Author Topic: Christianity and (real) paintball.  (Read 3944 times)

Fullmetal_Steeb

• 68 Carbine
Christianity and (real) paintball.
« on: June 09, 2007, 01:50:39 PM »
Every time I go to play paintball, there's always three or four religious nuts there. not always the same ones, either. It gets really annoying listening to them talk about God and stuff while I'm trying to eat lunch between games, and it's actually gone so far as one of them making a bible reference during a speedball match. ??? I'm pretty sure God never mowed anyone down with an Angel and 24+ balls-per-second goodness. And its not just these guys I know. Other people on the internet I talk to about paintball say that it happens at the fields they play at too. It's like theres a big light over all paintball fields with a big neon sign that says "Religious people, gather here!"

What is it about paintball that seems to make christians want to go and spread the "good word" while shooting people. You dont see them acting all religiousy at other things like football games, or the super-walmart, or any other normal human activities, so why the sport I play. Im not a very religious person, so yes it is pretty dumb when other guys tell me I should become a christian and be, quote, "saved". The same people never bring it up at school, or when we play in high school soccer games.

I dont mean this post to be taken as offensive, or anti-christ by any means, but why do they have to do it when I'm trying to let off some steam and relax a little on the weekends? Just thought I would ask, seeing as how there could be some other people here who actually play.

y00tz

• Autococker
Re: Christianity and (real) paintball.
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2007, 01:54:05 PM »
Can't religious people go blow off steam too?  If they talk about religion all the time, and you talk about non-religious stuff all the time, what's wrong with it?
I'd actually rather eat lunch and listen to religious stuff than eat lunch and listen to someone who cusses like they've just got out of the Navy.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2007, 02:01:20 PM »
Y00tz i don't think the complaint is specifically about them talking about religion, but as he put it "guys tell me I should become a christian and be, quote, "saved". I think thats out of order to be honest. Fullmetal_Steeb, I hope you have an open mind to respect other peoples "beliefs", but why need be saved if you intend to live an honest decent life anyway.

Fullmetal_Steeb

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2007, 02:05:04 PM »
touché, y00tz. touché... XD...

my complaint is mostly that if i wanted to hear it, i would go to church.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2007, 02:06:12 PM »
I just feel that he's stereotyping all Christians as annoying people who want him to not enjoy paintball :P

my complaint is mostly that if i wanted to hear it, i would go to church.

My advice Steeb, is to just be frank and tell them you're not interested and that they're turning you away.  I guess you have to consider the mind set... it's literally the life-long mission of a Christian to BRING their beliefs to others.  Followers of the faith feel they are saving someone from a lifetime of pain and torture...

Fullmetal_Steeb

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2007, 02:09:42 PM »
XD yes all christians are out to ruin my paintballage experiences... better crank up that regulator velocity!

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2007, 10:22:30 PM »
Ugh. One thing I don't like is religious nuts acting stupid and making people like me look bad, because we are both "Christians" (the word "Christians" is inside quotes because that is a very broad categorization). I saw allot of this type of thing when I was at school down south. It sickens me, having people going nuts about stuff that doesn't really matter at all, and completely missing the important matters.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2007, 10:49:06 PM »
I tell them i am atheist and that god is a lie to keep people from having fun.

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2007, 11:57:46 PM »
Quod is eram diabolus ut venit sursum ex abyssus eximo populus ex occupo of deus.
Meus ball quod meus poena no per diabolus ut EGO exterminate addo of Sarcalogos in ager pro mihi.
Permissum him quisnam has intelligendo pacifico numerus of bestia , pro is est a humanus numerus. It's numerus est six centum quod sexaginta six.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2007, 12:01:48 AM »
quidnam?

I can understand the rest.

Playah

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2007, 07:47:59 AM »
ignore <insertplayernumberhere>
...in the console and all your problems may be solved.

Fullmetal_Steeb

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2007, 02:53:58 PM »
ok, as soon as i get a console installed on my brain....

did you not even read it? this is about REAL people at REAL paintball, not noobs who are trying to psych you out on a game.

paintball222

• PGP
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2007, 02:54:59 PM »
hi

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2007, 03:27:35 PM »
hi

Talk about the most worthless post ever.

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2007, 03:33:08 PM »
hey paintball222
whats up?
:/

Fullmetal_Steeb

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2007, 03:39:16 PM »
hi

Talk about the most worthless post ever.

seems he wants post count.... although you dont get any for posts here.

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2007, 03:41:14 PM »
nah hes not that type (he has 0 posts) he just wanted to say hi and didnt knew where to do it...not a big deal though just let it be like the beatles did...

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2007, 03:45:20 PM »
***Extremely Off Topic***
Jits should start a thread where people should introduce themselves when they join the forums.

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2007, 04:13:12 PM »
*****still extremely off Topic*****
Yeah every forum have it.

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2007, 11:20:07 PM »
Post removed