Author Topic: Would this match idea work?  (Read 5186 times)

atmays

• Autococker
Would this match idea work?
« on: May 30, 2007, 10:31:23 PM »
What if someone made a big map with multi paths similar to ub 4 cliff as far as the teams is set up. Then , excuse me if this has already been done, 4 teams like 20id, CC, StarZ, Darkness, could do like a 5 v 5 v 5 v 5. I think that would be very interesting.

What do yall think about the map and match idea.

I think the biggest fear of the clans involved would be not comin in last place.

what do yall think would come of the match between these 4 ? who would win?

My predictions

1.20ID ,2. CC , 3.Darkness , 4.starz

blaa

• Autococker
Re: Would this match idea work?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 12:44:01 AM »
sure it would be fun, but 20ID would say that it is 2ez and then kick you from their channel. Starz wouldnt have 5 on when the time is right. And then dystro from CC would say that the map is horrible and they wouldnt play 5v5 against cD. cD had been practising for the match for along though, for sure.

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 06:47:05 AM »
*STaRz* and [CC] would wait until .cD. and [20ID] are eliminated and can't respawn, then they would trade caps up until 45.

My predictions are on *STaRz* to win:
*STaRz*: 51
[CC]: 48
[20ID]: 3
.cD.: 1

MosEz

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 07:12:22 AM »
lol

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2007, 10:14:39 AM »
This is a nice idea but you guys should try it with some other pub clans...this is the kind of match that wouldn't work with those better clans...they just want wins not to have a good time.

bitmate

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2007, 10:21:23 AM »
From my old memories, playing on a 3- / 4-teams-map was never any fun.
You had to wait for hours til 2 (or 3) teams got eliminated (well, must be the fact of playing newbies).

For matches, this won't work very well in my opinion, because the fact that you don't revive will lead into trade caps, like Jesse already mentioned. So, it won't get any tactical, but first rushes to the mid, eliminating all but one of each other team will win.

Boring.

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2007, 10:33:12 AM »
I disagree.if the teams were just looking for some fun match or scrim or whatever the teams wont just cap and let the other team cap...that doesn't even make any sense for newbies like me that dont want to WIN ALL MATCHES SCRIMS AND EVERYTHING.

p.s. wow not even 1 comma...i will give like 1 euro to those who understand that...:/

bitmate

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2007, 10:42:29 AM »
Paypal me... LOL.

Speaking of fun matches / scrims / "real" matches doesn't make any sense in this context, though.
This map format simply does NOT work in any kind of match. It's okay for public, though

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2007, 12:33:23 PM »
we can take cD (only if frozer plays tho).

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2007, 01:17:52 PM »
*STaRz* and [CC] would wait until .cD. and [20ID] are eliminated and can't respawn, then they would trade caps up until 45.

My predictions are on *STaRz* to win:
*STaRz*: 51
[CC]: 48
[20ID]: 3
.cD.: 1

flagcapendsround. have fun.

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2007, 02:54:40 PM »
Ummm.... no offense but I don't think it would really work with such good teams sorry to break it to you atmays.
b00nlander:

Rofl b00nlander you always put peoples ideas away so easily lol ;D

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2007, 06:34:32 PM »
The mechanics for 4-team matches need to be reworked a bit, and there aren't any good multi-path maps.  There have been 4-team matches in the past, though.

And lol @ Bain.

Termin8oR

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2007, 11:57:16 PM »
LoL
Nice idea, but i think this would be a pointless match because its hard enough to find a 3v3 let alone a 5v5v5v5.
and when setting the date no-one ever can agree on one or never shows up.

if this idea does get going, i have a couple good mapping idea's i would like to try out.

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2007, 06:36:11 AM »

You're just jealous that atmays left MeMi out of the game.

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2007, 09:53:20 AM »
actually I was quite serious about it.  If you enable flagcapendsround, you won't have your opponents trade caps endlessly, and might even end up having fun.

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2007, 02:44:27 PM »
Ya b00n is right I don't think he would be that mad about such a minor thing though it was still funny.

soldier

• VM-68
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2007, 12:46:15 PM »
I think an awesome idea for a map would be a navy sort of thing. I know it sounds dumb, and I haven't spent a ton of time thinking about this, so just hear me out. There would be a bunch of huge ships, like cargoships or battleships, with multiple levels, and mabey it would be cool as a seige, and you come off one ship, and go to the next one and try and overtake it. Ya that would be awesome, and you could incorporate your four team idea by having multiple ships. It would suck if it wasn't done right though.
Also, is there any way to make a turret sort of thing that shoots either paintballs or grenades ? Because that would be soooooooo awesome if you made some in the ship idea I had. Also, if there's not, would it be possible to custom desgin one, and if so how long would it take and how much effort ?

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2007, 12:57:10 PM »
He wants peoples opinions on his match idea not on maps that could be made you just should have made a separate topic

soldier

• VM-68
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2007, 05:03:19 PM »
I'm not gona make a seperate topic about such a sketchy idea apocalypse, and I posted it here to give him an idea for this 4 way map he says he wants to make.
By the way, isn't there some sort of terrain you can make (like a pannel or something) that whenever anything touches it, it shoots the thing off?

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2007, 12:34:04 PM »
Soldier lots of people start topics on "sketchy" ideas he isn't making a map he is talking about a match bettween the four best teams on a four team match.