Author Topic: Using more than one name=crap  (Read 2013 times)

loial21

• Autococker
Using more than one name=crap
« on: December 27, 2004, 11:42:15 PM »
I only want an explanation form the guilty ..if you ar not and know why this is done please also reply ....What chicken s h i t uses more than one name....iv mentioned this in multipul threads but never got an anwser ..i assume you have nuthing but negetive reasons for using them so lets here why ???

mabey put to the vote later btu for right now is it

your afraid of admin temp ban
you cheat and trying to hide your real name
you dont want to get owned using your reg name
your skitso

feel shame like a dirty positute i fart in you general direction ...you dirty uncle's undergarment sniffer  >:(

BigT

• Stingray
Re: Using more than one name=crap
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2004, 11:54:17 PM »
i know a few people who do that

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2004, 02:22:09 AM »
honestly ..if u have played often in the 3 years and were good i would remember before that a drunken haze ..my apology ...do you have ideas why the names gets changed ?

HardStyle

• PGP
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2004, 02:40:10 AM »
they don't want to be so famous ... ?! ;D
whats your dpb nick, loial21 ??

Glondinator

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2004, 09:50:15 AM »

your afraid of admin temp ban
This does happen although most people don't know about it, I really must ask though...why a Temp ban? Another reaso they change names to this might be because of insecurity that they might get a permanent ban from the server.

you cheat and trying to hide your real name
This is highly unusual and hopefull, rarely true. If NoCheat (Although can't catch all cheats) it's parcially the admins own fault for leaving it disabled. But cheating such a high offense that anyone cheating would certainly change names because of the risk of being banned. Then the admin could tell others until ths poor cheater has no more places nor people to cheat to or against.

you dont want to get owned using your reg name
This depends, if you were a "oldschool" player for many years and had some great glory. Then you come back say 3-5 years later and you find you can't ownt anymore...well most people don't want to do that so they start on a new name maybe two. Others are just plain newbies and change their name almost constatly for a "Trick" to the other players.

your skitso
I don't think your family is looking for you on DP...but O.K. from what I know this has never happend...ever.  :)

Glondinator

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2004, 10:29:30 AM »
oops...I guess I misused the quote. Only the questions should be quoted

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2004, 01:52:31 PM »
Well probably following the example of the server admins...

wait... we talking about the graf servers again??

::)

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2004, 07:08:29 PM »
All servers ...knack...all servers 
My dpnick is the same one i use on all games i play (LGM)Loial21 you dont play public often do you?

Glondinator..what name do you use when playing dp? We have never met, if that is so nice to meet ya , valid points .

I really only wanted the ones who change there names to explain :( why they do what they do in detail , but comments are welcomed thanks 

Saying hello nice to meet ya to someone you have known for the past serveral years is freaking iratating 

btw (Princess)Bob you are void from this
your name changing does not bother me you fewl  ...i can smell you a mile away freaking smellbot
disable that smell bro peeeuuuuweee  ;)

This whole issues make me paranoid

Derrek

• Stingray
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2004, 04:11:39 AM »
There are many reasons to change names.

One personally is Ganja....Harassing Dyann to the point she wanted to quit dpb all together(Any admins want to ban Ganja?  Graf admins should be fairly quick at that, you would think).  Ive changed my name just to avoid certin ppl or to be able to play without people yelling 'HAX' or just leaving when I join a server.

I changed my name to Uncle{psycho} a few weeks ago, just to get away from Derrek.  I hated people knowing who I was, and what strategy I used.  After a while, I felt like a newbie cause no one knew I was Derrek (ie., i was treated like a complete newb....even kicked from Graf servers for cheating...big surprise?).  I was even playing crappy cause no one knew who I was (fear of a name???).  So, I changed my name back (Derrek{psycho}) and started to play alot better too.

I still change my name occasionally (SaggyTitties?), but only to trick poeple for a few minutes.  I usually change it back after a map or two, just to take advantage of being unknown.

my $.02

-Derrek

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2004, 04:50:19 AM »
oh god derrek do i understand...my first exp with any dp  player out side the game was ganja asking to suck my detective......W H A T  T H E  F AQK is that for a child player.
i will give ganja a pass he might have been spoofed..at athe time ... on pub e3rrt server i was the best player ...except  uni on his on server god did he own ...me ppg   25  to 0 befoer i bowed out

derrek my friend thank you for your honesty and courage to speak against lameness .....

JITS   .....btw when playing against derrek ..he will testify that i i tried caping 5 times on midnight 2 before forgeting ur new rule
lol
old players comming back wont be happy .....unless the read faq..:) if its even in there ..lol
nite nite dp folks

Glondinator

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2004, 09:46:38 AM »
The real reason that you might not have seen me is because I was kicked from Graffiti for killing Snipen...sorry...going off topic.

I do change my name sometimes, I'm kind of in the group where you get sick of your name so you simply change it. Do you Really want to know my old name?

No You Don't...

picklehead

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2004, 03:31:08 PM »
I have a few names I use more than others (om, potbot, etc), but I usually pick a random name on a daily basis. Why? Because I feel like it. I don't really get what your big issue is, except that maybe you don't like to get beat by people you've never seen before. It's my name and I'll change it as often as I please. Also, it's amazing how some people act completely different when you use your real name as opposed to a fake name. I've played as picklehead and had people kiss my backside, then come back the next day under a fake name and had those exact same people treat me like complete feces for no apparent reason. This brings me to another point: abusing newbs. Why does it go on? You've got admins on graf who viewgib and kick and otherwise belittle new players (or players they don't "know") just for fun. Older players demean them, etc. Why? I suppose if you're trying to hasten the demise of the mod, keep up the good work, but otherwise, I'd think you'd want to be a bit more friendly in hopes of increasing the playerbase somewhat.

geegee,
pickle

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2004, 12:02:20 AM »
glon  unless your bob  ....yes i do ..  :)

"I'd think you'd want to be a bit more friendly in hopes of increasing the playerbase somewhat." ---is what my big issue is picklehead . Its all about haveing honor in who you are , think about that let me know friend (not fiend so calm down now if your not already).

"It's my name and I'll change it as often as I please"---- ok i can and will respect that is your personal choice . however as a side note thanks for making my point for me

How can one be themselves if they are constantly changing who they are . How are people who look foward to playing with "friends" (there is that word again, wont be the last time I use it either)  going to know who you are . And dont go and say i dont care about other people , you did in your own words , but not yet in your actions . Did you use your asa vet  influnce to curb the harshing or the newbs . Or did your remain quiet?

You do know there are others that play this game besides you and dont appriacate the practice of changing names . Whats to stop anyone from spoofing someone elses name ? and causeing grevious mischief to a really good person  . Nothing accept that if people know you dont change names as matter of principle then they are less likely to blame you . Oh, you mean spoofing other peoples names dont happen? Or its not affecting men what do i care . Well you did show an intrest in a more "friendly" honorable game that does not pick on newbies .
 Sir, mam whatever you are today (sad i have to point that out sorry "friend") I am here to tell you that I along with alot of others help the noobs out as much as we can and dont tease them off the server, just the reverse . Its players that abuse the tools available to them that are the likely culprits of spoofing , cheating  or someone using a fake to for nefarious reasons (dont tell me there are no nefarious reasons for doing it ...its cop out) . I have seen many a good clan destroyed not by getting there asses handed to them but by there nemisis or clan haters spoofing , I am sure that we have all witnessed that , again have honor in who we are at all times .

The only time really someone gets picked on these days is because they do something grevious and thus deserve it or a good kick in the arse or off the server . The is a lot less vets these days than newbs ..as before mentioned feel sorry for the newbs that were in e3rrt not these on graf servers and who is to say who is a freaking newb and who is not with everyone  changing there names every time the connect to the server .

Aside from the action in the game what makes one stick around , friendship . Try to saying anything different and you will be just another spamming moron .

So i say this ,if we like this game and want it to be more "friendly" try using one name, ignore snipen ..he dies just like the rest of us and if you kill him dont talk trash word of the wise :) unles he is in a good mood . For god sakes dont get a kick on watching how differntly other people react when you change your name (like a spamer would spam) . Not only does that take away from the game (people complaining) That is just weird, but so true :)

Another senario what happend if you walked around your work or school with a differnt name every day . What would think of that person how could you possible make "friends" if they think your a liar . If you tell someone your name in person be sure they wont like it if they find out your not really who you say you are . Matter of fact you gaurd your grill and knuckle up its on if that ever happened to me , . I mean really how "friendly" is that ..to lie about your name .

Ladies and Gentlemen we can all agree that most gaming communities shun this behavour and have in fact taken steps to lesson that kind of activity for example  registering your account with one name only not multipul . There are serveral reason why . I will not go in to deatil about these reasons because I feel that your explanation of why most games that are online based games now use this system , is best giving

i know its just a game but

thats what the big deal is
spoofers and cheaters they wont go away and die .

respectfully,
loyal to one