using something like a dirt texture on the ground (or at least something more ground-like).  I'd scatter some ammo around in the maze and jail, too, but not in/near the bases -- give people a reason to go out and explore, not just sit in their base.  I'll put what you have on the beta server for play testing (see PM for details).
Is that a good or a bad thing Jits. By the way Spook do you mean for like fake walls and stuff because otherwise te mist you can only see before you go in it.
Here is the most recent version I am still working on making equipment through out the maze and larger rooms I will put them in either beta 3 or 4.

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2007, 03:58:07 PM »

This actually reminds me of the old Windows screensaver that was a maze.

I just downloaded the map and I agree with jits that the ground should be dirt. Also I am sticking by possibly haveing some kind of ivy or something over the walls. The big thing is that the map is just way to big a maze. I would not be surprised if there was a never ending game.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2007, 04:13:04 PM »
Dirt was my idea :P it's in page one though.

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2007, 04:14:40 PM »
I know Spook but I thought it would be to similar to the rock and KiLo I am planning to make big rooms in it so it is more like a bunch of rooms connected by maze what do you think?

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2007, 06:32:42 PM »
Sounds much better. There was just too much maze before.

Think about that texture I mentioned too.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2007, 07:02:58 PM »
I think I liked the way beta1 looked more, minus the ground texture.  Did you change anything besides the textures in beta 2?

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2007, 02:20:37 PM »
 minor thing I made a secret walk throughable wall to get to flag but I'm not going to keep that there I was playin with it for fun and I forgot to take it out  also I made it night sky instead of cloudy blue sky (default) and KiLo I don't think I have any good texture making programs but the again I have alot more then what I can think of right now.
Edit: Hey KiLo do you know how to make textures if so could you make it and post a download here please?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 03:00:52 PM by Apocalypse »

SmackWaters

• VM-68
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2007, 08:34:25 PM »
This actually reminds me of the old Windows screensaver that was a maze.

Here it is  ;)

Just unzip it to your c:\windows directory and you're good to go.

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2007, 08:49:29 PM »
Well I just finished playing with y00tz and he encouraged me to try and make that stone texture with ivy covering it. So I will have a go at it. If/When I do get it I will post it.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2007, 08:50:49 PM »
Well I just finished playing with y00tz
Paintball!  :-[

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2007, 09:10:41 PM »
KiLo, while you're at it, i need a gold texture i have alittle project going atm that needs some nice gold poles :P

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2007, 09:12:12 PM »
KiLo, while you're at it, i need a gold texture i have alittle project going atm that needs some nice gold poles :P

You mean kind of like a "brass" gold.

I will try my best, but I make no promises.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2007, 09:20:55 PM »
Yeah a brassy gold would be awesome for it.

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2007, 06:16:14 PM »
Hey smack waters are you walking or does it always do that.
Edit: Oh ya you didn't have to insult my texture choice and screen shots that bad! :(
Edit2:KiLo you finished that texture yet??
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 06:24:47 PM by Apocalypse »

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2007, 12:16:22 PM »
Hey guys sorry about the masssssiiiiiivvvvvveeeeeee delay my computer brokedown but I finally finished the third beta so here you go

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2007, 01:41:18 PM »
Looks like you forgot to light it.  Also, your map has no title ("message" key in the worldspawn).