Author Topic: Controler Help! please Help!  (Read 3756 times)

xzywy

Controler Help! please Help!
« on: May 26, 2007, 10:39:16 AM »
Hey. I just got DP last night (sweet) and so far its a sweet game. How ever, I'm having trouble configuring my joystick so that the right trigger aims the gun and the left one moves me. Pleases help!

Eiii

• Autococker
Re: Controler Help! please Help!
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2007, 11:37:43 PM »
I'm not sure that paintball has joystick movement support. There's pretty much no way for you to actually play (well) like that, so I'd just drop it and do standard keyboard-and-mouse.

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2007, 05:49:29 PM »
You can use a joystick or joypad with DP. I tried it out a few times, and came back to mouse + keyboard. I don't think its worth the trouble setting up, so these might help. I made these a while ago. Load them from the "Load Configuration File" menu after you unzip it to "\paintball2\pball\configs". Use "joy.cfg" for a joystick, and "pad.cfg" for a joypad. Not sure if they will work right though.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 12:41:08 PM »
Right trigger?  You mean right analog stick?  Go into the advanced joystick section and set the X and Y to sidestep and forward, then the Z and R to look and turn.  Or maybe the other way around.  Something like that.  You'll really want to be using a keyboard and mouse, though.  There's no way you can compete with a joystick.

Cobo

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 02:41:16 PM »
I tried playing DP2 with an xbox controller once, I couldnt get an axis to work the way I wanted it to work from DP2. I had to modify the axis to act as anotherr axis through a tool that came with the driver.

Feng_Shui

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2007, 05:40:03 PM »
so yea you totally cant use the joystick but i wouldnt agree that you cannot compete with a joystick if set up right it would be one of the best ways to play a game like this you just need to add options for hotkeys for the joystick on mine i got 8 diffrent buttons that can be used but you dont have an option to set them to hotkeys that would be the best

Cobo

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2007, 05:46:25 PM »
Hm, DP2 supports 32 joystick buttons.
You just bind them the same way as keys.