Author Topic: Promo Video  (Read 10083 times)

y00tz

• Autococker
Re: Promo Video
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2007, 08:44:58 AM »
Quote from: S8NSSON
This is intermixed with still action shots in-game. Towards the end the screen fades to a still shot of a section of a map where you would normally see heavy positional fighting. This shot has no players in it, just the area of the map fading to the same area from different angles.

Hmm, I think it'd look great to have these shots in black in white, you know, desaturated so that they look kind of cold and empty, making the latter shots look impressive in contrast.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2007, 08:47:00 AM »
* KnacK thinks the official DP theme song should be used....

* KnacK looks @ keith - "Post a link to it!"

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2007, 09:03:42 AM »
I like the desaturation idea. You can even get fancy and do partial masked desaturations, or anything else dramatic and creative.

I think I have the tune at home. I know someone has it, and it's up on like MP3.com for free or something.

Here's the best vid i've ever done, I think: <removed>
it's 25 meg right click save as
it's Blitz VS BoB mostly Blitz kills.

Also, if you have the time grab this too. It's one kill by Blitz vs Envy. Most amazing DP play ever. You will laugh.
<removed> 18 megs, but worth it!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 03:00:35 PM by jitspoe »

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2007, 09:15:30 AM »
S8N: What crosshair is he using, and why are their balls so much brighter and easier to see?

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2007, 09:22:59 AM »
That is my crosshair, and the balls are modified larger and brighter in order to see them better.
This is all done on my work PC, which is not able to connect to anything outside my firewall.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2007, 03:00:15 PM »
That crosshair is actually included in build 18 now.

I don't want to encourage using modified content for the purpose of improved visibility, though, so I killed the links.

maxpower

• VM-68
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2007, 08:23:19 PM »
Lets record some matrix shots, and do slow-mo. Well i check ed the time and its at 3:00pm for me and im not home till about 3:30, think i still can get it?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 05:56:45 AM by maxpower »

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2007, 09:42:48 AM »
OK, two VERY urgent messages. Firstly the times for tonight:

• BST (anybody in britain) 21:00 - 00:00
  • CEST (anyone france, germany etc) 22:00 - 01:00
  • EST (US East coast) 15:00 - 18:00

Also, a plee to server owners in the US. Since Snipen offered me a GT but has not responded to replies, I'm looking for a server for these times TONIGHT with a login. I would also ask for another at the same time tomorrow as I going to change filming times to allow for more US players to attend. This isn't going to just be like a pub game, think of it as a chance to play on the same teams as more skilled players or those you've only played against. I hope some 20ID members will attend, that will make things interesting, if they put their money where their mouth is (and aren't a bunch of pathetic wankers).

See you all there!

WE NEED A SERVER! URGENT SERVER REQUESTNESS!

EDIT: Don't forget to idle #dppromo!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 11:32:59 AM by ViciouZ »

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2007, 01:20:15 PM »
if they put their money where their mouth is (and aren't a bunch of pathetic wankers)

What on earth does that mean?

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2007, 01:23:37 PM »
Well, last time I ever tried anything like this (which i have) all dt and crew do is moan, hurl insults then kick me from #20id. If they would just prove their record is there for a reason....

I admit i did term that in somewhat rough language.

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2007, 03:35:48 PM »
You might want to give some feedback on the actors ;D

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2007, 03:45:27 PM »
So who showed up? Some finnish kids or what? I bet it's going to be great! :D :D :D

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2007, 03:51:55 PM »
Please stop liberally drizzling spite over everything. You're just what I thought would come along. Somebody who thinks everything is bullexcrement but can't be arsed to do anything about it. This is not 20ID but you SkateR. You're the pathetic joke of a person who just loves to mock everybody else.

Now, back to the topic:

People who turned up:

Magalhaes
VeCToR
y00tz
Pureblood
PixelKiller
T3RR0R1ST
Olbaid (for a bit)
Gamabunta

User temp-banned for this post.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 06:53:10 PM by jitspoe »

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2007, 03:55:00 PM »
Skater wanted to come but we didnt let him thats why hes angry hehe ;D

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2007, 04:30:22 PM »
Oh boy, viciouz. Quite hilarious. I'm sorry a promo video of kids who have been playing for 2 months and can't double jump without a script isn't great publicity. I'm criticizing your video champ, I'm not picking on it. It's the truth, I'm sorry. You obviously can't handle it or you wouldn't get all upset over me saying so. Where did I ever say this idea excrement? Get your facts straight, kid. Notice everyone on that list, pureblood is like the biggest vet on there and he hardly plays. Who in the world is pixie killer? Gamabunta? I've never heard of half of those people. You should have made sure some decent people were going to show up.

Magalehaheahshez: I didn't want to come, actually.

User temp-banned for this post.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 06:53:20 PM by jitspoe »

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2007, 04:34:15 PM »
This is the point: I try to make decent people like you come, BUT YOU LAUGH IN MY FACE. Such is the point of my previous post.

Anyway, this is showing off the game, not the player's abilities.

Code: [Select]
[18:20] <skater> <pC^ViciouZ^byop> xtremebain xbain xb dirtytaco dt s8n lords8n s8nsson smoke bob blitz bub digi (oh and skater)
[18:20] <skater> <pC^ViciouZ^byop> you going to come film later? beat everyone else
[18:20] <skater> rofl
[18:20] <skater> youre going to like film bix and excrement
[18:20] <skater> make this game look horrible
[18:20] <skater> dont even film anyone
[18:20] <skater> cause everyone sucks

Code: [Select]
[18:24] <pC^ViciouZ^byop> ok then skater. you _used_ to boast about skill
[18:24] <pC^ViciouZ^byop> come and show that skill on everyone whos horrible
[18:24] <pC^ViciouZ^byop> and anyway
[18:24] <skater> no
[18:24] <dohgoh> / mp3 / -- 13-Styles P Ft. Bully-Leave Me Alone-RGF.mp3 -- size ›› 2.92mb
[18:24] <skater> ill come in with zgh
[18:24] <skater> and wallhack everyone
[18:24] <pC^ViciouZ^byop> kk
[18:24] <pC^ViciouZ^byop> i'll get the snazbotcam ready
[18:25] <skater> im serious
[18:25] <skater> you cam me the entire time
[18:25] <skater> and ill come in and wallhack
[18:25] <skater> put that in your promo vid
[18:25] <skater> member of a socially disadvantaged class

So who showed up? Some finnish kids or what? I bet it's going to be great! :D :D :D

You obviously knew it was on. You suspected some new players were going to play, you thought that that would be bad, but you couldn't be bothered to turn up, show some skill, or even try and get anyone else to.

Point proven?

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2007, 05:00:55 PM »
What point are you trying to prove? Are you trying to show that I didn't want to play? In that case, you're right. I could have told you that, lmao. Instead you wasted time copy/pasting logs to try and make yourself look good. Either way, look who showed up and look what I said on irc. Pretty sure I was correct.

You said you wanted skilled players, yet you just say it's not to show off the skill of players. What are you trying to show, if you want to show how the game is then record a demo of you moving in maps and excrement and fraps it.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2007, 05:14:03 PM »
Skater, i think he is just showing how unsupportive you are of his ideas to help the community. He obviously cares about it enough to spend his time helping the community grow. Where as you are pretty much the opposite, not content with rejecting new ideas, you then go on to ridicule them.

Not sure whats wrong with you tbh, maybe some sort of inferiority complex. A "two-week newbie" getting more attention than you, ouch :/

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2007, 05:19:09 PM »
Hey I will come where is the one today I'm not the best but I'll try to give you some competition by the way I can't go to the IRC thing can I go to the match still (my computer with IRC is broken).

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2007, 06:47:39 PM »
Lekky: Show me one example where I said this is a bad idea or where I have said anything good for the community is a bad idea. Please. He cares so much!!!!!! He is such a great member of this community!!!! YAY HE MADE A FRAPS MOVIE OF SOME DEMOS :D:D:D:D:D. Woohoo, go youtube digital paintball and you'll find other newbie that did too. If I were craving for attention I'd make stuff like this too, but I honestly do not care what you or anything else thinks about me. I hate to break it to you lekky. I've never once rejected a good idea. Are you upset cause I said moving to quakenet is stupid?