Author Topic: New map: AirTime 4 (beta1)  (Read 8136 times)

SubZero

• PGP
New map: AirTime 4 (beta1)
« on: May 28, 2007, 07:42:57 PM »
This is another variation of airtime3 almost the same :)

i don't think i have to add screen shots every one knows what air time is right. (at least i hope so)

Eiii

• Autococker
Re: New map: AirTime 4 (beta1)
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2007, 07:57:04 PM »
1: VIS/RAD your maps. You have no reason not to.
2: Don't decompile other people's maps without their permission. Since this is your first posts here, I'll assume you don't have permission.

nightryder

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2007, 08:08:37 PM »
it looks like you made all the jumps that you cant do easier so you can do them. that second flag is bad there is only one way in and one way out. that will be easy to camp. all those poles in the mid are ugly. theres alot of places where the textures you put in dont look right and light the map.
 long story short i think you should leave the airtime series to s8n because he does them best

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2007, 08:20:50 PM »
it looks like you made all the jumps that you cant do easier so you can do them. that second flag is bad there is only one way in and one way out. that will be easy to camp. all those poles in the mid are ugly. theres alot of places where the textures you put in dont look right and light the map.
 long story short i think you should leave the airtime series to s8n because he does them best

Pretty much the same thoughts here. However I do like the idea of the platforms from one end to the other, only without the poles.

SmackWaters

• VM-68
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2007, 08:22:07 PM »
lit:

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2007, 08:29:53 PM »
That looks a little better but still he should just say intercourse it and delete it.

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2007, 08:42:35 PM »
The creator of the AirTime 420 franchise does not approve of this map.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2007, 08:54:16 PM »
How about a feedback?

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2007, 09:45:16 PM »
lit:

How is this any different than what the original poster did?  As Eiii said earlier...

1: VIS/RAD your maps. You have no reason not to.
2: Don't decompile other people's maps without their permission. Since this is your first posts here, I'll assume you don't have permission.

Funny though, considering Eiii posted that...

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2007, 10:48:48 PM »
Funny though, considering Eiii posted that...
Wha?

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2007, 10:59:57 PM »
Remember the discussion we had about editing other people's source code?

It wasn't a personal attack or anything.. an optimistic hope of change, if anything.

Cobo

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2007, 11:08:36 PM »
All Eiii did was modify 2 lines of a file in an attempt to help ViciouZ complete his tool. He didnt made a separate thread with a "variation" of the tool.
Also, IMO, decompiling a bsp map is complete different than modifing a batch file. If airtime was meant to be released for modification it would have been released with the .map file.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2007, 11:12:37 PM »
Remember the discussion we had about editing other people's source code?

It wasn't a personal attack or anything.. an optimistic hope of change, if anything.
Oh, I see. Yes, Cobo said basically what I would have.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2007, 11:58:36 PM »
This is another variation of airtime3 almost the same :)

i don't think i have to add screen shots every one knows what air time is right. (at least i hope so)

Anyway, to give you the fair feedback you deserve...
-jumps are too easy
+second flag is cool
-flag is too easy
+I like the long series of ramps in the sky
-barrels are kind of useless now.

But SubZero, come on, this map is literally a modified version of Aitrime3, perhaps try something more creative?
Just take some of the cool features and ideas you added, and put them in one map.
I don't recommend that you release that first map, but just practice a lot, then come back to us with some new kickass map that will make us all drool and giggle like little girls.

Cheers, and good luck,
y00tz

S8NSSON:
How sweet is that, you're 420th post refers directly to the number 420.

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2007, 09:11:13 AM »
I make all my .map files available.

I do this so people can examine my maps and see how they are made, even grab a few things out to use in their own maps if they like. I really don't even mind if some does a remake (pbcup_renoir for instance), but a #4 version with some ridiculous modifications on top of my own #3 ridiculous modifications, I don't like it.

Bottom line is you can really do whatever you want. If you're a respectful person you might heed my disapproval, otherwise you'll just continue on with it. We'll all know more about your character from what you decide, though.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2007, 10:15:03 AM »
I make all my .map files available.

I do this so people can examine my maps and see how they are made, even grab a few things out to use in their own maps if they like. I really don't even mind if some does a remake (pbcup_renoir for instance), but a #4 version with some ridiculous modifications on top of my own #3 ridiculous modifications, I don't like it.

Bottom line is you can really do whatever you want. If you're a respectful person you might heed my disapproval, otherwise you'll just continue on with it. We'll all know more about your character from what you decide, though.

SubZero,

I would seriously think about what Keith has said here....

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2007, 11:22:23 AM »
What dont people understand STOP remaking or continuing series with out permission it honestly pisses me off.

Its simple even if he does make the map server owners just dont add it.

Subzero... Listen to us do not release this map.

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2007, 11:49:09 AM »
Furthermore, if you're going to remake a map or make another version of it in a series, don't begin to do so until you have either 1.) envisioned some serious positive changes for the map or 2.) discovered ways to make it look and flow a lot better. I would have never remade renoir had it not been for the huge number of things different between renoir.bsp and pbcup_renoir.bsp that I think impact the map and gameplay in a positive way. I would have never remade sassault had it not been for the same reason although here there were less major changes to the map, but rather  major changes to the way the map looked and flowed. Changes i felt worthy of creating a remake.

Basically if you're going to remake a map or make another map in a series, only do so if you have either 1.) or 2.) in mind, preferably both. This map, airtime4_beta1.bsp does not seem to uphold either of those ideas. Very few things have been changed and the changes seem to impact the gameplay and flow of the map in a negative way as well as making it look worse in general.

SubZero

• PGP
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2009, 11:24:18 PM »
i understand all of what u guys have said and now are replying probably 2 years later anyways this is what i wanted to say was yeah this map is excrement and im surprised u guys acctually gave me feed back and not ripped me apart i know i would have made fun of myself in this situation, also i have taken into consideration all you have told me and now have released another map one all my own =) it would mean alot to me if you checked it out and made some comments but i promise you this map is at least a 7 on a rating of 1 to 10 check it out please the name of the map is champion made by me subzero and one last comment im sorry S8NSSON for ruining your map i had no right to do that i will never do it again

UDead

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2009, 02:05:58 AM »
wheres SS's?