Author Topic: New Map: Chambord2  (Read 7440 times)

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
New Map: Chambord2
« on: May 29, 2007, 02:33:59 PM »
As anyone who saw it knows: My first map, chambord, was a horrific blocky brush massacre.

This is chambord2, it's a daytime castle-siege map.

There really isn't any more to say, so please criticise constructively, and enjoy :-).

http://www.viciouz.co.uk/other/maps/chambord2_b1.bsp

Screenshots below.

magalhaes

• Autococker
Re: New Map: Chambord2
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 03:15:58 PM »
much better.
if someone grabs he caps lol
i was going to say:" WHAT just one way into the castle???" but then i sau that side entrance.
I think you should add some more cover outside tho
gj anyway :)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 03:41:27 PM by magalhaes »

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 03:32:22 PM »
Thats what I was thinking, matze and i just playtested it with some pubbers on the ch1ll pub.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 03:37:27 PM »
Uploaded to y00tz's Venue

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 03:41:39 PM »
What I really want to see is what happens when 20 speed pub newbs get their hands on it before I've added more spawns.

bitmate

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2007, 03:44:22 PM »
- Tweak the battlements so that you can drop through them down to the flag (like on siegecastle, e.g.).
- The two speedways at each front corner of the fort are to narrow to "fly" through them without being stopped immediatelly.
- More cover for offensive team :P

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2007, 03:47:55 PM »
- The two speedways at each front corner of the fort are to narrow to "fly" through them without being stopped immediatelly.
That's the reason there are ramps, so you can jump over them, but I think I like your idea better.

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2007, 03:48:56 PM »
Might be cool if you could make entrances into the castle after the end of the water left and right.

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2007, 03:50:58 PM »
Matze suggested that in-game, I'm thinking of removing one of the grates and making a cellar.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2007, 04:21:37 PM »
Uhh did my post before get removed? I swear I made a post. Any way here it is again

1st Screenshot:
This is just way too dark, you can't see a thing inside the tower. 
2nd Screenshot:
More cover and and an alternate path are a must for the offensive team.  I could have camped and sprayed and taken the entire offensive team out.
3rd Screenshot:
Remove the grate or make the water flow less hard, getting stuck in there is a pain.
4th Screenshot:
Sun doesn't line up w/ shadows.  Maybe use the sun angle things and switch up the lighting.

Spook

• Autococker

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2007, 06:47:23 PM »
You could possibly put a path along one of the sides, like make a ledge on top of one of the walls.

Maybe even in a lttle more clutter inside the castle and as everyone else said outside.

Other than that it is looking good.

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2007, 06:59:37 PM »
There are a ton of errors and messed up excrement in this map, too much that I'm not even going to take the time to screen shot it.

Your raised land on the hills are actually above the ground by like 1 unit, your spiral stair case is extremely messed up, the grates stick out of the wall and are unaligned, the barrels are too tall and unaligned, the wall work is really bad and sloppy with gigantic spaces in it and stuff. It looks like all you did was take wedges and lay them on top of eachother.

If you fixed all of that it wouldn't be bad.

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2007, 10:33:28 PM »
Clutter that field up. You could also put in underground-ish bunkers. ie a tunnel leading to a hole in the ground that faces the castle (like under the barrels). I'd show you an example, but its late and I don't feel like it. :P

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2007, 12:08:08 AM »
What I think -
1. You overtried to create cool looking cliffs - they look pretty sad atm (see screenshots).
2. I think the size of those castle bricks is way too big, but that is just a personnal opinion.
3. Those new routes coming sound good ;).
 So, rather go with | walls than try something like that. Texture is good enough - Everyone can understand that there should be a cliff - not necessary to detail it like that. Would be good though.
sshots of bad cliffs
http://www.zone.ee/scythe/sshot095.jpg?2
http://www.zone.ee/scythe/sshot096.jpg?2

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2007, 03:35:21 AM »
Pretty much all of those points are valid, and I'll start on fixing them. The cliffs do look bad :-(
Anyway, y00tz and KiLo, download the attached demo.

Also, is there a way to rotate the sky instead of changing the sun?

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2007, 04:12:41 AM »
sky sky 10 :P

But it isn't that, what you want to have ;)

y00tz

• Autococker
Chambord2 Beta 2
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2007, 01:42:53 PM »
Here is the new beta, I got it from ViciouZ

-stripped rocks away
-added some crates
-tweaked battlements for bitmate
-added side "speedways" for matze
-added cellar

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2007, 02:39:12 PM »
Quite good not near as blocky (yay! :) ) there is two minor errors both with the screen shots below for screen shot 1 not a biggy but would make it look better if fixed so there wasn't a hole and screen shot 2 you could line or camp and shoot through there and it would, not even be funny other than that though excellent work viciouz.

bitmate

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2007, 03:52:18 PM »
I think it's done on purpose (at least on the first shot).

Once the offensive team is in the tower, they should be able to shoot into the base, without being hit easily.
For the second shot, it's vice versa, the defensive team is able to kill the offensive in the tower.

Just my thought...