Author Topic: BUSHIDO tryouts  (Read 2323 times)

soldier

• VM-68
BUSHIDO tryouts
« on: May 27, 2007, 11:06:51 AM »
ALright, up until now, for BUSHIDO, we have just been recruiting people without tryouts, based on the observations of leaders on the performance of players. If that dosn't make much sense it basicaly means : If a leader is playing in a server and see's someone that is good, or the clan could use, they will ask them to join.
Anyway, the clan has been going downhill, and I have already been in a clan that died very quickly, and it was not an experience I would like to repeat. For that reason, and for a few others, we are going to start having tryouts for anyone who is interested.
So if you are interested in joining a clan, please let me know here, and we will shecdule one for you.
Finaly, the first few members to join will be seriously considered for leadership (by the way, this is NOT just a lure or a lie to get lot's of people to join). So if you join now, and you show any degree of an affinity for leadership, and show that you can be trusted, you may be promoted to leadership of some degree, but I am NOT making any promises, so please no nagging about getting a leadership if you don't get it right away.

lekky

• Autococker
Re: BUSHIDO tryouts
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 11:46:07 AM »
soldier. Do you have an irc channel or a website? Please read my New Clan Guide. It will help you organise a clan that has a chance of surviving.

soldier

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2007, 12:10:09 PM »
Come on this is a serious topic, no off topic posts, that means you kilo! Lekky, thank you for the guide I will read it. One of our members is making a site, and I am working on getting an irc channel.

FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO JOIN BUSHIDO

If you are going to join BUSHIDO, look at this link :

http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=6047.0

Go to the page 2, and look the posts by me, keep looking down the page until you see a big colourful chart, and read that.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 12:40:49 PM by soldier »

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2007, 04:50:04 PM »
So is there like a military leadership ladder system?

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2007, 06:55:41 AM »
you may as well download mirc in that case, then you can keep in contact with each other and also integrate yourselves into the clanning community.?

Ruthzilla

• PGP
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2007, 12:43:38 PM »
oh yeah I guess that would work too.  I downloaded Mirc awhile ago and I couldn't get it to connect and it was making me mad so i deleted it.   So I'll ask my fiance to get it work    :)

soldier

• VM-68
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2007, 06:13:38 PM »
Hey ruth, this is your first pot of seen. Anyway, I am going to have thw administrator on my computer (because I'm not the administrator) install it as soon as possible, aswell as xfire.
Also, for anyone in BUSHIDO, there will soon be a change in the command sturcture, the concept is the same, but it will be quiet different. I have yet to update the link I posted above, but I will soon.
Also, if anyone cares, I fianly figured out what BUSHIDO means. It is a code that Japanese military officers and ancient warriors swear to, and it obligates them to never surrender, never give up, and fight to the death for the conutry and the emporor. I am not japanese, so I don't know if it's still used, but I read it in a book the other day.

Ruthzilla

• PGP
BUSHIDO
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2007, 07:57:14 PM »
Oh yeah I just looked it up.. I should have done this before cos the internet has everything! lol  So now if people ask we can tell them we are "Way of the Warrior" hehe

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bushido

Bushidō (武士道, Bushidō?), meaning "Way of the Warrior", is a Japanese code of conduct and a way of life, loosely analogous to the European concept of chivalry. Bushidō developed between the 11th to 14th centuries as set forth by numerous translated documents dating from the 12th to 16th centuries (as mentioned below). However, some dependable sources also state the document might have been formulated in the 17th century. According to the Japanese dictionary Shogakukan Kokugo Daijiten, "Bushidō is defined as a unique philosophy (ronri) that spread through the warrior class from the Muromachi (chusei) period."

The core tenets of Bushidō date from as early as the 12th century as demonstrated by the earliest translations of Japanese literature and warrior house codes. Honor codes are still used today.[citation needed] Under the Tokugawa Shogunate, Bushidō became formalized into Japanese Feudal Law.[1]

Nitobe Inazō, in his book Bushidō: The Soul of Japan, described it in this way. "...Bushidō, then, is the code of moral principles which the samurai were required or instructed to observe... More frequently it is a code unuttered and unwritten... It was an organic growth of decades and centuries of military career."

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2007, 08:23:12 PM »
Ruthzilla quit double posting!!! >:(

And you don't have to make all your text a different color and size.

Ruthzilla

• PGP
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2007, 09:41:38 PM »
don't worry about what i post in what color and what size. I can use what ever I want.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2007, 10:10:56 PM »
she's got you there lol

TinMan

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2007, 10:21:57 PM »
I <3 Code of the Samurai

soldier

• VM-68