Author Topic: Christianity and (real) paintball.  (Read 3945 times)

loial21

• Autococker
Re: Christianity and (real) paintball.
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2007, 02:49:16 AM »
The true form of Christianity is one i think to be respected

I am personally glad to hear you say this.

I talked too m7 about this as it became very relevent during a conversation while playing PB.

I asked him why does he not play any other FPS other than paintball. I asked "A FPS teaches violence right? So what difference does it make if its paint ball or an actual gun? Its all the same intention"

His reply was respectable and not hard to come by among Christians. "Paintballs do not kills in real life. When used properly"

Please watch SGT YORK.

Steeb you are as only as happy as you want to be so shut the intercourse up and play.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2007, 06:54:17 AM »
The "evangelical superdome type of Christianity" is not really found in the UK. I'm guessing thats the kind where the guy jumps around on stage with his mic and "cures" people and the like. Oh yeah, not to mention they are all rich as intercourse.

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2007, 07:39:04 AM »
I personally don't think a FPS "teaches" violence, FPS's, except a few, simply contain violence.
There may be a slight hint of violent influence among those player that come from such a family where the proper values of life and reality were not taught to the child.
My daughter is six, and already we have conversations with her about movie and television shows (not games yet). We convey to her that what she sees is no more than stories like from a book, and that the people are simply actors/actresses playing roles to deliver the story to the audience (like she does in dance). We also spend a lot of time teaching her to be courteous and respectful of all people, that all things are special in their own way, and to always look for the good in everyone/everything. And, yes, apart from this online world, where i'm an ass, evil, and hateful of all of you (which was probably once my real life way as well), I am a totally different person in the teachings of my daughter.

Although to the weak of mind there may come some negative influence from violent video games, there are greater positives to the well rounded (not like in fat) and well brought up person. Organization, coordination, structured thought processing, quick reactions are a few of the positive things gain from FPS games. I'm sure there are many others.

If you have taken violence as your lesson from any video game, blame your parents. They did a poor job of raising you.

Playah

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2007, 11:33:37 AM »
ok, as soon as i get a console installed on my brain....
you didn't really get it, right?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2007, 08:50:34 PM »
I'm pretty sure God never mowed anyone down with an Angel
You aren't familiar with Passover, are you? ;D

vLaD

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2007, 01:51:19 AM »
an angel only 24 my tippmann does 25 and also 1. there is a god or otherwise there would be more idiots running around with mental issues some of us need to stay sane to keep the world turning an spook im gonna sound like one people u guys are talking about. think about your actions now and how they will affect your future if your smart enough you will realize but i dout it since your an atheist

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2007, 11:17:47 AM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:11:59 AM by Dirty_Taco »

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2007, 12:07:36 PM »
duh DT, don't you know that all gaps in science are explained by God? Why do you think religion teaches ignorance..

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2007, 03:55:33 PM »
I believe that god and hell were created to scare civilians. Think about this, someone does something wrong.... what would be the best punishment and way to make someone change their ways. OMG A BURNING ETERNAL WORLD OF EVIL, then the gullible civilian is a good person. The only god that existed was the tiny little microorganisms that started the life on this world.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2007, 05:27:38 PM »
Religious people believe that you need God in order to be a good person. If there is no God, there is no afterlife, there is no reason to be "good". 

Spook of course they were, even if God does exist he would want to scare people into being his followers, why else would he send people to hell for being bad? The same can be said if religion was created by powerful people in their time. Its a form of control whatever the origin. I think its funny to hear some of the arguments religious people give for defending creationism over for example darwinism. Like, "something so perfect as a flower or a heart must be designed, by a designer, and that designer is God", yeah ok,  so who designed perfect God then?

And yeah, your last sentence could be just as true as an all-powerful God, the only difference being that we can make an educated guess backed up with evidence that points to dawinism, rather than simply basing our belief on faith.

Faith: Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence

eg My faith in an all powerful cow providing milky substance to green rabbits on Jupiters moon

Fullmetal_Steeb

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2007, 12:30:40 PM »
I'm pretty sure God never mowed anyone down with an Angel
You aren't familiar with Passover, are you? ;D
XD wow i just realized that the marker company i chose to refer to is Angel, when the topic is Christianity. Odd...