Author Topic: New Frozen Ub_Cliff  (Read 6501 times)

Termin8oR

• Autococker
New Frozen Ub_Cliff
« on: January 13, 2005, 11:54:30 AM »
I Have just currently finished my frozen ub_cliff map, with wars permission of course. I will have ScreenShots up in the next couple of days but in the mean time i would like to send it to every server owner and allow others to play and have fun on it as well.

Map By: Termin8oR & Neo-3000
-Termin8oR

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2005, 04:17:01 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 01:20:05 AM by Dirty_Taco »

Fyre

• VM-68
Re: New Frozen Ub_Cliff
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2005, 05:04:57 PM »
Well said.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2005, 01:42:19 PM »
No offense, but just copying a map and changing the textures is... more wasted space in the maps directory.  Personally I thought ub_cliff was one of the better LOOKING maps in rotation, the problem was the chokepoint in the middle where people just crouch and spray.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2005, 01:28:53 AM »
you guys suck. never an encourging word

sounds fun term , ignore those old heckles . matter of fact you guys remind me of the hecklers from the muppet show :)

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2005, 01:06:48 PM »
When small maps get this numerous, we may need to heckle!

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2005, 10:48:54 PM »
"the problem was the chokepoint in the middle where people just crouch and spray. "
 almost every map has that to a degree , KOTH.bsp nuf said

stop your bantering
you a bunch of grumpy old programmers .
when the heck did that map become small ?

termi make that map I will play it ...... 8)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2005, 02:10:44 PM »
Almost every map is poorly designed. ;)

At least in koth, you people are running around getting different items so not everyone rushes to the center at once.  Some people rush with the pgp, some pick up some generic weapons, and some wander around in the base for five minutes looking for co2, lol.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2005, 04:39:24 PM »
I love rushing in KOTH with ppg and the first steel barrell i find . I dont even bother trying to get air by the time i get a barrell , a gun and some air one of two things happen;
1 round is over
2 I am dead along with looking and feeling like a newb .

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2005, 06:34:41 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 01:19:50 AM by Dirty_Taco »

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2005, 10:00:41 PM »
 Have you ever not agreed with him, yawn . ::) 
 im joshing you bro (no pun intended) 

In KOTH if your able to gain high ground first (tower) with a decent weapon you can pin down e from advancing , let me show you :)

If Jitspoe would be kind enough to make a PPG class sniper weapon it would eliminate rushers and sprayers , both of which you have all grown to despise. But untill then ....... here is something to stuff your mouf with , read on.

Naysayers, hello? Don't more people in the server promote more a challeging game? I mean this , the more people in the game the more complex it becomes thus forcing you to  adapt to new strategies , period .

Along with to many other players playing you dont like people to be able to use the strategy of fire supressing your enemy , this is a basic rules of warfare gentlemen. Why are you complaing ?

Now I can agree to the point of "well what fun is about sitting and waiting for the sray to stop" The fun is this ,risking your neck to advance your unit , it is called team work.  What do yall think?

If you say "well there is no strategy" involved in spraying an entry point I say "Adapt and Overcome" its a basic skill set needed for combat. In combat there is no whining aloud. So should it be here .

I will tell you why your not happy with alot of current dp issues , your used to winning mabey even addicted well mabey not a addicted but you are all dics.  ;D j/k

This goes for everyone and goes with out saying . To fucus on haveing fun first and enjoy the way our game is evolving . If you dont why do you play ?

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2005, 10:17:51 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 01:19:47 AM by Dirty_Taco »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2005, 10:32:53 PM »
They need to just update the servers so it will load maps depending on the player count...

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2005, 11:45:35 PM »
   Most of the maps you mentioned you have to race to get your equiment. That does not bode well is the server is full , which i have already made a clear valid and fair point which was ignored , like most people ideas are, This is sad but yet true .

(ya cant pleaz everone ya know). 

Almost all combat senarios dont make you run and find something before you can start truly playing . That undienabley takes away from the game play in regards to engaging the enemy.

I have also made my point on this forum before and was dismissed (big suprise huh) about the fairness to those who have slower isp's , slower cpu's. Spawning is never equal . Remeber again how it feels to rush to weapon and not getting anything .

What I seek is you your anwser to this , "what is worse no weapon , or weapon at spwan "  :-\

Let see you play with only PPG and ten paintballs and how long your fun last . Especially if your new.

How can you call you self fair? Ok so you never have said you were.

just give me what i want and I will go away  muhahaha
loialstumpskin  >:(

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2005, 11:16:21 AM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 01:19:44 AM by Dirty_Taco »

Stryker

• PGP
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2005, 11:26:54 AM »
well... thats not true the part of everyone having the same gun... on ub_cliff theres 2 diff types of guns :-P

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2005, 05:57:54 PM »
yeah i win  ;D
did someone mention spirits?

I remember some of the older larger indoor maps when I was newtoo , Walking around with no freaking clue what do and wondering what the hell is this supossed to be spinning in front of me  , and getting popped staring at all the new objects and wondering why i cant pick up more items . Yeah that was fun  >:(

(really though it was fun i just had to adapt) and reading the faw helped to :)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2005, 08:00:57 PM by loial21 »

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2005, 04:42:22 PM »
"faq".

Anyway, noobs un-become noobs faster when they read the FAQ. Or just look at the old docs.

DP is actually a simple, noob-friendly game. To play, anyway. To be able to be good enough to play and have fun is a ton harder.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2005, 07:19:11 PM »
"faq u"  >:( buddy.

How aboot I use you as my spell checker.  :-[

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2005, 07:50:07 PM »
Sure.

"About".