Author Topic: DPMapRelease  (Read 2920 times)

Eiii

• Autococker
Re: DPMapRelease
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2007, 10:19:09 PM »
I didn't say he wasn't going to- I said he isn't. As you pointed out, he's probably asleep. I'm not. Why shouldn't I do it? It literally was about 20 characters repeated 3 times.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2007, 10:29:52 PM »
It's fine by me, go ahead-ViciouZ is a pretty cool guy I'm sure he won't care.  It's the principle of it though.

Let's say instead of DPMapRelease it was another program, say.. the Digital Paint 2 engine.
Sure you have the source-Jitspoe releases it, and Jitspoe has a laundry listof features to add, so why not just add a few lines of code, and release it on the forum as DP2-eiii.zip?
I'm betting Jitspoe wouldn't be real happy with it.
The same goes for all software, it's not that you shouldn't modify the original developers stuff without the proper license or expressed consent, but you shouldn't release it.  Especially on the same platform it was originally released on.  It can quickly cause shards, which kill projects.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2007, 10:41:21 PM »
But it doesn't even have a chance of causing a shard or breakoff or whatever- I just changed the [img] tags to [img width=800 height=600]. And a huge compiled project like DP would be a different matter- this is a plaintext batch file.

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2007, 09:23:44 AM »
Ok, it was fine with me, but do you really not have the patience to wait a day? It's not like it's a major piece of software, is it? Anyway, working on 0.3.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2007, 10:04:56 AM »
I know you paid the developer of Download.exe to allow you to use it with DPGet, but will he allow you to use it in DPMapRelease?  The reason I ask is because I've grown akin to the easy software update.

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2007, 10:08:15 AM »
Good news. Now Matze and Smokey have lent me FTP space, I can use the inbuilt FTP client to check for updates without using FTP. I'll implement that in 0.4, like I did with DPGet.
I'm also working on the Community Edition of Build 18. I need testers, so if anyone can help, PM me.

PS: 200 posts WOO!

edit: y00tz get yo ass on MSN.

edit2: Here is 0.3. Pretty basic, just added labels, fixed a miniscule bug and added the tags.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 01:30:49 PM by ViciouZ »

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2007, 02:26:43 PM »
Grats on 200 posts ( I just 300 last night)
I had no idea you were the developer of DP2:CE.  I'd love to test build 18, I'll get with you on MSN.
If upload a map with the same name does it replace it? I don't want to waste your bandwidth/space by trying it until I have a completed map.