Author Topic: New Jumpmaps  (Read 2933 times)

Pimp

New Jumpmaps
« on: January 16, 2005, 01:48:43 PM »
hey guys

i have createt 2 new jumpmaps:

Jump4, this map in hard: Hardjump2

and another map: Indorjump6.

i would be happy if you give me a feedback to the maps,
and if you would be good enough to inform me, if there are other jumpmaps i didn't know, as:
-lostjump
-slowjump5
-ddjump2
-newbjumps
-forkjumping
and pimpjumps2

many thanks, pimp

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2005, 05:28:47 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 01:19:58 AM by Dirty_Taco »

LAN@wasted

• PGP
Re: New Jumpmaps
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2005, 03:58:01 PM »
firstly.... hardjump? HARDjump?  H A R D jump???  come on, im probably the worst jumper of all non-newbies around, and even i made it in 17:22 :) 
I guess some folks can do that map in about 4-5 minutes, and i didnt even find 1 hard jump (but falling off the rails really sux).

secondly....  DT, he might have a problem which i had (and still have) on one (and only one!) of my maps:  that map seems to be really bright, and the textures brightened up, just as on mine.  What is up with that? There is an error occuring each time I want to compile my map, saving something with MAX-Lighting, no clue what that is, but its definitely weird.  And, of course, after having that error, he wont finish compiling, leaving the entities alone, so none of those things work. Could you please give help on that?

thx

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2005, 04:18:36 PM »
Is your map really large and open?  If so, that causes a lot of problems with the q2 engine.   Sounds like you might have too much surface area for lighting.  One way to resolve this is to scale the textures up (in the editor, not the images themselves).  This will, in turn, scale up the lightmaps, so smaller lightmaps will cover more area.

Pimp

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2005, 01:12:41 AM »
i'm sorry for the wrong name, i'm cant speek well english....  :'(
and the hardjump is the jump4 map in hard, that means not that it is really hard, only that its harder than the other. this maps are not for exerts, i now that, but for noobs who want to train al little bit, i think this maps are verry vell...
and for other jumpmaps i found a good link with lots of jumpmaps: 29.7 mb Jumpmaps

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2005, 10:56:24 AM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 01:19:55 AM by Dirty_Taco »

LAN@wasted

• PGP
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2005, 04:12:16 PM »
Is your map really large and open? If so, that causes a lot of problems with the q2 engine. Sounds like you might have too much surface area for lighting. One way to resolve this is to scale the textures up (in the editor, not the images themselves). This will, in turn, scale up the lightmaps, so smaller lightmaps will cover more area.

actually, that map is completely indoor.  and what do you mean with "scale the textures up"?  i made a small room, and after finishing it enlarged it to 10 times the size.... is that what you were talking about? Cuz if, then it causes another problem to me:  now i get an error like "MAX_PATCHES", does that mean to many brush-parts? and how do I resolve that?  thx for helping :)

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2005, 05:35:56 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 01:19:53 AM by Dirty_Taco »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2005, 06:43:32 PM »
In bsp: click on a surface, hit S, then change the sx and sy values to like 3, then hit apply face or apply brush.  That will scale up the texture.  Also, if you try googling for the exact error you got, you might find some helpful tips. ;)

Pimp

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2005, 03:45:41 AM »
Dirty, i dont compile the map with final compile, because a jumpmap doesn't has to look verry good, and the size of the file is verry bigger than when i compile it only simple. i'm makeing a new map, a fight map, then i have to make lights and to final compile it.
 ;D ;D ;D