Author Topic: Community Texture Pack (56k Warning)  (Read 78537 times)

WarWulf

• Autococker
Re: Community Texture Pack (56k Warning)
« Reply #260 on: October 05, 2007, 06:12:53 PM »
i dont know i wokred on it for about 6 days to get the layout of everything but i really have a lot to do for it, its broken at the moment and i sorta need jitspoes and 4thx help with it but i dont think they will want to help or have the time :P + i got other map projects im working on ub_abbey and a remake of rooftop

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #261 on: October 08, 2007, 02:42:01 PM »
WarWulf: Are those the textures you purchased?  I don't know if those would work with the license y00tz is trying to use for the texture pack.

WarWulf

• Autococker
« Reply #262 on: October 09, 2007, 08:04:16 PM »
eh im really good friends with the person i bought them off of. he allready basicly told me i can do what ever i want with them. he even said if i want i can tell everyone i made them myself. but id rather tell people he made them ;) im one of the only people who bought them. + i gave him my src code for my sniper game and he was really happy about that ;)

the container textures though. i did make!

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #263 on: October 09, 2007, 09:00:42 PM »
Even if he did give you permission to use them, make sure it's okay with him that you're distributing them freely.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #264 on: October 09, 2007, 10:55:01 PM »
Regardless, it's not GPL'd.  Thanks anyway WarWulf.

WarWulf

• Autococker
« Reply #265 on: October 10, 2007, 09:04:04 AM »
*shrugs* yeah ive allready asked him about me distributing them around but i dont know anything about getting them gpl'd. so i guess ill just use them for my maps :)

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #266 on: October 10, 2007, 09:17:39 AM »
*shrugs* yeah ive allready asked him about me distributing them around but i dont know anything about getting them gpl'd. so i guess ill just use them for my maps :)
Wrong!
All textures used with this game have to be GPL'd, I believe. You could probably attach a license to them, but that would be a pain.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #267 on: October 10, 2007, 04:18:46 PM »
Wrong!
All textures used with this game have to be GPL'd, I believe. You could probably attach a license to them, but that would be a pain.
Eh, not necessarily.  GPL is a little vague when it comes to media.  There are several projects that use proprietary media with GPL engines.  That said, I'd still like to get everything  put under the GPL just for simplicity.  Plus, the GPL is about distribution.  If you distribute non-gpl content by itself, there are no issues.  Distributing non-gpl content with a gpl game may be questionable, but I'm no lawyer.

WarWulf

• Autococker
« Reply #268 on: October 13, 2007, 04:19:30 AM »
the textures i bought wernt from any video game. my friend who made them actually made them using a digital camera and used his own personal software to make them tiled images! soo that shouldnt be a problem :)

hehe i allmost for got i had some airball tube textures too!!!

the tube part

end of tube

Nitroboy

• VM-68
« Reply #269 on: October 13, 2007, 07:08:27 PM »
What I would like to see is textures related to textures that you would normally see in halo. I don't know how someone would make it, but I think it would really add detail and more of a feel to certain maps. If you need an example of what the texture might look like, then I could take pictures later tonight, but only if you want/need them.This is just my two cents, but it would be nice to see textures like that.

P.S. yootz, I'm addicted to halo, please help me!

WarWulf

• Autococker
« Reply #270 on: October 13, 2007, 07:11:15 PM »
yeah i love halo. specially some of those 3d glass walls with the layers of writing! and the holographic displays that distort when you go into them :) i like how they have a bunch of animated lights everywhere in halo3 ive been thinking about making maps like that for sometime now. but the style of paintball is soo diffrent! it wouldnt feel right as a pball map :P unless it was Beaver Creek!! lol

Termin8oR

• Autococker
« Reply #271 on: October 13, 2007, 07:40:10 PM »
Wow WarWulf, those are nice textures.

DrRickDaglessMD

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #272 on: October 14, 2007, 10:53:24 AM »
What I would like to see is textures related to textures that you would normally see in halo. I don't know how someone would make it, but I think it would really add detail and more of a feel to certain maps. If you need an example of what the texture might look like, then I could take pictures later tonight, but only if you want/need them.This is just my two cents, but it would be nice to see textures like that.

P.S. yootz, I'm addicted to halo, please help me!

You have no idea how much I wish DP had decent sci-fi textures. No Idea. And hopefully you'll see why soon.

- Dagless MD

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #273 on: November 05, 2007, 11:55:10 AM »
I am working on the biggest batch of new textures yet... this will be under a compilation of known as the "Urban Pack".

I have spent the last week and this weekend photographing, so if you see me in IRC or in-game tell me to get my bum to work so I can finish this pack before the mapping contest deadline.

Included:

• New grass textures
  • New concrete textures
  • New concrete textures with filters and effects to resemble those needed in an urban/industrial environment
  • New textures to make buildings
  • New bricks
  • New tiles
  • New trim
  • New wood
  • New trees
  • New air conditioning and other miscellaneous electronics/widgets
  • New ceiling tiles
  • New fluorescent lights

Could be as little as 25 that turn out well, but I seriously expect this pack to be over 50 textures.

--------------

The Community Texture Pack ("CTP") is a user-lead, community-created texture compilation. It features many unique and high-resolution textures not found in the official release of Paintball II.

The current status of the CTP is at milestone 0.8, and features roughly 120-140 textures.  The CTP currently consists of:
  • CTP base
  • Introductory grass package
  • Concrete Pack I

But by milestone 1.0, the CTP team hopes to include a variety of Sci-Fi, outdoor, indoor, urban, and even "cartoonish" textures.

The CTP is available for download on DPCommunity sites such as OTB's FTP Server, Sk89q's Digital Paint Resource Site (digitalpaint.therisenrealm.com), and recently Leezer.com.

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #274 on: November 05, 2007, 06:42:10 PM »
Just one things I've noticed and I'm wondering if its just me whenever I look at the ground it looks as if I'm standing above the textures because they are pictures is there anyway this could be fixed (this is only with CTP stuff)?

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #275 on: November 06, 2007, 03:29:43 PM »
Gettin' close to the urban pack being finished...

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #276 on: November 06, 2007, 03:38:34 PM »
sweet!

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #277 on: November 06, 2007, 03:44:24 PM »
Hey there my 56k friend, I had no idea you'd ever been in this thread before :P

Would anyone like me to upload a good source image so you guys can see what I'm needing and so you can practice making textures yourself?

Here's a new dirt... haven't picked a shade for it yet
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 08:15:09 AM by y00tz »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #278 on: November 07, 2007, 02:04:25 PM »
How big are those footprints going to be? :)  The urban textures look good, but you'd better let people have some soon so they can use them in the mapping contest.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #279 on: November 07, 2007, 02:15:59 PM »
Hmm, I don't know, heh.  512/4 = 128;
1/10 or so * 128 = 12-13 pixels each? Eeek.  I'll just make them 256 HR4s which would make the foot prints feel about a few inches wide by about a foot long.

Thanks