Author Topic: Underage Drinkin  (Read 7652 times)

JOE

• 68 Carbine
Underage Drinkin
« on: May 13, 2007, 10:17:58 PM »
I just wanted to see how you all feel about underage drinking..the legal age in the United States for someone to consume alcohol is 21yrs old.  Do you think its alright for people under the age one 21 to consume alcohol? do you believe that 21 is a fair age? Why are people considered to be adults at age 18, but cannot drink until they are 21? Post your feelings, please.

Im under 21, i drink alcohol a lot.  I'm sure shortly after i turn 21 most likely within the first year after alcohol will loose its appeal, or at least binging on it every weekend and all summer long.  But i guess its just the fact that at the moment its illegal that makes it appeal even more to those underage.

Spook

• Autococker
Re: Underage Drinkin
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 10:34:45 PM »
I drink alittle bit, and i feel it is ok as long as you don't leave your house. So the legal age should be 18, because when you're an adult (legally) you should be able to add drinking to your new list of privileges

agent-hwk

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007, 10:38:10 PM »
no matter what the age limit is. kids will always get it.

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2007, 10:54:27 PM »
I drink whenever I go out. We usually do it at a friends house and thats it. We chill and thats all. No driving or anything. I think the age should be 18. If you are able to die for your country in some pointless war, then you should be able to buy alcohol.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2007, 05:40:18 AM »
The key phrase is responsible drinking. 

I know too many people OVER 21 that shouldn't be drinking.

Just remember: If you are underage and get caught drinking ( ie.. accident, or something where the cops get called) you just made a really big mess for yourself and your family ( for those still living at home/under 18)

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2007, 06:57:04 AM »
its 18 in the UK

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2007, 07:03:07 AM »
some pointless war
LOL is all I can say. Let's close our eyes and the bad man will go away.

The age of driving should be raised to 18.
The age of drinking should be lowered to 18, where it once was.

Like someone already said, it's all about responsibility. Some 16 year olds are already responsible, some 30 year olds still are not.
If you are old enough to serve your country and die in battle, you should be able to drink, sure.

[-] for everyone today just to intercourse the system!

Moe_Lester

• Stingray
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2007, 08:50:09 AM »
I drink whenever I go out. We usually do it at a friends house and thats it. We chill and thats all. No driving or anything. I think the age should be 18. If you are able to die for your country in some pointless war, then you should be able to buy alcohol.
I agree with skater if your old enough to serve and die for your country you should at least be able to drink a couple of beers with your friends

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2007, 10:08:42 AM »
its 18 in the UK

Yeah. And people here think that's too high. The most I've ever drunk at once is a can of Strongbow.

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2007, 10:31:26 AM »
16 in Portugal

bitmate

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2007, 11:00:08 AM »
16 in Germany as well, but I think you can drink at the age of 14 at home legally...

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2007, 11:00:55 AM »
18 in Estonia, but I think they should monitor the shops/bars/wherever you can buy alcohol better because whats happening in estonia is pretty darn sad. Well I guess its alot worse in many countries, but most 13-14 have no problems buying alcohol, there always is some small shop where sellers just want to make some profit. I would propose that shops who sell to underaged people constantly should lose their permit to sell alcohol. On the other hand, it would be bad aswell if you wouldnt drink before 18 and then when you become 18 then you BOOOOM you go and buy some whiskey, drink the intercourse out of you, get robbed, get intercoursed in the ass, and then to the police because you were naked on the street - that would be wrong aswell. Children should get their first experiences with alcohol with light beverages. I, myself started drinking like when I was 16, before that I played football on pretty good level so sport kept me away from it. Today when its legal for me to drink I go to pubs, enjoy myself, do a beer or 6. I dont really use stronger drink much, have experiment with everything I guess.
You could make a new thread "dumbest things youve done thanks to alcohol". Wouldnt be just a fun thread to read, but also to educate some of the younger person who we might influence.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2007, 12:44:05 PM »
Having the legal drinking age and the legal driving age start at the same time is a bad idea.  People need some time to learn responsibility before they get too many temptations dangled in front of them.  The last thing we need is a bunch of drunk newbies driving around getting people killed.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2007, 12:59:00 PM »
its 17 for driving and 18 for drinking here. I really think 16 is way too young to drive.

You can also drink here at home younger too not sure the actual age. Like a beer with pop's watchin the footie on a sunny sunday afternoon.

JOE

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2007, 01:23:22 PM »
The key phrase is responsible drinking. 

I know too many people OVER 21 that shouldn't be drinking.

Just remember: If you are underage and get caught drinking ( ie.. accident, or something where the cops get called) you just made a really big mess for yourself and your family ( for those still living at home/under 18)

I agree with knack 100% [ + ] for that, I know a bunch of people who are over 21 and less responsible than friends I have (yes i have friends lol i know) who are under 21.  I personally do not drink responsibly with the amount i drink and how often i drink, not to mention i often drink and drive.  does that make me a bad person? i could be a widow maker! 

TinMan

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2007, 02:45:59 PM »
I'm sXe so I don't care as long as nobody hits me or anyone I know with a car.

You can get this thing that lets you drink at 18 if you're in the armed forces of the USA. So if you want to drink at 18 legally, join the Navy! Accelerate your life! ...and then have it end abruptly with a bullet to your temple.

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2007, 03:00:51 PM »
Having the legal drinking age and the legal driving age start at the same time is a bad idea.  People need some time to learn responsibility before they get too many temptations dangled in front of them.  The last thing we need is a bunch of drunk newbies driving around getting people killed.

Being as no one should drink and drive it's not a bad idea.
If "society" deems people adults at 18 then they should be allowed to do adult things.

In any case the driving age should be raised.

And remove that timer off that ridiculous karma thing so I can minus everyone more often.

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2007, 04:43:16 PM »
18 in Croatia. But the country is paradise for underage drinkers. And overage. First time I got drunk, I was 12. It´s the country tradition you could say. But today, when I look at kids sleeping and trashing all over because they can´t control themself I think there should be stricter laws (also no respect for older wich i find obnoxius. Guess that´s the same thing all over the globe). Things are changing a bit. Still, every male (and most of females) get drunk once trough elementary.

Moe_Lester

• Stingray
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2007, 06:08:26 PM »
Joe, Is it really worth drinking and driving. I got a friend named DUI Bobby and hes working on his 3rd DUI. He wont get his license back until hes 37 and is in therapy. Why take a risk of dieing or killing someone else. Just have someone hold your keys for you thats RESPONSIBLE!!!!

JOE

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2007, 06:24:24 PM »
my roommate got a DUI too