Author Topic: New Talent?  (Read 7910 times)

Gold_Leader

• VM-68
New Talent?
« on: June 11, 2007, 12:33:02 AM »
I believe that y00tz and Zorch have demonstarted their passion for the game, and I believe that they should be allowed to be on the development team for this game to take it to the next level to work and make it that much better.  They have both put time and dedication into things they've made to try and enhance the graphics of this game.  I think some new talent on the development team would bring alot more to the game and help it move on in the world of free online gaming.

Eiii

• Autococker
Re: New Talent?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 12:47:25 AM »
I don't see how putting them on the 'development team' would allow y00tz or Zorch to do any more than they currently are. ( jits should listen more to zorch when he works on the menu system in the future, though) Hell, I don't even know what putting them on the development team would mean.

Gold_Leader

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 01:00:22 AM »
It would mean that y00tz and Zorch could help take some of the more graphical aspects of the game off of jitspoe's hands and allow him to work on more important things for the game.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 01:06:23 AM »
Last I checked, jit's isn't working on making new textures, or menus.

Gold_Leader

• VM-68
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2007, 01:09:03 AM »
I know that.  I do believe though it is one of the top voted requests on the feature list if I'm not mistaken.  So why not get some people to work on it?

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2007, 01:33:24 AM »
y00tz is already. And people are helping out.

Gold_Leader

• VM-68
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2007, 02:10:01 AM »
That doesn't mean that it will be in the offical build.  People will still see the 1998 Doom 3 looking textures (nothing against Doom it was awesome) instead of the Hi-Res textures that are being made.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2007, 02:22:26 AM »
Err, okay? y00tz doesn't have to be on the dev team to have the textures included. That's up to jits. >_>

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2007, 05:38:02 AM »
d00m 3 didn't come out in 1998 silly.

And the community as a whole, by voting, can help determine what aspects of the two's dedication gets added to the core program.

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2007, 06:53:18 AM »
It's as simple as this eiii...

Because of Zorch's and Y00tz's many, many contributions to the game, their complete dedication to helping others in all aspects of the game on a daily basis, and their countless hours producing new material to help improve this game, they deserve the RECOGNITION of being part of what NEEDS to be called a "development team" which of course is up to jitspoe.  jitspoe should of course be honored to have them and give them that recognition  because of their countless efforts and you shouldn't spend so much time trying to shoot down everyone's good ideas with all your negative banter.  If you don't have any good ideas yourself nor anything positive to add to the conversation you might do well to sit on your hands. 

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2007, 06:59:11 AM »
I also think that y00tz and zorch should be on the dev-team of this game...Possibly even more people from this community should, i just dont remember who.
And a question: Is jitspoe working on this game alone or are calrathan and sad(?) still helping out?

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2007, 08:13:12 AM »
It's as simple as this eiii...

Because of Zorch's and Y00tz's many, many contributions to the game, their complete dedication to helping others in all aspects of the game on a daily basis, and their countless hours producing new material to help improve this game, they deserve the RECOGNITION of being part of what NEEDS to be called a "development team" which of course is up to jitspoe.  jitspoe should of course be honored to have them and give them that recognition  because of their countless efforts and you shouldn't spend so much time trying to shoot down everyone's good ideas with all your negative banter.  If you don't have any good ideas yourself nor anything positive to add to the conversation you might do well to sit on your hands. 

I don't really like pointless labels. That's what it comes down to. Actually, I don't like pointless anything, which is why I end up fighting so much on this board.

And if we are going to slap labels on them... they're really not 'developing' the game so much as 'contributing'. Contributing heavily, and doing a very good job, but I think development implies pushing the game forward in another way.

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2007, 10:08:08 AM »
I've got a little Developer title under my name here when I post, but it still and probably forever will be a one-man show.  jitspoe seems to work very efficiently by himself and having more people alongside him would probably just slow him down.  There's a lot of changes that I would love to incorporate into this game, but it seems that 75% of the time I get road blocked by the unavailable game binary source.

I probably shouldn't have opened my mouth, eiii is probably making a poll as we speak to see whether my Developer title should be revoked.

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2007, 12:10:29 PM »
wow never noticed that :O..so jits is working alone now?no helpers?

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2007, 12:14:46 PM »
I don't like pointless anything
You don't like your 1000 pointless posts on this forum? ;-)
JayKay.

But yes, I think y00tz and Zorch should be added to the development team. They will not "cramp jitspoe's style" because they would be able to do what they know best about, like textures and menus, while jitspoe gets on with the hard coding.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2007, 12:22:45 PM »
I think most people in this thread are dismissing the efforts of other people that should be acknowledged too (Don't ask me who tho)

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2007, 12:27:04 PM »
Possibly even more people from this community should, i just dont remember who.
read my posts? :P

Playah

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2007, 12:27:28 PM »
I agree about that "title" thing but what's more important: to INclude things like the menu-pack of zorch, the new textures created and arranged by yootz and dprun by cobo or dp2demo by tinman. Also including a border to set up the fov right beneath the one for the mouse (both same style) ingame would be nice. That all would make it easier for newbs getting "up-to-date" (newest textures, menus, experience with fov,...) and would make the game more uniform, not everyone possessing a "different version" paintball2.

EDIT: Also make the new the server browser of dp2 by jitspoe, the original server browser ingame.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 06:53:51 AM by Playah »

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2007, 01:28:14 PM »
I don't like pointless anything
You don't like your 1000 pointless posts on this forum? ;-)
Touché.

(+1)

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2007, 03:22:41 PM »
Yes jitspoe works mostly alone and does pretty much everything based on his experiences with the game along with this community's votes.  There are many other people who have contributed a great deal to this community and this game and to those people THANKS but this thread is about 2 of DP's finest who have been doing it since they came to this community on a daily basis.  A forum tag of "DEVELOPER" for the 2 of them wouldn't hurt a thing.  They've earned that and some for all their efforts.

I suppose there are some of us who would really like them to know how much we appreciate them is all.