Author Topic: Build 18  (Read 6062 times)

BLONDIE

• Stingray
Build 18
« on: May 22, 2007, 02:15:48 PM »
Anyone having lag problems like me on build 18? I never use to have them..

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Build 18
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 02:38:36 PM »
Could you elaborate?

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 02:48:11 PM »
I lag extremely bad on build 18.

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 03:32:46 PM »
Everyone is saying that they are lag extremely bad with build 18. I don't lag on most servers, the only servers that I have lagged on are Graffiti Servers, however the admins there insist that it is build 18 and not their servers.

Y2J

• VM-68
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 03:59:15 PM »
yeah, the GT servers have too high of a user limit. once it reaches a certain threshold they lag 100x worse then the rest of the servers.

% of the time when someone with build 18 enters the server it causes lag, that probably is related to build 18;

but the overall amount of lag that has been occurring as of late, even before build 18 has to either be too many users on too poor of maps, 
too many people in the server in general (who the intercourse wants to play a 16vs16 game?), or just wherever the GT people get their servers lowering the quality.

personally I'd like to see all the servers cut down to 12 max, and have them all full with 12 people, instead of doing one server with 30 people, and the rest empty.

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2007, 06:11:04 PM »
yeah, the GT servers have too high of a user limit. once it reaches a certain threshold they lag 100x worse then the rest of the servers.

% of the time when someone with build 18 enters the server it causes lag, that probably is related to build 18;

but the overall amount of lag that has been occurring as of late, even before build 18 has to either be too many users on too bad of maps, 
too many people in the server in general (who the intercourse wants to play a 16vs16 game?), or just wherever the GT people get their servers lowering the quality.

personally I'd like to see all the servers cut down to 12 max, and have them all full with 12 people, instead of doing one server with 30 people, and the rest empty.

Baaaa Shaddap!!!  You might lag but the servers do not and never have. 

Obviously, you're the only one complaining about lag, overpopulation of servers on bad maps, ect...  GRaFFiTi servers has been the most populated servers around the clock since B18 was introduced and haven't done so bad prior to B18.

I'll be updating them soon...

Y2J

• VM-68
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007, 06:35:53 PM »
i'm not the only one complaining about it, i've seen many people on irc complaining about the increased lag, and kilo said the same thing in this topic.

i was just offering suggestions for what could reduce it and make the pub experience more enjoyable for people, instead of playing pro paint 1 or jump with 20 people, and not getting supplies.

nightryder

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2007, 06:46:52 PM »
i ahve been lagging a little more since i got b17. my ping used to be 75-85 and since i updated its now always in the nineties, and on ev1 servers its seems to get in the 130's and its not unusual to have my ping in the 100-110 range on any other server.

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2007, 06:59:56 PM »
Ok, I've updated the GRaFFiTi servers to B18.  Please PM me or email me and let me know if you still have lag issues.

I'm guessing that if there is noticeable lag since B18, the conflict might have something to do with the servers not being updated to the latest build.

As far as the map rotations, We of course have the best ones hence the full servers unless the only reason people were  to our servers was because they didn't like B18 and I hadn't updated the servers yet. LOL

Serously, lemme know if the lag issues continue but you're the first I've heard mention that.

The servers are updated and have been restarted.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2007, 07:20:30 PM »
take barrels out of the rotation, that map empties servers faster then the revival times in otb speed.

nightryder

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2007, 07:28:42 PM »
i tried out the graffiti servers since you updated them. they seem to be good with not bad ping and running smoothly but then all of a sudden every 30-45 seconds the game will freeze or go back and forth in the same spot, without that little pjack(?) picture showing up. i asked if others too were having the problem and they said that some were and some wernt. i dont know what it is but im just letting you know.

EDIT: we noticed that it lagged like this when someone that had b18 connected

Y2J

• VM-68
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2007, 07:34:47 PM »
i just got done playin since they have been updated - the biggest lag problem is definitely whenever someone with build 18 enters the server, there is a massive lag spike, I know Sharon has noticed this, and Nightryher was there when it just happened. I know you have no control over that one, and it's not your fault.

I think with the increased amount of people playing on a given map, there's obviously regular lag issues that deal with the quality of the map and the strength of the server. I'd like to think most people would rather do a 6v6 pub game at max, and have more filled 6v6 servers, then 1 server with 20.

But if I cared that much I would obviously get my own servers, I really wasn't attacking you guys (for a change), I was just suggesting something because I had heard of others complaining about increased lag lately, but maybe they were all complaining about the build 18 lag spike problem and not clarifying.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2007, 07:48:11 PM »
Starz and CC are in the process of matching, noone is joining, or leaving, but the lag is rediculous. Every 30 seconds it is a 3-5 second lag for everyone. This problem needs to be fixed.

lag at 13:37 even though it wasn't

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2007, 08:34:06 PM »
i was on graffiti pub when they were shutdown and updated. before this happened the servers had no lag and everything was smooth. but afterwards they started to lag horribly. it wasnt too bad at first but then it just started to get worse and worse. and it really does need to be fixed a.s.a.p

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2007, 08:40:54 PM »
I seem to be the only person who hasn't noticed any lag at all in the servers. >_>

MaDMaN

• VM-68
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2007, 08:46:58 PM »
the lag is horrible, Rounds lasted like 5 min on pbcup in the CC v STaRz match.

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2007, 09:21:10 PM »
EDIT: we noticed that it lagged like this when someone that had b18 connected

I haven't played since they have been updated but from what I have seen the above quote only happened on the Graffiti Servers.

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2007, 09:31:07 PM »
I also got the freeze ups and lag spikes throughout the game.  As soon as jitspoe sends me the last server update he sent me I'll be reverting the servers back as they were.  Snipen got mad because I updated them.  Makes no sense to register your name and your clan in the login system if you're not going to use the login system itself which is what B18 mainly is.  Although it is clear to me that B18 needs a lot more work both server side and client side.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2007, 01:02:23 AM »
I played for a good while on the EV1-Alt servers (updated to build 18) and experienced no lag, however a couple people did complain about the lag, which leads me to believe it's client-side.  If it were server-side, everybody would have experienced it, including me, but I had the netgraph up the whole time and it never spiked except for map loads.  Some of the descriptions above make it sound like it's server-side, though, like when you freeze and move back and forth and the phonejack icon.  Do these happen only on player connects?

I didn't realize Graffiti had updated or I would have tested there, too.  I will try to do that tomorrow if it's still running build 18.  I don't think I have the specific build that was up on graffiti before, but you should be able to run the gamei386.so file that came with build 16.  The build 18 paintball2 executable isn't really going to change much, and I would keep that up as it fixes some bugs.

Spook: That behavior sounds really strange.  What server was it on?  I'm not sure what your screenshot is showing.  You're getting over 300fps, so it doesn't look like framerate lag, and there's no netgraph to show any network lag.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2007, 01:36:32 AM »
I was playing on the same server as you, too- and ended up getting pjacked. No network anything for about 45 seconds before I gave up and rejoined. After that, though, everything worked.